“Overall evaluation”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff were very courteous and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The casino was a little bit confusing to find the desks which I needed a service, but it was not a significant issue on a trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and our guest service. For our guests’ convenience, we do have maps of our resort; however, it would be our pleasure to walk you to your destination. I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in the near future!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Room was large, clean and comfy. King bed and 2 easy chairs. Bath amenities top quality. Service at check in fast and friendly. Buffett and Manhatten Deli were excellent both in service and quality of food. Will be back and will recommend to friends

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for recommending Atlantis Casino Resort Spa to your friends and I look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I check in for my half hour facial at the desk and the hostess takes me on a brief tour of the spa and the rooms I can use. Then she shows me the women's dressing/relaxation room. The relaxation room was dim with soft light, lounging chairs (super soft and comfy) with magz to read, snacks, coffee, tea and water. Dressing area had all you need from body scrubs to lotions, conditioners, hairsprays, razors, make up remover towelettes, hair dryers, shampoo, disinfected brushes, etc.
I change into my bikini and put on my ever so soft robe and hang jn the lounge, waiting for my facial lady. She was super nice, very informative during the session, leaving me completely relaxed and wanting for more. Who knew a facial was just like a mini massage? My face felt so clean, my neck, scalp and shoulders super relaxed from the massage she applied.
Next, I visit the Brine inhalation room and the laconium lounge, all very unique and relaxing. But I felt so exhilarated yet at peace when I got into one of the jacuzzis in the private pool/ jacuzzi area. They had waterfalls, with changing peaceful lights from the ceiling. I sat on the ledge, right underneath one of them, I truly believed I was in Hawaii under some waterfall when I closed my eyes and just breathed. It was utterly pure heaven. I hung out there trying the other levels of hot jacuzzis but stayed in the first one which suited me the most.
I went back to the lounge later, read some magz, are snacks and just hung out. They close at 9, so literally, I was there till 8:45, taking full advantage of the facial and it's perks. Not bad for $45, since you get to enjoy the entire spa area! I highly recommend it to everyone. It's just so soothing and what my body and mind needed!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Minaozkan
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I truly appreciate you sharing your detailed review of your experience at Spa Atlantis. I am elated that your first facial was a memorable one and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at the Atlantis for a few nights. The service was terrible. I believe they think that the name will carry them.

Let me give some examples

1. When I checked in, there was literally ONE bellman on duty to bring my bags to my room. The hotel has over 1000 rooms!!! It took 45 minutes, and 3 phone calls to the front desk. This was especially troubling since my briefcase was one of the bags.

2. I complained about the service, and was finally connected "upstairs". The gentleman offered me a Free limo ride wherever I wanted to go. When I went downstairs, and requested the limo, I was told I was not a "premier member" or "club member" or something. I told them about my phone call -- they said, "what was the gentleman's name?" When I couldn't remember, they told me they were sorry, but wouldn't honor my request.

3. They wouldn't cash a check of mine - it was a PAY CHECK from the State of California. They looked at me like I was a criminal forger.

Things got so bad, I had to go to the Spa -- which by the way was excellent.

FOOD -- the food in the main part of the hotel was terrible. After the 2nd day, someone finally recommended a restaurant in the more distant part of the hotel, in the overpass that crosses the street. That was a good restaurant, but few workers in the hotel knew about it.

The rooms were, indeed very nice. They put me on the 8th floor, which is for "high rollers". I'm not a high roller, but I guess I was dressed well.

Anyway -- there are a lot of better places to stay in Reno.

Room Tip: Ask for the 8th floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Mark J

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. Although, I am pleased that you enjoyed our Spa and Oyster/Sushi Bar, I am disappointed that our service fell short in other areas. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Greatly appreciate that the Backery took the time to complete a special order cake. I wanted it to be for a very special occacion and the cake just completed the gift table. They took the time to make it just the way I wanted it. Offered options for things they could not offer and it still managed to turn out great. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing our Bakery for your special occasion and I hope you do so again in the near future!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had the most amazing meal and experience at the Atlantis Steak House. The decor was very modern and beautifully put together. We sat at a booth that was very roomy and comdfortable. Our waiter, Keith, was very helpful with my dietary needs (gluten free) as well as being extremely friendly and personable. The food was beyond amazing and presented with the up most care. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for recommending Atlantis Steakhouse and recognizing our Team Member for his exceptional guest service. I look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I just stayed at the Atlantis Casino Hotel during a business trip to the Reno area and found it to be very nice, clean, comfortable and an enjoyable place to stay. I stayed in a concierge level room, it was large, comfortable, had plenty of light (sometimes, especially at casinos, the rooms are so dark, you can hardly see during the day with the drapes open) and a nice big desk to work at. The concierge level has a club room which serves a nice continental breakfast in the morning with an assortment of coffees and juices and later in the evening hors d'oeuvres with a full bar. The concierge level staff was very friendly and happy to assist guests with any needs (reservations, recommendations, etc.). The hotel has many meeting rooms and nice convention facilities as well as a large casino and several restaurants. The hotel additionally has a large, well equipped gym and full spa facilities. If your headed to 'The Biggest Little City in the World', I would recommend staying at the Atlantis.

Room Tip: The concierge level rooms are nice, large, open and have excellent lighting. The concierge lounge i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for recommending Atlantis Casino Resort Spa to our fellow travelers. I am pleased that you had an opportunity to enjoy our Concierge Tower and all of its amenities. I look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!