“great vacations” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Honolulu, Hawaii, Usa
“great vacations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

wonderful hotel with endless amenities. Spa facilities first class.
restaurants (Napa bistro, atlantis steak house, Toucan charlie) top notch. staff at the tables are friendly and helpful to those unfamiliar gamblers.

Room Tip: super comfortable bed, large room, air a little dry.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your outstanding comments regarding your recent stay. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (992)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

4th year in a row going to Reno in July where I started my trip at the Atlantis Resort and Spa. Wonderful again, they keep impressing me each time I go. As usual I will try to provide a detail on the stay, unfortunately this stay was only 1 night - but we did alot in those few hours!
Check - In - A breeze, no more than 5 minutes waiting in line at noon time, and we were happy that our room was ready at that time as they had a convention checking out that day.
Room - Again got the one bedroom suite with separate living room with wet-bar. The newer furnishings that we experienced last year have worn very well and still appear to be new! Large jacuzzi in the bedroom area was just the ticket after a long day of travelling and night of fin in the casino! I am also very happy to report that the new bath ammenities are citrus scented as opposed to the old vanilla scented ammenties! Much better!!!
Dinner at Bistro Napa - Excellent - had the halibut special of the night and the fish was superbly prepared and flaky with pasta underneath. Highly reccommend the lobster escargot appetizer - lobster served like escargot in the little wells of butter - - - order extra bread for dipping! Service excellent and atmosphere was very nice.
Casino - I am always surprised that the Atlantis Casino always has the latest slot machines from the different slot companies. I recognize the company name but they always have machines i have never seen before. Then months later I will see the machines in Vegas or the local casino. I wonder if they are a testing ground for slot companies like WMS?
Bed - Soft comfortable and not overly dressed. (No big quilt since it is summer) Just slipped right in after my jacuzzi and fell asleep!
Breakfast Buffet - I know i have mentioned this before, I appreciate that they do not limit their breakfast buffet to just breakfast items! You can get a full salad bar, mexican food and asian food all at breakfast time!
Spa - Wow - the highlight of my July treks to Reno is visiting the Atalantis Spa. Superb service and an excellent place to just hang out to relax. This is the type of spa that you want to spend several hours in relaxing as opposed to others where you go in, get a treatment and leave. They have been rated top 10 by Spa Finder several years and it is well deserved.
Check - out - Another breeze, no wait no fuss!

I was dissappointed that my schedule in Reno this year only allowed my one night at the Atlantis, but alas that was it. A wonderful night it was - I highly reccommend the whole place - but please take some time to use the spa if you are a spa person!

Room Tip: I always upgrade to the 1 bedroom suite - a jacuzzi in the bedroom (big enough for two) is always a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kizchris
Thank you for selecting Atlantis Casino Resort Spa once again for your yearly trip to Reno. I appreciate you sharing your most detailed review and all your compliments. I hope your next trip allows more time to experience our 4 Diamond Resort!
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and had a night away from the kids. We enjoyed several hours of fun gambling. Atlantis has a good variety of machines. There was live music that was enjoyable. we had two good meals and the staff was very friendly. We later brought our children to the pool and they had a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

Room Tip: We had the suite with a jacuzzi and a view of the mountains.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your retreat. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Bay Area, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I needed to find the best hotel/casino for an anniversary stay with the wife and did my research before deciding on the Atlantis. We had never stayed at the Atlantis but it had plenty of good reviews and it looked like it would offer us the best stay and amenities at a reasonable price.

The room was outstanding; clean, nicely decorated, excellent air conditioning. The room was quiet; we never heard the other guests.The plumbing had good pressure and while some might not care about that sort of thing, for me it's the details that can make or break a place.

All of the staff we spoke to were polite, friendly and helpful. The casino itself was nice but it would benefit from a larger smoke-free area however, that is not unique to the Atlantis.

The restaurants we tried were good but the one that really stood out was the Bistro Napa. Most places in Reno claim to be "Award winning" and you can take that with a grain of salt but, the Bistro Napa can back it up. The wait staff were excellent. Welcoming, accommodating and attentive, they did everything they could to make sure our meal was an enjoyable one.

The chef and staff are doing wonderful things and my wife and I both agree that the meal we had at the Bistro Napa was one of the best we'd ever had anywhere.

That's saying a lot considering we live in the SF bay area where there are many fine dining opportunities.

Bottom line: We would love to stay at the Atlantis again. We will absolutely eat at the Bistro Napa again!

2 Thank Mr G
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa to celebrate your anniversary. I am elated that you and your wife had the most memorable experience and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend. People at the front desk were sort of ' don't care' and when we asked can we do late checkout, they flatly refused without even trying to look. Room was fine for the price. Food at the buffet was ok but desert was not fresh. Unlike other casino resorts in Nevada, it was somehow missing the energy and the warmth from management.

Room Tip: Rooms above 10th floor have good views all around.
1 Thank Animesh J
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I appreciate your feedback and am disappointed that we fell short in some areas. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Fantastic service. I felt like a King the whole weekend. Every member of the staff was attentive and helpful. You cannot ask for anything more in beautiful Reno.

The food at the hotel was surprisingly delicious. I think the hotel has the best restaurants in all of Reno.

Also, the spa exceeded my expectations. Just like the rest of the staff, the spa staff took care of my every need.

Room Tip: The higher the better, great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you sharing your phenomenal experience with our fellow travelers. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations throughout our resort. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my way from Germany to South Lake Tahoe. Came into Reno from SFO after midnight and just missed the last shuttle. All I needed was a good night sleep! Great stay! After check-in, I got into my room and enjoyed the amenities. Room was very quiet and I got the rest I needed before heading to South Lake Tahoe

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for traveling from Germany to visit Lake Tahoe and choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa as your stopover. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and had the relaxation you needed. I hope you return and visit Reno and experience what we have to offer!