“Great Birthday Weekend”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Point Richmond, California
“Great Birthday Weekend”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

A group of 20 gathered at Atlantis for a 50th birthday celebration and had a great weekend! Worked with Kayden West and she did an amazing job coordinating a block of rooms at a fantastic rate and helping with who to contact to get everything pulled together for the event! Thanks Kayden and staff for a job well done! The rooms at Atlantis are so nice and if there are any issues, the staff are great about helping to make the changes to keep all of our guests happy. From the shuttle driver who picked us up, to the person checking us in… the staff were so pleasant and friendly! Great attitudes all around! Make sure to take advantage of the lovely enclosed pool in the wintertime and outdoor pool area in the summer… both are lovely! Only reason for 4 stars is that this is a casino and it is smoky… the non smoking rooms are not smoky, nor are the restaurants, so that is a plus, but in the open casino it is smokey and was the only negative that I encountered! If in Reno… make sure to stay at Atlantis and if you have an event… this is a perfect venue… great staff, great restaurants, great spa…. (Separate review for Atlantis Steakhouse, Bistro Napa and the Atlantis Spa… all fantastic!)

Room Tip: Might want to stay away from the rooms right near the elevators… one guest said he could hear it all...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bgonthego
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa to celebrate your birthday and I am elated that it was a memorable one. It was a pleasure reading the highlights of your stay; however, I am disappointed that you were inconvenienced by the smoke smell in the casino. Our Director of Facilities is investigating our air handling system. I hope you return in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The two times I stayed at Atlantis I was disappointed. Not in the facilities or the restaurants (my favorites!) but in the fact that the cigarette smoke permeated our room and was quite pervasive elsewhere as well. We are both asthmatic, my husband much worse than I am. I was able to deal with it okay but hubby was up all might using nebulizer and drugs due to the smoke on our non-smoking floor. It will be such a disappointment not to go back but the smoke has made our decision for us. if you don't mind some smoke, this would still be 5 stars in my book but if you have severe asthma, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Be sure to take a good whiff when you go up to your room if you are sensitive to smoke.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Equestrian47
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed that the smoke smell was overwhelming for you and your husband. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Lodi, California
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Went to see Sinbad (11/30/13). We got a room and upgraded (for an extra $10) to include breakfast for two at the buffet on Sunday. The room was nice, bed was so comfy. We had dinner at the Purple Parrot. They serve good size portions for the prices. Breakfast at the buffet was pretty good, lots of stuff to choose from including crab legs! We really enjoyed our stay and Atlantis will definitely be our "go to" place to stay whenever we go to Reno.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments and making Atlantis Casino Resort Spa your resort destination while in Reno. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
No. Cali
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Every year the ladies in our family have a "girl's getaway weekend" Friday through Sunday after Thanksgiving to do all of our Holiday shopping, eat, drink, and gamble. We usually stay at the Peppermill, but were not able to secure rooms there in time this year. We thought let's try the Atlantis this year, rated #2. Well, the Dolphin tower rooms are decent; they have comfortable beds, but the bathrooms could use some updating. We used the indoor pool, somewhat small and round, not ideal for laps. Nice and hot. The casino in my opinion during our 3 days was quite smokey, to the point that it bothered my contact lenses immensely. Went to bed early every night. The $1 slot machines and $1 video poker machines were very tight, and I was playing 2-3 "coins" per play. I never hit anything over $50, and it went back in within 15-25 plays. The blackjack wasn't any better. Out of the five of us, my grandmother "luckily" hit a four of a kind playing with the dealer on three card poker for $500 and also hit a royal flush on $1 video poker for $1000, but who knows how much she put in. The rest of us lost more than that. Anyway, the Sunday morning buffet was pretty okay, if you like to eat a lot and spend $22. I think the best thing about the Atlantis, but not worth returning for is the $3.50 gelato, big scoop, lots of flavors. Next year we will be going back to the Peppermill. Better rooms, better pool, better gambling, better food, better experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NoCali-momof2
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay. However, I am disappointed that we didn’t exceed your expectations. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
IL
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Beds are rock hard. A pillow top would be much more comfortable, and luxurious to go with the rest of the decor which is outstanding. The common areas were very smoky which makes for an unpleasant stay for a non-smoker; therefore it would seem upgrades to the ventilation system are in order. Breakfast buffet was very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. I'm not sure I'd stay here for full/weekend price. I stayed at another Reno resort for much less that was somewhat older and in need of updates, but the bed was more comfortable and it was substantially less.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Budget_Hotel_Family
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dining and our exceptional guest service. However, I am disappointed that we fell short in a few areas for you. I would like an opportunity to obtain more information regarding your stay. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Reno, Nevada, Usa
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We went there for a stay cation with our kids on the day before Thanksgiving. It was great! Our room was great (we got a dolphin tower room). Nice queen size beds, great bedding, big bathroom. We travel frequently and I was quite surprised to see such quality here in Reno. :-) We used the pool on the third floor….very well organized and the indoor pool was actually warm!

Room Tip: If you're there to use the pool…ask for a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Casilde I
Thank you for your wonderful comments and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Daly City, California
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The reservation did not meet my expectation. But over all, it was really great and this is also because Sandra Smith at the front desk made my whole entire family happy and made our stay memorable. I was suppose to give you 4 star only but maybe when i come back ill give the reservation a second chance and also housekeeping deparrment need to inspect the bedding, we where in a non smoking connecting room but two of the bed sheet seems to have a hole from a cigarette burn. Forgot to let the front desk know when we check out. See you again Atlantis and hopefully to see your newly upgraded room.

Room Tip: To guarantee your room type request, you definetley DONT want to deal with the reservation. Please c...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa and recognizing our Team Member for their exceptional guest service. However, I am disappointed that your room wasn’t to your satisfaction. I would like an opportunity to obtain more information so I can investigate the issue. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.