“Regrettable”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
san francisco
“Regrettable”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I work at a hotel in San Francisco and having to actually manage to get the weekend off took some serious back breaking negotiating. There is nothing better than anxiously awaiting your vacation and checking into a great unit, with great friends.

Unfortunately, that feeling died out as soon as I arrived at 3 in the morning on Saturday and was greeted by a cold smirk and an unfriendly welcome. The girl with the black hair was partially interested and wanted to quickly dispose of us. Maria the night shift front desk manager was even worse than the associate. Every question I asked she bitterly replied as if I should know the answers. Look, it's nothing personal--but if you're uninterested and unsatisfied with your job do not take it out on your customers.

There was a leakage somewhere that didn't concern our unit but the maintenance guys decided to knocked on our door 3 times all within hours intervals to let us know.

On the bright side though room was clean.

I will not be recommending Atlantis Casino Resort to any of my future clients or friends.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank nitamui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,160)
Brigham City, UT
Reviewed January 9, 2009

My husband and I just finished up our Christmas vacation with a three night stay. We didn’t get the higher floor that we wanted or the king size bed (Oh the little pleasures in life!) but we did have a wonderful time and the customer service was outstanding! If you are a sushi lover Sherwin and Pam are the two you want to look for they will make your dining experience a reason to go back for more (and we did 3x,… the mermaid roll is a dream). Then there is the Manhattan deli everyone was so nice but you want to look for William if you want to really dine with style. Thanks to the wonderful staff and the attentive cocktail servers, we will be back!

• Liked — customer service was outstanding!
  • Disliked — We got there at around 6pm and the room preferences were not available.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nikki310
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Just a quick warning: Avoid room 1137 and all those that are in line with it up and down the "luxury tower". The glass elevators slide right in front of the windows. And I mean within inches! The big cords hang in front of the windows and then the elevators woosh past. It's quite startling the first time it happens. The people in the elevator can't see into the room I'm sure, but it's very disconcerting. You certainly don't want to have the curtains open. The noise is more of a rumbling sound and I think I'm getting used to it. Light sleepers would be miserable. Other than that the place is great for the price we got on Hotwire($25).

• Liked — Spacious room
  • Disliked — ELEVATORS!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
los angeles
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I went to Reno for a conference. My company booked tha Atlantis for me. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. While I am a frequent visitor to Las Vegas, it had been a while since I had been to Reno. The hotel was clean, easy to navigate. I liked that it did not take long to get from my room on the 16th floor to the main floor areas, casino etc.
The hotel restaurants were very moderately priced, which was an unexpected surprise. The coffee shop was O.K. The deli, and Italian places were better than average and given the price for the entrees and the size of the portions, a good bargain. The seafood buffet was better than expected.
I was happy to see that the tables did NOT start at $25 and go up from there. It was nice just to be able to gamble for the enjoyment without having to worry about mortgaging the house.
I will definately be staying here again when I return with the family.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank porscheluvva
California
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Looked online for deals, was looking for a great deal to stay a couple a days mainly to see relatives. Boy do I wish I d paid the extra to stay at the SUMMIT again!. I hadnt been to Atlantis for over 10 years, but thought how bad could it be? Try horrible overall! AND- I wont go through expedia again EITHER! What a PAIN in the BEhind!.. Upon Arrival I waited in line for more than 45 minutes to check in only to be told my our room was smoking only off in the motor lodge (my father has a smoke allergy and knee injury so that wasnt going to work). I had to pay 30 dollars extra to upgrade per night!. Then, every restaurant in the hotel was exposed to the casinos- no separate walls- so there was no way to get away from smoke or the sound of ring aling ding without leaving the hotel. The next day when I phoned to try and change the reservations and leave learly, I had to wait online with expedia phone holds back and forth for 1/2 an hor- the soonest we could check out was sunday morning, at which time we had to verify check out again for another 1/2 hour on the phone with expedia- ! What an inconvenience!! AND in to top it off- there was only one jacuzzi, and it was filled with 15 children ranging from 5years old to 15 splashing away while the parents were on deck enjoying there beverages. One pool was working, the other was being filled, which was ice cold (another reason we stayed at Atlantis over the Summit- because the pool is such a walk at the Summit--) and were not informed when making arrangements. We awoke to grinding- thats right, Atlantis is remodeling, so early Sunday morning they are grinding marble- lucky for us we were leaving early. I will never stay at at Atlantis again, and it is unlikely I will book through Expedia again, no matter how many "i'm sorry for your wait" the friendly people told me- it was not helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — MATTRESS QUALITY
  • Disliked — NOISE, SERVICE, VALUE, QUALITY,
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Nataliapsychologist
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Few people carry as much Clout in writing Reviews as a Seasoned Travel Industry Professional.
As a Person who has been to over 33 countries, when It was Decided that my First, Legal, wedding would be a Simple Reno Affair, the Atlantis Resort and Casino was Our Choice where to spend this most Special of Occasions. Atlantis not only met, but exceeded our Expectations, every step of the Way. From the Moment our Reservations were booked by Ms. Nolan, It was a weekend we would Cherish forever. Everyone treated us like a VIP, from Marc in the VIP Reception, to Frank in the Concierge Lounge, and Monica the Front Desk Manager. Even Mark Rogers of Hotel Security went out of His Way. Atlantis is The Only Real Choice, for a Memorable Experience in Reno!

US
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My prior stay in their Motor Lodge unit was disappointing, but that put me on their mailing list for a $25 promotion for their basic (a.k.a. "luxury") tower rooms on certain dates. Everything on the tower side (there are several sections, varying in amenities) was well-run; my room was nicely furnished and included an iron and a safe.
Their glass elevators are as fast as they are interesting.
I didn't eat there, but many food options were offered.
The indoor pool is superb; the outdoor one is small, but the sundeck area is large and quiet. The fitness center was undergoing renovation; the temporary room was barely adequate.
Talented lounge performers filled the lobby and casino area with lively music.
The property is near a lot of shopping but several miles from the downtown casinos. A local bus passes every 10-15 minutes and arrives downtown within 25 minutes. When their huge parking lots swell up, it could take you ten minutes just to walk to your car.

• Liked — Condition of Room
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo