“Top of the line”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 26, 2012

If you want a great room, superior service and friendly staff then you have to stay at Atlantis in Reno. This was our third stay and I can't say enough good about this place. The rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable. The service was top of the line. It is about 2 miles south of the busy downtown area and that makes it much more desirable in my opinion. The pool, both indoor and out, were a nice relaxing place to go. The slots were fairly loose and lots of pormos. You could stay in the hotel and have everything you need if you wanted. They have complete beauty and spa services offered. The different places to eat were wonderful, all portions were huge! Prices for food not any more than in the places down the street and you get quality food and drink. This is a place for families as well as adults. They have a arcade on the second floor just for the kids, even a snack bar with hotdogs. I rates are very reasonable if you just shop around. Go to their website and sign up, you will get special room rates in the mail. I have seen some for as low as $29/night. If you are going to Reno give this place a try. I promise you will not be sorry!

Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank your for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am thrilled that you’ve returned time again to enjoy our world-class resort destination. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit very soon!

There are newer reviews for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Atlantis Casino Hotel in Reno is a great play to stay apart from the smokey atmosphere of the casino. Oh how I wish that casinos would become non-smoking establishments. The rooms are always spotlessly clean, very comfortable and now they offer free wi-fi. The buffet restaurant is the best in Reno and the pool is very enjoyabe except that they have no locker rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I truly appreciate you giving Atlantis Casino Resort Spa an “Excellent” rating on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and award winning buffet. Our indoor and outdoor pool is exclusively for our hotel and spa guests. In addition, we do offer locker rooms for guests utilizing the spa. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Where to start? We've stayed here in the past & will continue to do so. Kiana takes care of all our needs, she makes "things" happen, THANK YOU KIANA. This was our first trip since the remodel, OMG, we had the most beautiful room, huge, comfortable bed, hot tub, huge TV in the room + a smaller one in the bathroom. Talk about being spoiled. We ate at the Manhattan Deli & split a sandwich because we knew they are HUGE, then another visit husband had a shrimp louie which held huge shrimp & I had 1/2 chicken salad sandwich & salad, yum yum. Purple Parrot for delicious prime rib & Nancy was so sweet by running to a different restaurant to get me hot horse radish, now that's giving 150%. Husband had 1/2 dozen oysters one evening at the Oyster Bar & we had to go back the next evening so he could get a dozen, they were presented on a cold metal plate & were so tender & I had deep fried shrimp, they were so meaty, not a lot of batter just good ole shrimp meat. We want to try Cafe Alfresco next time. Now the spa, ahhhhhhhh, the spa. It's one of the best I've ever been to & I have been to a lot. I always ask for a certain lady who I will not disclose her name as she's booked when I need her. Yes I'm selfish. There's different rooms to relax. There's hot tub, warm tub, cold plunge, four different season shower in the back. The herbal room is wonderful. I go to the spa two hours prior to my massage & the time goes by so fast just relaxing. I just can't say enough about the Atlantis & their staff. We will only stay at the Atlantis.

Room Tip: We had a room half way down the hall, huge room, lots of extras & with our key we were able to g...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing your phenomenal experience with our fellow travelers. It was a pleasure reading your comments and I am delighted that our staff went above and beyond for you. I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had issues with our RV while passing through Reno in the 100+F heat so were looking through the myriad of hotels in Reno to find one that had a pool that so that could all cool off. We picked the Atlantis and it turned out to be a great choice.

The parking was great, even for a 40ft vehicle, and they have a huge lot across the street that easily accommodated us. The line for check-in looked really long but they were extremely efficient getting people in and when we got to the desk we found we had accidentally booked a king instead of two queens. They took care of this with no fuss.

The hotel is very clean and the rooms were a good size. They have two pool areas, one indoors and one outside, with drink and food service. The younger kids had a great time in the pool while the teenagers found the video game center on the 2nd floor.

The hotel is very near a large shopping mall with lots of stores, including a Walmart for those that may be travelling without swimwear, and a load of places to eat. We ended up taking a short walk to the nearby Olive Garden and across the street was a Claim Jumper and the ubiquitous Applebees.

An unexpected stop on our trip home but very enjoyable.

Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for selecting Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your unforeseen stop in Reno. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed all aspects of our property. After your wonderful experience, I hope to see you and your family very soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I visit Reno on a regular basis. At least 1-2 times monthly for the past 5-6 years now. Mostly for pleasure but sometimes business. I tend to stay at the Atlantis. The staff at the front desk is always friendly and helpful. Anytime there has been a problem it has been taken care of immediately. I have read some of the reviews and some of the complaints are trivial. The food is great and I've eaten at everyone of the restaurants there! The wait staff is great. Maybe because I've stayed there enough they know me by name. I have stayed at other places but nothing compares to the Atlantis' service, food and location.

Room Tip: If size of the room matters, ask for one near the elevators on the south side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank doug c
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

I truly appreciate you denoting Atlantis Casino Resort Spa as the “Best in Reno”. I am very pleased that you always receive the exceptional guest service we strive to provide our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

In October when we drive to our winter home in Las Vegas we always stop at the Atlantis and in June when we return to Seattle we stay at the Atlantis. Each time we really enjoy our stay. The rooms are always very nice the food great and the gaming sometimes good sometimes just OK. The staff is represents the Hotel well. See you in October.

Gene & Wynonna Haisch

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Haisch, for always choosing Atlantis Casino Resort Spa when passing through Reno to go to your summer and winter homes. I look forward to welcoming you back in October!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a nice hotel. The room was clean and comfortable (and plenty large). The price was excellent. The location is not great, in my opinion. It is about 2 or 3 miles south of downtown and is relatively isolated (you are surrounded by busy streets). Don't plan on walking to a restaurant with a patio or anything. Unless you eat at the hotel, you will drive. Parking was a pain later in the evening as there was an event at the adjacent arena and the lot was full. We had never been to Reno before, and we were just passing through, but we would probably stay downtown next time. There is a fun whitewater course that goes through downtown and there are numerous restaurants and park areas. Anyway, the room is nice, the service was good, and the price was good. Think carefully about the location. If you plan to stay at the casino and play there and eat there, this is a fine choice.