Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport(Reno)(Great Value!)
$100
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$81
$59
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$92
$79
  • Pool
$107
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
$57
$50
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$80
$69
Whitney Peak Hotel(Reno)
$185
  • Restaurant
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
$60
5,250 results
All reviewspurple parrotbistro napamanhattan deliconcierge towersky terraceluxury towersushi barindoor poolconvention centernon smokingnice roomget awayslot machinesreno areavalet parkingcoffee shopbrine
Reviewed March 8, 2006

We just got back from our weekend at the Atlantis Casino and we were pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews. We got a dirt cheap price through Priceline and thought for sure we'd be stuck in the travelodge. When I called in advance to confirm reservations I was told our room was in the Luxury Tower which was a relief. We checked in and found that our room was very nice and quiet with a spectacular view. The Casino was nice too. They seemed to cater to an older crowd unlike the ones closer to town. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We would definitely consider going back.

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank swift44
Reviewed March 2, 2006

It started with the shuttle driver. I opted to keep my small computer case with me on the bus when he was loading our lugguage into the back. He shrugged his shoulders. All two of us got onto the shuttle to be taken to the hotel. This guy climbed into his seat and proceeded to LECTURE me all the way to the Atlantis about how he was allowing me to carry my bag, but that if I forgot it on the bus, or fell because of it, or hit someone with it, he was not liable or going to lose his job because he had warned me. Ironically, all of his warnings came WHILE he was driving the bus -- not at the time of loading our lugguage. He did not let up the whole trip. No tip for him. So I'm already in a foul mood from this joker, and get to the hotel. First of all, I couldn't see the registration desk for all the people milling in the lobby. I finally found the desk and got into an extremely long line. After a 20 minute wait, I paid for my room and was then told my room would not be ready for another 30 minutes (must be a standard thing they say - see other reviews). So after a 12 hour journey from Atlanta to Reno, I had to stand another 30 minutes in a crowded lobby while the check-in line stretched almost out the door. I stopped an employee 30 minutes later and asked if I had to stand in that line again. He quickly went to the desk and fetched my keys for me. That was nice of him. I got to my room and it was pretty nice, too. Things were looking up. Then - dinner at the Cafe Alfresco that night was over-priced and unappetizing. Our meeting room for our business meeting turned out to be in an old nightclub. Our meeting table was under a pink metal octopus, on a dance floor, in a mirrored room. I kid you not. Banquet staff, however, were gracious and very accomodating -- the banquet manager checked on us every morning. Lunch was at Toucan Charlies each day. Why? Because the SERVICE and FOOD was outstanding. This restaurant gets 10 stars and was the one bright spot at the Atlantis. Entire facility is stuck in the 70s. I kept expecting Sammy Davis Jr. or Frank Sinatra to walk around the corner -- the place smells of smoke, no matter where you are. I did find the beds cxomfortable and my room very quiet. I guess I'm still burning over my welcome -- it ruined the whole trip for me. I hope the shutttle bus driver who lectured me loses his job. It colored my entire feeling about this place. I hope to never have to return to the Atlantis.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
9  Thank Princess-Gadabout
Reviewed February 21, 2006

The price we paid for the room we received at the Atlantis was an excellent value.

I booked four rooms through Priceline and received a great rate considered to be part of the holiday weekend. We all checked in at 3pm, at the appointed time.

Check-in: It was a circus. Fortunately, we were able to find temporary parking in the porte cochere just to check in. The Atlantis does not have convenient parking. The main parking lot is across South Virginia. At the last minute, one of our party was not able to make it, so I pre-arranged to make sure I was able to check in for that room even though it was paid for in my name. Fortunately, I was able to check in for that room. There is a $3.36 energy charge that was not covered in the Priceline price. I was not surprised by the charge after reading previous reviews, so I was prepared. Tony was really helpful and tried to accommodate our requests of non-smoking rooms. Unfortunately, we were not able to get our rooms somewhat close to each other. I ended up on the 17th floor while the other rooms were on the 14th, the 13th, and the 12th floors in the Atrium Tower. After obtaining our room keys, I told the rest in my party to go to their rooms, while I moved my car to the parking lot. I then had to lug my carry on bag with me across the Sky Terrace over South Virginia to my hotel room. Fortunately, I'm fairly fit so it wasn't a problem for me. Finding the second set of elevator towers was relatively easy. Just look for the atrium area which basically tells you that you're entering the Atrium Tower. The elevators were quick with views of Downtown Reno.

Room: I was in Room 1741 on the 17th floor with views of southern Reno. SEE PICTURES. The room was clean and did not smell of smoke. The room was perfectly clean. Even though I was by myself, I was given two queens. The bathroom was in silver marble with a separate toilet and bathtub. It also had vanilla scented toiletries and an almond lotion bottle. Water pressure was excellent and hot water was plentiful. In effect, the bathroom was huge! I also had an iron and ironing board in my room. The bed was very comfortable with triple sheeting.

Casino: I did not gamble here, strange as it may seem, but I did manage to walk around. The casino is old school with lots of neon and mirrors. It's not really light and airy.

From my hotel room window, I did manage to see the indoor pool area. It's not very big compared to the pictures you see on TV. I did notice an outdoor swimming pool and a hot tub. Had we stayed a couple days longer, we might have used the amenities.

Improvements needed: Parking has to be closer or attached; like not having to cross the street to get there; covered parking too! :-)

Overall, it was a great stay.

20  Thank TheKwietOne
Reviewed February 13, 2006

This hotel/casino is truly a tale of two hotels. I gave it a 1 rating to get your attention. My wife and arrived in Reno late Feb. 4, and ended up checking in about 1 am Feb. 5. We had bought a package thru Vacation Outlet for a 7 day stay. When we checked in we found out our "economy room" was actually a tiny room in the motor lodge in the parking lot. We were never told by Vacation Outlet what an economy room was. Since it was so late, we stayed in the lodge that night. After getting a different price to switch to the main hotel from the various people we contacted at the hotel, we finally agreed to pay an extra $20 per night. I had planned on skiing that afternoon, but we ended up not being able to move until after 3 pm. The hotel desk personnel did not treat us very well. Even a call to Vacation Outlet didn't help.

The hotel room in the main hotel was actually very nice. After a few days of gambling, a host from the casino contacted us. From that point on, they couldn't do enough for us. Not only did they comp the difference in the price for the room, all our meals were comped for the last 3 days.

The pool was indoors, but the hot tub is outside, and it did get cold at night. If you wanted to use the indoor hot tub, it was an extra $8.

I would definitely consider staying there again, now knowing what the place was like. I think the motor lodge is just ploy to get most people in there for a cheap room, knowing most people will pay the difference to stay in a nicer rooms in the main hotel. However, i think they nickel and dime you for everything (not coffee maker in the room, a buck every time you make phone call, $8 to not have to freeze when you get out of the hot tub, etc.)

18  Thank 4TH STOOGE
Reviewed February 9, 2006

The Hotel was fine. The room in the luxury tower was in excellent condition and looks as if it had been recently renovated. Housekeeping kept the room sparkling clean. Check-in was efficient considering the long line.

The SALON IS EXCELLENT! Annie cut my hair and is a WONDERFUL stylist. I only wish I lived in Reno so that I could get my hair cut by her every time. Thanks, Annie! The salon was also excellent value, about half the price of what I would have paid in San Francisco.

I didn't have a lot of luck in the Casino but they had all of the table games, slot machines and video poker.

12  Thank tschaefer