“Family-friendly”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Folsom, California, Usa
“Family-friendly”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Love the indoor pool for all year-around enjoyment. Glad you keep the jacuzzi running all year also. Took my grandson to game room which did have games for three-year olds. Like the nonsmoking slot area.

One change I'd like to suggest is for the bathroom. The tub grab bar should be on the side wall (opposite of shower spiggot), not the back wall where you have to really lean in to grab it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your family’s visit to Reno. I am thrilled that all members of your family enjoyed all aspects of our resort. I appreciate your suggestion regarding grab bars in the bath tub. I will share this with our design team for consideration on future upgrades.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,102)
Fremont, California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and it was nice having ample pillows to choose from. Our room was on the 16th floor Atrium Tower. We had a great view of the city. When we went to breakfast the next day (8:00 am), our room was already made up when we got back (hour later). Talk about efficient housekeeping! Thanks, Atlantis, we will visit this hotel again in the future. Both breakfast and dinner buffets were yummy but the Friday night buffet was a bit pricey for the selection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognizing our housekeeping staff for their expeditious service. I am pleased that you will return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in the future and please know that we do offer discounts at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet and Grille based on your level as a Club Paradise Member.
Petaluma, California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were in Reno for a fencing meet at the Convention Center and booked a room through the fencing website. We were very pleased to find that there was a covered walkway over the street directly from the hotel to the convention center. We ate our way through the hotel restaurants, which are many and varied, and did not get into our car the whole weekend. Our room was on the 7th floor with two double beds (all that was available when we booked). We were disappointed to find that there was no refrigerator. The beds were too soft for us, but upon reading other reviews that seems to be a minority opinion. The pillows were down, which were not good for my allergies, especially since you have to walk through the smoky casino to get to the rooms. When we left I saw that we could have requested hypo allergenic pillows. I will know to do that next time. We paid $140 a night plus an $18.20 per night tax. I feel that this was a bit steep for the area, especially with breakfast not included, but we paid for the location.

Room Tip: No fridge in the basic rooms. You have to ask for hypo allergenic pillows.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your convention stay. I am thrilled that we had all of the amenities and facilities at hand so you did not need to venture off property. For your future visits, please know we do have refrigerators in the rooms on our Concierge and Luxury Towers as well as rooms on our Spa Floor. In addition, we accept requests in advance to have all feather items removed from your room prior to your arrival if needed for your allergies. I look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future!
Orange, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in tower 2 and we were very pleased with our room. It was much better than we expected. The rooms were furnished nicely with really comfy chairs and a very comfortable bed and great pillows. The casino was pretty large and had a good variety of games. They have a free shuttle from the airport which is very convenient. The staff is friendly and accommodating. We ate at Bistro Napa and I was unimpressed my steak was over cooked but my husband raved about his cioppino. He thought it was close to the best he has ever had. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool was closed for the season and the indoor pool was very lively. The hot tub was a good size and not too crowed. We went to the breakfast buffet and it was really good, we went at 10:00 and they were already putting out lunch items so it was more like a brunch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our room, casino, and pool to name a few. I am sorry that your dinner at Bistro Napa was less than satisfactory. I will share your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage so he can address it with the chefs. I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!
Arizona
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Atlantis on a few business trips. Unfortunately, my last trip on Feb 13th wasn't the best. Overall I would say Atlantis is nice...great spa, concierge tower rooms are comfortable. Although on this last trip, after I checked in, there was a HUGE disgusting stain on the chair in my room. I immediately had it removed but how they did not notice it is beyond me. On previous stays, I have gambled and the machines are quite tight. I have spent some time at the tables which are overall fun. Tobey is BY far the best dealer...friendly, helpful. My last trip, I sat down at a Pai Gow table and had the WORST, rudest dealer. I wish I could remember her name. There was a gentleman named James, who is clearly a regular there as I had encountered him on my previous visit. He is harmless, but very particular about his gambling and superstitions etc..this dealer had NO patience with him at all. She was more than rude to him and all of the other players at the table. Although I was on a winning streak, I got up and left the table because she was so awful. She complained to the pit boss about James, which we would all overhear. She snapped at me when I asked her a question. That was a first for me in any casino. Just completely unprofessional and made for a bad environment. So, on my next trip to Reno, unfortunately I will not be staying at Atlantis and will try another hotel. I hope Atlantis spends more time teaching their casino staff about customer service. I also recall a casino server being extremely rude as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback as your comments are important to us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Spa. However, I am very disappointed to hear about the areas we fell short. This is not the level of service we are accustomed to providing our guests. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you so we can appropriately address these issues. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel, the rooms are very clean and nice. The sheets are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is amazing, especially this one employee, her name is Eden Moore, I asked her for directions, she didn't just point me to the direction, she walked me to where I needed to be. I ate at the sushi bar, the food is delicious and the view on the sky terrace is really nice. All I can say is this the place to be in Reno. Not only the staff Is friendly, all of their payers are nice. As for the gambling, I haven't won very often everywhere else, but I have been very lucky with my winnings whenever I gamble here. I tell all my friends about this place... Highly recommended!! :)

Room Tip: Atrium tower has nice rooms, Dolphin is simple and worth the price.
1 Thank TinaR617
Thank you for denoting Atlantis Casino Resort Spa as the best in Reno and for recommending us to all on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you recognizing Eden and the exceptional guest service she provided. I will share your comments with her and the management staff. I look forward to serving you again very soon!
Houston, Texas, Usa
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Can't say enough about the great service we received at the Atlantis. We will be staying here again in the future. Everyone was very professional and made us feel very welcomed. We will be recommending the Atlantis to our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for recommending Atlantis Casino Resort Spa and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!