“Still the best bet and value in Reno - All upgraded tower rooms”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fresno , CA
“Still the best bet and value in Reno - All upgraded tower rooms”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

All tower rooms have been upgraded with LCD TVs and safes. WiFi is free.
Cute little single cup coffee makers in-room. The desk / entertainment center in-room has multi data inputs, you can connect your laptop to the LCD TV if need be. Rooms are always very clean, and now even a better deal since they have been upgraded.
Sign up for their discount postcards sent via mail. You can get free nights before or after a paid night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
houston
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Stayed there for Junior Olympics Volleyball tournament

Originally we were booked to stay in the lodge at the Atlantis but when we got to our room, it was small and clearly a smoking a room. For an extra $20/night fee, we moved to the Atlantis tower. What a change and well worth the extra money!!!

Spacious rooms and bathroom; huge flat screen tv; great view (14th floor) of the mountains; quiet hotel considering there is a casino on the first floor and great location for our tounament which was in the Convention Center (connected to the Atlantis).

I asked for pillows without down feathers and they immediately had them sent to our room; front desk staff exceptionally friendly and helpful; the restaurants at the Atlantis are amazing (beware: they give you a lot of food....we ended up sharing several times during our meals).

Loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cave Junction, Oregon
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantis for three nights on June, 13, 14, and 15. Overall we were happy with our stay save for one thing. The Bistro restaurant.

I ordered the Kansas City Bone-in Rib Eye steak and I must say that it was probably the worst steak I’ve ever eaten and, I might add, the most expensive. I just wish I hadn’t lifted this piece of fat laden meat off of my plate to view what looked like congealed grease underneath. Wood-fired might be the latest fad in dining, but mine was burned for nearly 25 percent of it.

When I complained to the waiter, he smirked (yes – smirked is the correct word) and said the congealed grease was a Balsamie Demi-Glaze sauce. I was not impressed. I’ve seen that mess before and I call it GREASE!

By the same token my wife enjoyed her wood-fired jumbo prawns and was pleased with her dish.

We had just arrived at the hotel from Oregon and I wanted to make our first dinner there very special. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Our entire meal came to $85.10 and I must say for what we got it certainly was NOT worth it!

I would recommend the hotel - not the Bistro!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
atlantiscasino, Manager at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience at the Bistro Napa restaurant. We are disappointed to hear about the negative service you received from a Team Member and that the steak was not to your satisfaction. Please know that your comments have been passed along to the appropriate Food and Beverage Managers so they can be addressed. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and we hope to see you again in the future!
Emmett, Idaho
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed at the Atlantis on a two-night comp. invitation. Valet, front desk were friendly,helpful and efficient! Remodeled room (paid $40 upgrade) was beautiful and immaculate. Casino waitresses were "on top of it" with drinks and machines plentiful (with variety of denominations): some pay,many don't but it is fun to spend your money and "theirs"too. Buffett offerings (ate breakfast and lunch) were varied (American, Mexican, Japanese, Thai,etc. plentiful and looked delicious. The wait staff and bus boys were attentive to our needs. Also ate at the steakhous--somewhat pricey, but worth every cent! Good food, attentive staff and excellent service. My daughter wants to go to Las Vegas for the 4th of July; we're trying to convince her that the BEAUTIFUL ATLANTIS in Reno makes you feel like a winner....even if you leave with empty pockets. We will see you soon,Atlantis.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
atlantiscasino, Manager at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and are trying to convince your daughter to stay at the Atlantis! We hope she had a nice birthday, wherever she decided to go! This information has been passed along to the appropriate department Managers so they can review with their Team Members. We look forward to your return in the future!
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We chose the Atlantis for our 30th anniversary. We explained to the clerk when we checked in that we wanted a nice meal to celebrate the occasion. She failed to tell us that us the featured steakhouse is closed on Mondays, which only left 1 other on-site upscale restaurant (Napa Bistro). We first sat down in the lounge attached to the restaurant but before ordering changed our minds and went to the desk to make a reservation. The waiter in the lounge rushed over to chew us out for moving from his table. We were so embarrassed by his outburst that we left and ended up eating in the buffet, which was OK, but not the romantic dinner we wanted. The other issue was the fact we paid extra to be in one of the concierge rooms. We were just 3 doors away from the elevator that ran continuously and kept us awake until 1 am, then woke us up at 5 am. When we told the concierge clerk the next morning as we were checking out, she and the shift manager promised to contact us and "make it right". Both claimed no one had ever complained about that specific room- really? It sounded liking a jumbo jet taking off every 30 seconds. Foolishly, we didn't push the issue at the time and trusted they would be true to their word. We provided our address, phone and email but have never heard a word from the Atlantis management.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AntiAtlantis
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We apologize about the series of events that occurred throughout your stay. We understand that Management has contacted you and we are happy to hear that the problem has been resolved. If you need any assistance please contact us directly and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Jerseyville, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and I had stayed here before and had a very good experience. However if you have a major problem such as the electricity in the building not working do not expect much. Most of the hotel was so dark you could not see because there is not a generator that powers the entire hotel. It was 8 in the morning and we went down to the lobby thinking at least there would be one restaurant that would have power (by generator) not hardly. We asked the front desk where we could eat they had no idea and we did not have a rental car so we were stuck unless we tried to get a taxi. The only thing that had a generator powering it was the front desk (understandable) about 20 slot machines (I cared more about eating) and......that was it. I even asked for compensation and it did not happen. The electric did not come back on until 4 in the afternoon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CrysP2222
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience during the power outage. Unfortunately, strong winds caused a few power lines to be down around the city. During this time, our Team Members did the best they could to assist our guests in all areas of the hotel. The power outage started at 8am, which we understand is a busy time for guests to visit our restaurants. We wanted to ensure the safety of all our guests, therefore, opened one restaurant by 9am. We realize you have stayed with us in the past and hope you decide to stay with us again in the future. Thank you.
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We arrived at this hotel later than expected, but check-in was fast and simple, and we found a parking space in the large lot behind the resort.

