“It was just okay”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 5, 2013

They did let us check in early, which was a huge BONUS for me after a rough flight. Front desk was friendly and nice. Room was on 12th floor and nice views of Mountains. Bed was comfortable and tv was nice. Bathroom was average. The casino it's self was much older than i imagined. And like other reports smokey, but it's a casino so i expected that. They did have a non-smoking area which i appreciated. I wished for friendlier bartenders, each one was ruder than the last and we spent money at hotel, restaurants and slots, no reason not to get a free drink here or there. We opted for breakfast buffet included in our hotel package but they didn't open till 8 am so we had breakfast at purple parrot twice, staff was friendly and food was good. I recommend bacon waffle or the Hamburger. I really enjoyed the game of LIFE slot, super fun! I felt like the bar staff were all angry, and not enjoying their jobs at all. We tip well and they all seemed to have a chip on their shoulders. Besides that good time was had.

Room Tip: get a view of the mountains if you can
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hikingqueen
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that we were able to check you in early so you could relax after your flight. Providing exceptional guest service is our highest priority and I am disappointed to hear that one department was lacking. I would like an opportunity to discuss this in detail with you so we can address the appropriate staff members. . At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,057)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Room was immaculate like a home from home. Loved the indoor pool. Had the breakfast buffet which was good value. Can't find any negatives about this hotel, would love to return to Reno one day and will choose the Atlantis again

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jus1969

Thank you for your amazing comments and I look forward to having you as our guest very soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I was only here for a night but the room/value is very good. The rooms are ample and very comfortable. I stayed on s Friday night yet it wasn't loud at all. This is a great choice. Also I ate a two different restaurants, both were really good.

• Stayed: March 2013
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for sharing your pictures. I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in the near future!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visit Reno regularly and the Atlantis is our favorite destination. The rooms are nicely furnished, and the beds are comfortable. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and the restaurants are first class. We particularly enjoy the Bistro Napa Lounge Social Hour 1/2 price menu, and the Deli has great corned beef sandwiches. We always look forward to the large selection of the latest penny slots.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your loyalty and denoting Atlantis Casino Resort Spa as your favorite Reno destination. I am elated that you enjoyed your room and our restaurants. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, recently escaped from our Minnesota winter to get some sun in the south. After spending a few days in San Francisco, we drove the approximately 4 hour (beautiful) drive to Reno, and checked into the Atlantis. We had reserved the Dolphin Tower, but upon arrival had been upgraded to the Luxury Tower, 7th floor. (I had made the reservations online and requested an upgrade to rooms with nice mountain views, if possible). The room was stunning. The colors, quality of furnishings, tile floor in bathroom...we couldn't have been more pleased. Plus we had a nice view, as requested. The bed was heavenly. Plus the room had everything we needed to make our stay complete - mini fridge, coffeemaker, great shower, flat screen tv...the bathroom scale was a surprise but being on vacation I made sure to ignore that! Our friends had a slight smokey smell in their room that seemed to come and go, but we did not have that in our room. The food at the buffet was the best we have ever experienced. Absolutely delicious, fresh, great variety, and didn't taste at all like buffet food. We were also pleasantly surprised by how quickly the points built up on our players cards, and we were able to pick up some nice souveniers from the gift shop before we left just by playing some slots a couple hours. The only thing we were disappointed in was the fact that guests did not have access to the fitness center unless they paid for using the spa. My husband went swimming each day and only saw one person in the fitness center the entire time. Also, the spa personnel were not friendly - always "busy" on the phone or talking when he would come to get a towel. Had they been more friendly, we might have considered paying for a day at the spa. With that exception being made, everyone else was friendly, the hotel was immaculately clean and we enjoyed the fresh water with fruit floating in it each morning by the hotel entrance. We were there the week of Valentine's Day and still payed a very reasonably price for this great hotel! Oh, and free valet parking! Would love to return some day.

Room Tip: The elevator to the luxury tower is just a few steps from the hotel front desk. Our room was an eas...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am elated that you drove to Reno and decided to celebrate Valentine’s with us. I very much enjoyed reading your wonderful comments regarding our rooms and restaurants. I am, however, sorry for your experience with our Spa Attendant staff. Please know that access to the fitness center is included in the resort fee; thus, there is not an additional fee to use the facilities. I am disappointed that you were not made aware of this. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you so I can address the appropriate staff members. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recieved an invitation for a Valentines Getaway from the Atlantis.My husband died 3 years ago. I scheduled my getaway to coincide with our wedding anniversary. The wonderful accomodations, excellent food, friendly helpful staff and great gaming options made my stay easy and fun. I was thrilled to receive a box of Godiva Chocolates tied with a white ribbon with a stirling silver heart charm attached. It felt like a got a gift from my guy on our special day. It was a memorable experience. Everything was first class.
Thanks from a very happy guest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sue H

It was a pleasure reading your review of your stay on Valentine’s Day. I am very pleased that we were able to make this occasion a very special one for you. I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently spent four days at the Atlantis in Reno....We had a great time lots of super food in Steak House, Bistro Napa (especially exceptional service) and the other restaurants. as well..The Atlantis always goes the extra mile as a property to be very clean and the staff is always accomodating....we especially enjoy our time in the Keno Louge with Sue Chau and her crew...Keno is fun .....try it !!!!.......If you don't know how to play the crew is great they will help you. .Thank you all...we will be back again soon......Ben & Sharon

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you, Ben and Sharon, for sharing your fabulous experience with our fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. Guest service is our highest priority and it gives me great pleasure to hear that it shows. I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!