“Horrible!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Commerce City, CO
Reviewed June 1, 2006

We stayed at this hotel over the Memorial weekend. Our rooms were located on the 7th floor, non smoking section.. Our room reeked of cigarette smoke smell, so much for non smoking and my father in law's room smelled of body odor. Why we stayed in those rooms and didn't demand different ones, I have no idea. I guess because we figured they wouldn't have others to put us in because the hotel was full and we were tired and wanted to rest. I called housekeeping complaining about the smell and asked that they bring up airfreshner at least but that never happened even after two requests. Finally my husband called them on the third time and demanded they bring airfreshner up and they brought us some to use finally.. It helped a little but not much. My father in law requested a full bedding change of blanket, bedspread and sheets. I'm not sure that happened though. I think the smells in both rooms were imbedded in the curtains and carpet. We will never stay at that hotel again because of the housekeeping!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Reviewed May 28, 2006

Needed a place to stay while taking our son
on a college visit to UNR. The check in was quick and we
were given a room upgrade. The gambling part of it
did not matter; we just wanted a clean, spacious,
moderately priced hotel. I would give it 4 stars on all counts.
We paid 48.50 for a very nice, double queen room on the 13th floor.
Along with the room being large, the bathroom was spacious, the beds
were comfortable and we had a great view of the lights of Reno.
The other thing that I apprciated about this hotel is that it is away from the strip
so it is quieter. We ate breakfast in the buffet ( I am not a buffet lover) and had
a great omelette. The price of the buffet (8.99 I think) was worth it just for the omelette.
I would highly recommend this hotel and we will return in July when we make our next visit to UNR. One other plus is that there is an Outback Steakhouse and Red Lobster right across the street.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank olinemother
Reviewed May 21, 2006

The health spa was excellent and i the most terrific massage ever! However the lady in charge of the spa by the name of shirley was not a delightful person to meet,a person with that kind of attitude should not be in a wonderful place with such an attitude.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 19, 2006

I have stayed in this Hotel on several occasions and ALWAYS get Royal treatment. I am a gambler and do spend a decent amount of time at the tables but I am treated like royalty everytime my family arrives. We always get a room that would be a great place to live if you did not gamble. It is 1650 sq ft and has two bedrooms and a large living area. Did I mention 4 Plasma TVs. they have these rooms on most floors. They are the rooms that end in XX22, 24 and 28. We signed up for the players card and all of the rest is history. We would normally gamble if we got comped or not but they take such good care of the players anyone who does not sign up for the card is stupid.

Regarding the food we are always comped and have eaten at all of the restuarants. The steak house and the Italian resuarant are very good. I do not care for the breakfast place since I have gotten food that was not as hot as like it. It is hard to complain when you are getting everything for free.

The bottom line is you will not find a Hotel in Reno that rewards gamblers like this Hotel does.

5  Thank markmcd55
Reviewed May 16, 2006

Loved the hotel, pool and buffet.

3  Thank ncypeacock
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Our room was beautiful, the spa was great and the buffet was my favorite. The staff was very friendly and made our stay very enjoyable. Only bad experience was the shuttle driver, who didnt show up at the airport when he was supposed to, but he told the hotel dispatch that he was there. I would go again !!

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed May 8, 2006

The Atlantis is an excellent hotel and casino. My daughter and I have stayed there our last 3 trips to Reno and are planning to stay there again in a few days. I highly recommend it, from everything to the rooms, restaurants,casino and service.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Reno hotels
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Harrah's Reno
Harrah's Reno
#19 of 64 in Reno
The Sands Regency Casino Hotel
Whitney Peak Hotel
Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport

Been to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Address: 3800 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502-6005
Location: United States > Nevada > Reno
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Casino Hotel in Reno
#1 Spa Hotel in Reno
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Reno
#1 Luxury Hotel in Reno
#2 Family Hotel in Reno
#2 Romantic Hotel in Reno
#2 Business Hotel in Reno
Price Range: $79 - $299 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Atlantis Casino Resort Spa 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Atlantis Casino Resort Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Atlantis Hotel Reno