“Great value / experience”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
SF
“Great value / experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Atlantis for two nights and had an amazing time. The casino floor and table games are all quite fun and the Bistro Napa and Atlantis Steakhouse both offer some amazing cuisines.

I'd highly recommend staying here if you're in Reno!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for recommending Atlantis Casino Resort Spa and sharing your excellent comments. I look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
Denver, Colorado, Usa
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent choice for first trip to Reno,Nv.
Great rooms that are clean and up to date.
Only draw back was the Casino area, as they allow smoking.
Close to airport so convenient to travel the short distance.
Top quality food in restaurants.
Enjoyed the stay even though the slots weren't friendly.

Room Tip: no refrigerators in room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your first trip to Reno. I am pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of our resort. For our guests’ convenience, we have 2 non smoking slot sections. One is located across of Java Coast and the other on the Sky Terrace by the Oyster and Sushi Bar. I hope you return very soon!
Rancho Corodva
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Everything outstanding except two items:
1. Your Bellhop/valet parking a checkout was terrible-had to wait almost an hour
2. had a great dinner @ your Steakhouse-one problem-paid in cash-and i was shorted $20 for my change. do not think it was the waiter--think it was the barman who handled it and was not checked by the waiter----they made good on the $20....but this has left a very uncomfortable feeling and when i am back will not pay cash for anything

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Although, I am delighted that majority of your stay was excellent; I am disappointed that we fell short in a few areas. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
San Jose, California, Usa
Reviewed July 29, 2013

As frequent visitors over many years to Atlantis Casino Resort in Reno we look forward to our reservations in the Concierge Tower. Because my wife is blind in one eye and I have had recent back surgeries, walking has become a challenge for both of us. The VIP check-in and Concierge Lounge continental breakfast are amenities we truly appreciate.

Imagine our disappointment last week when upon arrival at 2pm on a Tuesday that our expected reservations for the Concierge tower could not be accommodated because the rooms were “unavailable”. This is in spite of the fact that our reservations had been made months in advance!

After much discussion and effort, VIP Representative Samantha Fiotto went to bat for us and went out of her way to accommodate our needs and wishes. We don’t know what she had to do, but she was able to finally secure our needed rooms for my party on the 23rd floor within the first 5 rooms of the elevators to minimize the walking I would need to do whenever accessing or leaving our rooms which I do many times per day during my stays at the Atlantis.

The rooms were superb, clean, fresh-smelling, and overall just as luxurious as advertised. Five stars for VIP Representative Samantha Fiotto. Thanks so very much, Samantha!!

Allen M.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your phenomenal review and recognizing Samantha for going above and beyond to accommodate you. I appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!
Half Moon Bay, California, Usa
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We come up several times and always have a great time. Our grandkids love swimming in the pool and are cabable of staying in all day long. They love poolside service and we really enjoy our time with the kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your recent visit. I am pleased that you and your grandchildren thoroughly enjoyed our resort. I hope you return very soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Atlantis. We were in Reno for a convention and my husband found it very helpful that the Atlantis was right next door to the convention center. The rooms were nice and clean & there was a make up mirror in the bathroom which I always like to see. Their indoor and outdoor pools are really nice. I personally enjoyed the indoor pool, it was very pretty. But I don't think they hit 4 Diamond or 4 star status. First and foremost, their elevators are terrible. This is a big hotel and there was almost always a wait for an elevator. Several times I worried that the elevators would fail because they were so full with people packing themselves in because the wait was so long. Scary. Secondly, even though the rooms were kept nicely, I found myself chasing housekeeping one morning because there was no toilet paper. I also expect a well rated hotel to leave more than 2 sets of towels without having to ask every day. Silly things you kind of expect. Lastly & I don't know if I should include this in the hotel review, but while I had planned to try their well rated spa they refused to let me quickly tour the spa - they said they don't do tours during "business hours" which leaves me to wonder when they do. Since another friend had complained about them, I decided to take my $s to another spa in town.

1 Thank karen89178
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. However, I am disappointed that parts of your stay was less than satisfactory. Please know that we do offer tours of our spa either before we open or after closing when prearranged with our Spa Manager. This is to give our guests the most tranquil experience. I would like an opportunity to discuss your review with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Atlantis met all of our expectations. This was a last minute get away. The service from the bell staff to the valet, to the servers was excellent. Very friendly staff from the minute we arrived. The room was very clean, linens were well above average, fluffy towels, very nice soap and shampoo amenities. The bed was very comfortable and the down comforter was amazing! The comps on their club paradise card were numerous, and points accumulated could be used in any of the restaurants. The breakfast buffets served excellent food with a good selection. We happened to receive free Buffet vouchers for each day we stayed when we reserved with Travelocity!!!!
Now, a review of the spa.... Top notch, clean, beautifully decorated and very professional staff. I received one of the best massages there! The outdoor pool is a bit small, but the lounge chairs were very comfortable and every two to three chairs had an umbrella which could be put up as a shelter from the intense sun. You could order food service to be brought to you pool side. Nice they had an indoor pool which was family friendly! The casino area was very smoky. They did have a small non-smoking section but it held very few slot machines. As for favorite restaurants, the Purple Parrot had a wide selection and the food was very good. The Bistro Napa restaurant was most excellent and elegant. They served half priced appetizers from 4-6pm daily! Overall, an excellent hotel and will definitely return again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pam S
Thank you for sharing your detailed review of your recent stay at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. It was a pleasure reading all of your wonderful comments from our exceptional staff to top notch Spa and everything in between. However, I am disappointed that the smoke smell in the casino was overwhelming for you. Our Chief Engineer is investigating our air handling system. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!