“Always a pleasure staying at the Atlantis”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visit Reno regularly and the Atlantis is our favorite destination. The rooms are nicely furnished, and the beds are comfortable. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and the restaurants are first class. We particularly enjoy the Bistro Napa Lounge Social Hour 1/2 price menu, and the Deli has great corned beef sandwiches. We always look forward to the large selection of the latest penny slots.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty and denoting Atlantis Casino Resort Spa as your favorite Reno destination. I am elated that you enjoyed your room and our restaurants. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,103)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, recently escaped from our Minnesota winter to get some sun in the south. After spending a few days in San Francisco, we drove the approximately 4 hour (beautiful) drive to Reno, and checked into the Atlantis. We had reserved the Dolphin Tower, but upon arrival had been upgraded to the Luxury Tower, 7th floor. (I had made the reservations online and requested an upgrade to rooms with nice mountain views, if possible). The room was stunning. The colors, quality of furnishings, tile floor in bathroom...we couldn't have been more pleased. Plus we had a nice view, as requested. The bed was heavenly. Plus the room had everything we needed to make our stay complete - mini fridge, coffeemaker, great shower, flat screen tv...the bathroom scale was a surprise but being on vacation I made sure to ignore that! Our friends had a slight smokey smell in their room that seemed to come and go, but we did not have that in our room. The food at the buffet was the best we have ever experienced. Absolutely delicious, fresh, great variety, and didn't taste at all like buffet food. We were also pleasantly surprised by how quickly the points built up on our players cards, and we were able to pick up some nice souveniers from the gift shop before we left just by playing some slots a couple hours. The only thing we were disappointed in was the fact that guests did not have access to the fitness center unless they paid for using the spa. My husband went swimming each day and only saw one person in the fitness center the entire time. Also, the spa personnel were not friendly - always "busy" on the phone or talking when he would come to get a towel. Had they been more friendly, we might have considered paying for a day at the spa. With that exception being made, everyone else was friendly, the hotel was immaculately clean and we enjoyed the fresh water with fruit floating in it each morning by the hotel entrance. We were there the week of Valentine's Day and still payed a very reasonably price for this great hotel! Oh, and free valet parking! Would love to return some day.

Room Tip: The elevator to the luxury tower is just a few steps from the hotel front desk. Our room was an eas...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am elated that you drove to Reno and decided to celebrate Valentine’s with us. I very much enjoyed reading your wonderful comments regarding our rooms and restaurants. I am, however, sorry for your experience with our Spa Attendant staff. Please know that access to the fitness center is included in the resort fee; thus, there is not an additional fee to use the facilities. I am disappointed that you were not made aware of this. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you so I can address the appropriate staff members. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recieved an invitation for a Valentines Getaway from the Atlantis.My husband died 3 years ago. I scheduled my getaway to coincide with our wedding anniversary. The wonderful accomodations, excellent food, friendly helpful staff and great gaming options made my stay easy and fun. I was thrilled to receive a box of Godiva Chocolates tied with a white ribbon with a stirling silver heart charm attached. It felt like a got a gift from my guy on our special day. It was a memorable experience. Everything was first class.
Thanks from a very happy guest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sue H

It was a pleasure reading your review of your stay on Valentine’s Day. I am very pleased that we were able to make this occasion a very special one for you. I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently spent four days at the Atlantis in Reno....We had a great time lots of super food in Steak House, Bistro Napa (especially exceptional service) and the other restaurants. as well..The Atlantis always goes the extra mile as a property to be very clean and the staff is always accomodating....we especially enjoy our time in the Keno Louge with Sue Chau and her crew...Keno is fun .....try it !!!!.......If you don't know how to play the crew is great they will help you. .Thank you all...we will be back again soon......Ben & Sharon

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you, Ben and Sharon, for sharing your fabulous experience with our fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. Guest service is our highest priority and it gives me great pleasure to hear that it shows. I hope you return to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I just spent the weekend here to celebrate our anniversary. Neither of us are big gamblers, and my wife is 7 months pregnant so she didn't want to spend any time in the casino. However, the spa here is the best within a 5 hour drive from our home. The service was excellent, rooms clean and quite. The spa it fantastic and made for a nice weekend. We had a great dinner here too, did some shopping and really enjoyed it without gambling any.

Room Tip: The spa level rooms are all on a non smoking level with a little different decor
1  Thank jerryj12

Congratulations on your recent anniversary and your upcoming new arrival! I am elated that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and especially the Spa. I look forward having your new family as our guests in the near future!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We love our stays at the Atlantis - the staff is great - very efficient and helpful. The rooms are lovely, even the older ones and often you get upgraded. The rooms are spotless and I am very fussy! Lots and lots of restaurants, from casual to fine dining. The buffet is awesome and the Manhatten deli is great for a quick bite - watch out the sandwiches are huge! If you join their club you get points which you can use anywhere in the casino. I am always anxious to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your continued patronage. I am thrilled that you always enjoy our rooms, restaurants, and gaming. I look forward to welcoming you back to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa very soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I picked this location for a stay-over for a meeting. Last time I stayed at the Peppermill which was okay. I was expecting a reasonable 4 star hotel that had some roughness. The Atlantis is exactly what I imagine Vegas was 30 years ago, in a bad way. I like my hotels and travel to different cities almost every day and this certainly falls into the "not so nice" category

First of all, the lobby area is tacky, smokey and unwelcoming. Looks like it has had no work in decades. Check in was fine, trying to find the elevators was interesting. You have to walk past a bunch of smoke areas to get there. The route to the rooms was nice from far but far from nice when you get close. The bathrooms are dated. I feel they tried to fancy it up a bit with nice bedding and support for electronics but they stopped short. To be fair I would say the room is a good as an average Sheraton. Great Bose sound do ok by the way!

All the restaurants that we walked to in the hotel looks tired. Food was okay..... But only okay. Service was outstanding which was nice. The bars and entertainment areas were very sad in every way. We planned to go down for a drink after dinner and turned around and went right back up stairs.

In summary... If you have to be in Reno, this is okay but I would suggest go somewhere else if you don't want to gamble.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Patrickrps

Your feedback is very important to us and I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. I am pleased that the exceptional guest service we strive to provide our guests was received; however, I am very sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.