“Very Good Casino,Resturants,Rooms and Services”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I Thought that the hotel was a good value for the amount of Money spent and will certainly stay there again this year

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
atlantiscasino, Manager at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2011

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Atlantis and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2011

I stayed for a week. The hotel is in the process of remodeling the rooms. My room was nicely decorated with crisp linens. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom had a hair dryer, lighted makeup mirror, and coffee maker. There was a six drawer dresser which had lots of room which made up for the "closet" which was narrow. Luckily, there was an iron and ironing board. There was also a safe. Desk area needs more outlets, there wasn't one free unless I unplugged the lamp and then it was poorly lighted. The tv's must be the last thing to be changed out because it was the older CRT type. It worked fine but it was preset with pretty loud volume when turned on...annoying. My room the the one on the other side of the elevators but the mechanism was not overly loud...only the loud guests coming off the elevators. Although my room was non smoking--I could smell smoke in the room...must have through ventilation system? One thing is that parking is not located conveniently regarding the lobby, so unless you walk around the building (if you park in the east parking lot) or wheel your luggage across the crosswalk and through valet parking, you will be wheeling luggage through the casino. Or you can use valet parking. Food was okay, but I would recommend eating at other places around town for more variety and better prices. All in all just an average hotel with good price. The best feature is the staff, they are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NevadaSoulTrain

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are still in the process of redesigning our hotel room accommodations and other areas of the property for our guests to experience and enjoy. The rooms will have new flat screen TV’s, artwork, furniture, and other great amenities. We are happy to hear that you encountered excellent service from our Team Members! Your comments will be passed along to our department Managers around the property. We hope that you will return soon and get to experience the new Atlantis!

Reviewed January 9, 2011

This place was a great stay for the price. My boyfriend and I went snowboarding and wanted to stay cheap to afford the high lift prices at the local mountains. When I booked the hotel I was told from a hotel phone representative that the whole hotel had been recently remodeled. Upon arrival that was not the case and the front desk represtative Steph made me, the customer, feel like I was lying for telling her what I was told from the hotel's representative. They had recently remodeled two floors and where working on others but not the one I booked. I booked the cheapest rooms and was pleasantly surprised for the spaciousness and cleaniless. The only dissappointment was the old t.v. in the room that made funny noises while running and the room did not have a fridge. Our room was very quiet and we were able to get a good night's rest each night, which was such a change from other places we've stayed. Overall I would recommend the hotel to others who are looking for a great value while not sacrificing comfort. We also stayed in a non-smoking room as I am very sensitive to smoke and while there were traces of smoke-smell in the hall way the room was pleasantly free from smoke-smells. I would not recommend the buffet, the food was average at best and we were not impressed.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ree707

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We apologize for any miscommunication regarding the renovation of our hotel room accommodations and the experience you had at our buffet. We are still in the process of redesigning our hotel rooms, which will include flat screen TV’s, new artwork, furniture, and other great amenities! Your comments are important to us. The information about the buffet will be passed along to our Food and Beverage department. We hope that you will decide to choose the Atlantis for your next trip to the Reno area!

Reviewed January 2, 2011

We had a very pleasant trip to Reno. The best time in your hotel and pool. Me and mywife appreciate all your attention. God bless you all.

Thank you.

Erich and Martha Boehler

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Mr. & Mrs. Boehler, thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed over Christmas 2010 with friends. Picked this hotel based on location, rating and price. We spent our days in Lake Tahoe area and our nights in Reno. The rooms were as advertised, clean and good value, nothing special. My wife was overwhelmed by the smell of smoke everywhere, casino, restaurants and hallways (we're non-smokers). She noticed it in the room more than I did. I recall another reviewer mentioned this. I played poker at the Peppermill Casino (the best poker room compared to Atlantis, El Dorado or Grand Sierra which I visited). Overall, a decent value - but if you are bothered by cigarette smoke I advise you pick another place to stay.

1  Thank DalStar1999

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are sorry to hear about the smell of smoke you experienced throughout the property. We apologize for any inconvenience. This information has been passed along to our Engineering department and their appropriate Managers to review. Otherwise, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our other amenities and hope you choose the Atlantis in the future!

Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed at the Atlantis because my husband's work was holding their annual Christmas party there, and we didn't want to drive home. We had a smoking room, so I was pleasantly surprised when, as we walked down the hallway and into our room, there was no telltale smoke smell! The bed was SO comfortable, and the room was spotless! My only problem was that I like to have outside air, but you can't open any windows.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa! We will be sure to pass along your comments about the cleanliness of the room and the bed to the appropriate Managers for their review. We hope you decide to stay at the Atlantis in the future!

Reviewed December 29, 2010

We have always received spectacular service from this wonderful property. The rooms are extremely comfortable and include every amenity one could ask for.