“Fun place, fun hotel, good vibes”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Fun place, fun hotel, good vibes”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We've been there twice and will come back again. This place rocks. It's fun and offers all we needed. The rooms were both times nice, large and clean and we had nice view. Food was good too.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank InterMMiami
AtlantisManagement, Manager at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are happy to hear that you have returned a second time and enjoyed your stay with us! Your comments and observations are important to us. Our goal is to provide our guests with the highest quality Accommodations, Entertainment, Service, and Food and Beverage. Your comments help us to attain these goals. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,102)
Chico
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I was on a long trip and about to drive through Reno so I looked up rooms on expedia, found a room at the Atlantis Casino Resort for $90 a night. I went ahead and booked the room as I have never had a bad experience at the Atlantis prior to this night, my first clue would be that the room was at the Motor Lodge. Not knowing what the Motor Lodge was did not concern me as it was the Atlantis Casino Resort. Little did I know that the Motor Lodge was a little dump of a motel that is in the back parking lot of the Atlantis Casino Resort, not even attatched to the Casino itself, It was more like a motel 8 that I should have paid $29 per night for not $90. They had no rooms available in the main towers and they would not refund my room rate, my kids and I decided to continue on our way home and stay in our own beds. We may have not got home until 1:30 in the morning and I may have lost the $90 room rate but even that was better than staying in the flee infested rat trap that the Atlantis Casino Resort was calling a room. Shame on the Atlantis and shame on Expedia for selling this type of room at the rate it was at and calling it part of the Atlantis Casino Resort.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank HardrockChico
AtlantisManagement, Manager at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding your stay in the Motor Lodge, and the confusion regarding the location and price of the room. We realize that you have stayed with us in the past and we appreciate your loyalty. We describe the Motor Lodge as a two-story building adjacent to the main casino Towers. The price of the room fluctuates based on occupancy and if there are groups, conventions, or special events in the area. This information has been passed along to the appropriate department Managers for review and we hope that you will decide to choose the Atlantis in the future.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed December 21, 2009

The Atlantis is a nice hotel. I found the people to be friendly and helpful and the food is pretty good (especially in the Manhattan Deli). The rooms are clean and good size and I especially appreciate the smoke free gaming areas! I didn't use the Spa, but received a pedicure at the salon and was very pleased. Everything is really nice about the hotel except the gaming. The slots are so tight now, I found it impossible to find a machine I could play on for even an hour or so! Last year, I had so much fun playing and had no problem playing on the same money all weekend, not this year! It may seem silly to some people, but the few times a year I do play, I enjoy it, so the gaming made my experience at the Atlantis not as good as in the past.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank smalltowngalReno
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the customer service, restaurants, and the pedicure at the Salon! We realize that you had a nice time at the property, but we are also disappointed to hear about the gaming area, particularly the slot machines. We will certainly pass along your feedback to our Slot department for further review. Thank you for always choosing the Atlantis and we hope to see you again!
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I would go back here in a second! The spa itself is worth the trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about Spa Atlantis! We are excited about the New Spa and the variety of treatments and relaxation rooms for our guests to enjoy. This information will be passed along to the Spa Team Members and our Management staff. We hope that you will choose the Atlantis in the future!
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I stayed at the Atlantis for a week in November for a convention. My main reason for picking this hotel was because of the enclosed skybridge to the convention center which did away with my need to put on a coat! That said, the hotel is comparable to any in Reno and certainly holds it own against any of them.

The rooms were in the process of being renovated when I arrived as noted by the unloading of new matresses in the parking lot. The rooms were very nicely apportioned and of good size. In fact, in hearing from most of my collegues who stayed at hotels downtown, the rooms at the Atlantis were of much better quality. I guess several of the downtown hotels, which are owned by companies that also manage properties in Vegas, have been getting the shaft with concern to renovation money. I used to stay at the CIrcus Circus but someone I knew that stayed there compared it to a 2-diamond property. What I really enjoyed was the quality of the restaurants, especially the deli and the coffee shop both of which did a great job with service.

The low points are kind of picky - first, location. You really are isolated from downtown where most of the casinos are located. About a mile down the street is the Peppermill which just recently added a tower but it's just too cold to walk down there in the winter. Taxis are available bu expensive. If you have a car, your about a ten to fifteen minute drive to downtown depending on traffic.

The other nitpick I have is the gym. For a reasonable charge of $7.50 per use, you get access to some very nice new equipment but there is no locker room or place to change or shower. The new spa at the hotel seems to have taken up all that space. The machines are also incapable of holding a book or other reading material and they don't have any racks you can hang on them. However, they do have individual TV screens built right in. There is a very nice indoor pool and a jacuzzi outside that don't charge.

It's my understanding that this is where the locals like to gamble and eat and locals know the best value right? I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. We appreciate your feedback about our property, especially about our rooms and restaurants! We are still in the process of a hotel remodel, which will also include our Seafood Steakhouse. Please know that your comments will be passed along to the appropriate department for review. We hope that when you return to the Reno area you will choose the New Atlantis!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My boyfriend and I went to Reno and wanted to have a nice place to stay for a weekend getaway! This hotel is clean, the food is great and the service is even better. The rooms are clean and nice and everything is easy to get to. I will be staying here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
AtlantisManagement, Manager at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa! Your comments and observations are important to us. Our goal is to provide our guests with the highest quality Accommodations, Entertainment, Service, and Food and Beverage. We are happy to hear that you will return to the Atlantis and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
New York City, USA
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Every time I stayed in a Reno hotel I was disappointed. No more!

I paid almost nothing (~$50) for my room at the Atlantis, as I was staying there on a quiet Tuesday night. When I checked in, I was "upgraded" to the Concierge Suite. This might have made all the difference, I'm not sure.

In any event, from that point on, my stay was heavenly. It was just a short walk to the elevator (no confused wandering around a casino floor) and then to my room (no vertigo-inducing Vegas-length hall) which was immaculate, stylish, and welcoming. (Kudos to the decorator.) The view was amazing, the shower was wonderful, and the bed was comfortable.

What more does a weary traveler need? How about a huge flat-screen television with every A/V link I could think of (bring a cable for your laptop!) and free wi-fi?

I can think of just three complaints. One, the $10 fee tacked on for amenities is especially unwelcome when you've already negotiated a rate. (But, free wi-fi.) Two, the hot water is too hot. I know, this sounds crazy, but it is really scalding! Three, the shuttle driver tried to talk me into some pyramid scheme on the way to the hotel. Very unprofessional and, even in Nevada, probably illegal.

I will definitely be staying at the Atlantis again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank gridskipper
We appreciate your response regarding your recent stay with us at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Thank you for the great comments about your room accommodations, and that you found your hotel in Reno! We are disappointed to hear about the hot water, resort fee, and the shuttle driver. We apologize for any inconvenience and these comments will be passed along to the appropriate department Manager for review. We look forward to your return when you visit Reno in the future!