We also saw the detached "motor lodge" behind the main building, and you kind of get an idea that the people who stay there are not exactly elite members of the Black Diamond Club. Let's just say that you get what you pay for, folks, so don't complain if you're trying to skimp while staying at a resort casino.

My beautiful girlfriend was awe-struck upon our entry into our room, and I'm glad because I wanted to treat her to something nice. Fantastic room, roomy enough for the two of us, nice marble in the bathrooms, large flat screen t.v. mounted on the beautifully-decorated dark wood wall system, comfortable chairs and a bed neither of us wanted to get out of. I wish we would have had more time just to spend relaxing in the room!

Okay, I'd be lying if I were to say that everything was perfect. There was one minor glitch - the both lamps on one side of the bed (one being a night stand lamp; the other a cool nighttime reading lamp extending from the headboard) weren't working. I was going to let it go, but then decided to call down to the front desk to voice my concerns. Within five minutes, a maintenance man came up with a new energy-efficient lightbulb and installed it in the night stand lamp. Problem solved; simple replacement of a blown bulb. But the reading lamp involved a technician. Within 10 minutes another man came up, fiddled around behind the bedboard for a couple of minutes and the light was on. There - perfect room.

After getting settled, we chose to have dinner at one of the fine dining establishments at the hotel - the Oyster Bar on the Sky Terrace. We had about a 10 minute wait, and then we got a table. The food was fantastic - my girlfriend ordered a shredded crabmeat cocktail and rainbow sushi roll, I ordered a jumbo prawn cocktail, and we shared a basket of delicious garlic french fries which were seasoned with olive oil (trust me; it works). Doesn't sound like a lot, but we were both full and completely satisfied even before we could finish it all. Prices weren't bad either and our server (Paul) was great and very friendly; not around too much, but there when we needed him.

Afterwards, we needed to work off our food, so we took a brisk walk up Virginia Street to a nearby Borders a little under a mile away, and swung by Starbucks for a little treat on the way back.

The showerhead in our room was larger than usual, which made for a nice exhilarating shower, and the beds were so comfortable, we slept like logs throughout the entire night.

The next morning, we headed towards "downtown" Reno where some of the other casinos were, had some breakfast, picked up a bunch of souveniers, took some pictures; then with time getting away from us, hustled back to the hotel. Another nice thing about this hotel was that the check-out time was noon, as opposed to 10:00 am like other hotels.

The staff was very friendly, it was a little hard navigating which elevators to take to which floors, but we figured it out, the 2nd floor arcade is very large and nice for kids and we liked the fact that the location of the hotel was away from the hustle and bustle of other casinos. It kinds sits off by itself; far enough to be away from everything, yet close enough (roughly three miles) to the touristy spots.

One last comment; I accidentally left my phone charger in my room; didn't realize it until I got back home. I called the Security/Lost & Found department at the hotel and left a message, and they called back shortly afterwards. The good - they had found my charger. The better - they said they would send it to me UPS ground service. However, they said they were going to charge me to send it. Sure, I'm thankful they retrieved it and will make arrangements to get it back to me; however I don't know if it's too much to expect the hotel to absorb the $8.00 shipping charge when I had just dropped about $130 for a one night stay.

Anyway, this was my first time to Reno and I was very pleased about every aspect of my stay and with this hotel. Even though we are not gamblers, if/when we are able to return, we would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank SynthPopLover
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We appreciate your feedback about your experience in all areas of the hotel and in the Reno area! Please know that this information will be passed along to the appropriate department Managers for their review. Our goal is to provide our guests with the highest quality Accommodations, Entertainment, Service, and Food and Beverage. Your comments help us to attain these goals. We are happy to hear that you will return to the Atlantis and we look forward to seeing you in the future!