“If you check in at night, be aware that your room may be given away”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Denver
“If you check in at night, be aware that your room may be given away”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I cannot comment on the room as our reserved (for many months) room was given away moments before we arrived even though we had called the front desk THREE TIMES over the course of the day to let them know we would be arriving, but that it would be late at night. The hotel was "sold out" so they sent us to another hotel which happened to be a downgrade from the room we had reserved. They were quite apologetic and compensated us with a voucher for one night, however even the voucher fell short of what they promised us. I contacted the hotel manager regarding the inconsistency in what they promised us and what they issued us, but received no response.

The hotel claims that they strive to provide exceptional service to their guests, however, they are a huge operation and the right hand obviously does not know what the left hand is doing. We were unimpressed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank morris3445
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent experience at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Once again, I am truly sorry for the way your reservation was handled. Please know that I have personally spoken to the staff member involved as this is not how we conduct business of this nature. I would like another opportunity to discuss this with you and answer any questions you may have. At your convenience, I can be reached via email at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
WA
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked a great deal through Southwest Vacations, and decided to get the concierge floor.  The main perk for this was a hosted suite that provided breakfast and evening hot hors d'oeuvres and drinks.  Comfortable tables and sofas, tv, newspapers, fantastic automated espresso machine.
We dined at Manhattan Deli where the sandwiches were huge and tasty, the Oyster Bar on the Sky Terrace, which seemed crowded but had a nice view and good seafood, the Purple Parrot for late night breakfast which was average with good service, and had our big blowout dinner at the Bistro Napa, where the waiter was a little too attentive and a little too snobbish, but the food was really delicious.  We also had a room service breakfast that was disappointing.  The Hollandise tasted weird, and the side of fruit was a slice of orange and 2 slices of strawberry.
I liked the indoor pool, which is in a huge soaring atrium.  The outdoor pool is a little sparse on plants but has many furniture groupings that are comfy.
The room was stylish and comfortable, but I was hoping the bathroom would have been more special.  It's not.  For some odd reason, none of the Jacuzzi rooms are in the concierge tower. Housekeeping was adequate, and there was a little weirdness when it was nearing checkout time and a group of them gathered outside our door talking and laughing loudly.  Guess they wanted us out of there.
I had a wonderful spa treatment with Shirley while my husband went golfing.  My 90 minute treatment was the special and included a reflexology segment.  According to Shirley, Nevada has some odd massage regulations, so don't expect much glute or chest work. It was worth every penny, and the spa has many interesting features.  There's a room with a waterfall/salt wall, one with a huge quartz crystal, and an outdoor area with 3 spas at different temps, a cold plunge, and an "experience" shower.  The shower was a kick- waterfall, thunderstorm, and cold fog.  I also had a pleasant pedi in the salon.
We enjoyed the casino, won enough the first night to give us hope for the rest of the time, which alas, was unfounded.  I did have a question for the Player's Club desk, and found them incompetent.  We were able to pay for much of our food with our points.
We had planned to check out the Peppermill and downtown during our visit, but ultimately were too comfortable to leave!
Check-in/out was unremarkable was efficient and unremarkable, which is a good thing.  The airport shuttle was too.
We had a great time, and look forward to visiting Atlantis again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the city, but next time we'll ask for a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for sharing your visit at Atlantis on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations. I appreciate your feedback regarding our Housekeeping Staff and your room service breakfast. I have met with the department heads and they are addressing it with their staff. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Arrived on August 20th for meetings and stayed at this property. Rooms are very clean with enough room to move around. The resort is large and there is something for everyone. I found the casino a little confusing to navigate and got turned around a few times.
The Atlantis steakhouse is excellent. My steak was done perfectly and was delicious. The hot towels before dinner were nice and the staff were attentive. On the last day, I ate at the buffet. The place is huge with food stations everywhere. It has everything you could want to eat and the food was very good. We had breakfast there. Sign up for a players card and you get 2 for 1 meals. Hey, it saves you 12.00!
I read that the casino tended to be smokey. I don't agree, I thought it was fine. There was one night when a couple guys figured they needed to fire up cigars and that was a little strong but overall, I didn't find it smokey at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
It was a pleasure reading your review. Our knowledgeable team members can also be found on the casino floor to assist you with any questions or directions. Thank you for choosing Atlantis and be sure to visit Spa Atlantis on your next trip to rejuvenate body and mind.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We've stayed at the Atlantis Resort in Reno before, but this time we were pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade (a suite, in fact, at no extra cost). The beds and pillows were very comfortable, and the linens were plush and soft. The staff at the front desk was gracious and courteous...we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thmar
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa on Trip Advisor. I hope we have the opportunity to continue surprising you as our guest in the future.
Auburn, California
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am a senior who travels alone and Atlantis is a great place for a senior to stay in Reno. When I fly into Reno, the hotel shuttle is right there at the airport to take me and my luggage back to the hotel. The hotel security is also very good. If I drive, there is plenty of free parking on the premises. The reservation clerks are friendly, upbeat, and always try to accommodate my requests for room type. There are several restaurants on the premises, but I usually go for the buffet served at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time. It has many types of good food selections for each meal. There are several places to shop within the casino area as well as a small store for snacks, gifts, and items you may have forgotten to bring with you. And the gambling, sometimes very good and sometimes not so kind!!!

Room Tip: State exactly what you need,i.e. - my spouse has difficulty walking, a room near an elevator if poss...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review of Atlantis. It is always so wonderful to hear of the impression our property makes on all the vast varieties of people who come to Atlantis. So thank you for offering a Seniors perspective of our property and what we have to offer and I’m sorry our gambling can be “not so kind” at times, I do hope that does not put a damper on what seem like some very positive getaways here at Atlantis. I do hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Atlantis in the future.
Gerlach, Nevada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Atlantis this past weekend. Check in went very smoothly. Our room was clean and spacious. And quiet. We had fun in the casino. We ate at the Sushi Bar for the first time. Will go back when we get a chance. Very good. Great service, too.

Room Tip: We booked on line and there was a deal where if you add $10 to the price of the room you get two bre...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I am happy to have read that you had such a wonderful time on your recent visit to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future, thank you.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am a local golfer and like to stay inReno for my golf tournaments. Upon arrival on my recent stay, the front desk upgraded me to a spa room! What an awesome surprise. The room was so spacious and absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait for my next stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Katkennady
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your recent golf tournament. I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed our luxury spa rooms. In the future, you may visit our website where we offer variety of golf packages. I hope you return to Paradise very soon!