“Fresh”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I wanted to stay a night and check Atlantis out because I have booked a week of training there for 30 people this spring. The hotel staff are very friendly and I used Valet. The room has been recently redecorated and was fresh and clean. There's a nice fluffy area rug in the bathroom, a scale (!) and nice toiletries.

My personal acid test about any room is the quality of bed and linens and both passed with flying colors.

A fridge would be helpful. I had to put a napkin in the vent because a fin was vibrating, and I could hear the phone ringing next door as well as people in the hall, doors closing etc, but over all, it was fairly quiet.

Bring your own bottled water as the tap water is heavily chlorinated and not something you want to make coffee or tea with (which were nice in room amenties) or drink at all.

The price was $120 on a Friday night, kind of spendy for a gambling town, but I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. For your future visits, please know we do have refrigerators in the rooms on our Concierge and Luxury Towers as well as rooms on our Spa Floor. Also, we offer room discounts depending on your Club Paradise level. I hope you have a chance to visit Spa Atlantis for some self rejuvenation on your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,014)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have been staying at the Atlantis 3-4 times a year for the last 10 years and it just gets better and better. Our last trip was just before Christmas and the hotel was beautifully decorated. While I'm an avid gambler and my husband an avid golfer, we usually plan our Atlantis trips to occur during warmer months, but we couldn’t pass up the invitation to dine with our friends at the Rombauer Winemaker Dinner - it was magnificent. I started the day with a Swedish massage in their “don’t-want-to-leave/I-could-stay-here-all-day” spa, followed by a facial and then over to the salon for makeup - talk about being pampered - ooh la la! Without a doubt, Atlantis is our all-time favorite. From check-in to check-out we were showered with exceptional service. All personnel seemed to go out of their way to accommodate our stay. Our room in the Concierge Tower was impeccably clean, very modern, quite inviting and extremely comfortable. I loved the steam shower. During our stay we had fabulous and tasty seafood at the Sky Terrace; killer steak and delicious sea bass at the Steakhouse (which also has the best lobster bisque ever); and excellent tapas at Bistro Napa (unbelievably amazing happy hour menu and prices - I would eat here daily if I lived in the area.)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you sharing your memorable experience of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa on Trip Advisor. It was a great pleasure reading about all of the areas we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Atlantis has everything you could want in a Resort hotel. The dinner at the Steakhouse is the best, and reasonably priced for excellent quality and service, plan on $50 a person with a drink. I recommend the Filet or the Steak Dianne (cooked table side).

But at check in, be sure to note the fine print that says "each room will get a $12 resort fee added to the room rate". That make the difference from being a good deal for a room and not so good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay and recommending dining options from Atlantis Steakhouse. For your future reference, the resort fee we charge provides a variety of services and amenities including access to our Cardio Theater and Fitness Center, in-room wired or wireless high-speed Internet, and valet parking to name a few. I look forward to your return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm so glad that my family & I stayed at the Atlantis Casino & Resort. Everything was perfect.

I was thrilled to have made a wise decision to stay at Atlantis after visiting the downtown Circus Circus area of Reno. You don't want to stay in the downtown area if you have small kids.

My kiddos loved the game room and indoor pool @ Atlantis (minus the night someone allowed their child to swim too soon after eating) vomit in the pool was so disgusting. Atlantis staff did take immediate action to get the pool cleaned.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your family’s visit. I am pleased that your children enjoyed our Fun Center and indoor pool. I hope you return in the near future!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at several Reno properties and have found Atlantis as most customer centric. The rooms were very nice . Everyone was courteous and sincerre from check in to checkout. The facility and restaurants were excellent. It is a pleasure staying there. Gary

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, Gary, for sharing your experience with our travelers on Trip Advisor. Guest service is our highest priority and I am thrilled it showed. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We normally do Vegas when we need a gambling fix but tried Reno this trip and booked two nights at the Atlantis. The rooms were clean and nice... not the Palazzo, but still nice rooms with comfortable beds, good TV, fridge, etc. The doors in the hall made a little more noise then most which was OK until 3:00AM when my neighbor made several high speed trips in and out???

The hotel and casino staff were just great. Ask directions they would walk with you to wherever you were headed. Friendly dealers who remembered and used our first names.The buffet was good but be aware the buffet closes for a bit during the day to shift from lunch to dinner, which screwed up our late lunch plans one day.

On the recommendation of a pit boss we ate at the steakhouse our first night. Very nice place. We were a little underdressed but still made to feel welcome. The staff was great, friendly and attentive without going too far. The filet was one of my lifetime top 5 steaks. A great cut of meat, very well presented and PERFECTLY COOKED (1/2 WAY BETWEEN MEDIUM RARE AND MEDIUM) just as ordered!!! AAA+++ Good enough that we scrapped plans to dine off the property at a resturant recommended by friends and went back the second night for an equally great meal.

The Concierge level was a bust. Mornings: Muffins and bad coffee in a small room packed full of kids and adults piling plates high with sugary treats and running in circles. Afternoon was something deep fried, not quite sure what and $15.00 for a glass of Champagne and a beer that are free 23 floors below on the ground floor. Not what we are used to in LV.

All in all we had a good time would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am pleased that your overall stay with us was to your satisfaction. It gives me great pleasure to read about your phenomenal dining at Atlantis Steakhouse and the exceptional service you received. However, I am disappointed that our Concierge Lounge was less than satisfactory. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Atlantis several times and have always had a good experience. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and very nice for the price. The buffet is excellent. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

I am thrilled that we consistently exceed your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!