“Nice hotel but...”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Alamitos, California
“Nice hotel but...”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Just returned. As everyone mentioned, hotel is very modern, rooms were large and beds were comfortable. Check-in was easy and room was ready in advance. Both pools were extremely nice and had abundant seating. My friends were hoping for an adults only jacuzzi since there were several kids in it but since I have a child, this did not bother me.

What did bother me was the restaurant service. We ate at the Manhattan Deli on the night of Memorial day. Extremely busy and inadequately staffed. There was 1 employee taking orders via phone, take out counter, and passing out the take out counter. After placing my order, I was told it would be 15 min (only ordered soup) time passed..and passed..till I finally discovered that my food was distributed to someone else. Went to complain and request new soup only to be told to "wait" and wait and wait.. Finally, my food was arrived and was given to me for free.

The next night I ate at the Italian Bistro and once again the service wasn't up to my standards. I had to wait at least 15 minutes before being acknowledged and my meal was complete (only ordered cup soup/individual pizza) before seeing server again to request refill of water.

I was told that this hotel had the best service. My comment is this "IF this is the best service, I would hate to see what the other hotels offer."

Will choose not to stay at the hotel again and choose the Peppermill instead.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ptamom1967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2012

What a nice experience! Check in was a breeze, then I was whisked away to my spa suite. The room was well layed out, perfect for company while keeping the bedroom separate. The bathtub or should I say a small pool, was very large and enjoyable. The bathroom was large and well layed out as well. The bed was very comfy and came with a rain stick! I loved the decorations, everything invited a calm peaceful state. I would definitely return and can't wait to get my massage later today!

Room Tip: Spa Suites are amazing and soooooooo relaxing! You can't loose!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel and casino provides nice rooms, plenty of places to eat (8 restaurants) and swimming pool and spa. It's an hours walk from downtown Reno or 5 minutes in the car which is a draw back if you want to see some of old Reno.

Room Tip: The higher the rooms the better the views of the mountains
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 186400Caroline
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
I am pleased that you enjoyed our guest rooms, restaurants, and Spa to name a few. Another option to get to downtown Reno is to take the Rapid bus transportation. The bus picks up every 10 minutes across the street from our property. Our concierge desk will be happy to assist you with further information.
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I signed up to allow the Atlantis to track my gaming a few years back. First, they start sending me room offers for free rooms, next thing which just happened is I get a nice handwritten note from a beautiful hostess in VIP services offering a jacuzzi suite and free tickets to the Pointer Sisters. Of course, I accepted, and what a wonderful welcome awaited. All the staff in VIP services are exceptionally friendly, professional, and helpful. They were very attentive and made me feel very much at home. The suite was beautifully appointed, very spacious, large flat screen in suite, and smaller flatscreen in the bat. hroom! Live it up in the huge tile shower, after a plunge in the suite's hot tub, which boasted a spectacular view of Reno, and the surrounding mountains. Down on the casino floor, dealers were all friendly and smiling, offering their games to passers-by. All in all, a very down to earth group of sincerely nice people, that show genuine appreciation for me being a guest. When visitng Reno, one has many choices where to stay. Only a few really stand out from the crowd. Atlantis is one of them. Thanks, Atlantis. Rog

Room Tip: When the dealers ask you if you have a player's card, by all means, sign up for it! You'll b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rOgdives_7
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that the exceptional guest service we strive to provide our guests is received time after time. You are correct in that there are many properties to choose from while in Reno, and I am pleased that Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is one of your top picks. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Hotel rooms are very modern and cozy. Spend a little bit extra and stay in luxury tower. Pool and fitness center are impressive. They have a pool inside and out. Service from front desk could've been better. Housekeeping was behind so I still did not have a room at 6 pm. I hung out at their pool area and I tried calling front desk to see if my room was ready. Unfortunately, my two calls ended up being placed on hold and no one ever came back to answer. Called the bell desk for my luggage and they got to my room in less than 5 minutes. Casino is pretty busy, but I just tried to avoid at all costs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I am pleased that you enjoyed our Luxury Tower rooms, pool, and Front Desk service. However, I am sorry for the delay in checking into your room. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sacramento
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Check in was easy, no wait at all, room was really nice, tastefully decorated, nice flat screen TV. Bed was very comfortable, HVAC was quiet and efficient.Bathroom was clean, everything worked well. Only thing I would like in the room that wasn't there would be real coffee cups and real water classes versus the plastic cups provided. Pretty minor complaint.

It is a a Nevada Casino property so smoking is allowed, but Atlantis is worse than most high end casino hotels in regards to smell of smoke.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room. I appreciate your suggestion of coffee cups and water glasses in the room. We will take that into consideration in our future redesigning. I am sorry for the inconvenience your experienced in regards to the smoke smell. At your convenience, I would like to discuss the areas where it was most affected so our Chief Engineer can investigate. I can be reached at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantis this week in a jacuzzi suite with a beautiful view. The bed was very comfortable and the decor in the room was beautiful and it was quiet. We loved having a small frig in the room too. The restaurants at the Atlantis are superb. We were very impressed with the menu and delicious dinners we had at the Steakhouse, the Bistro, and Cafe Alfresco. The spa is state of the art and was the best I've ever experienced. The ambience around the pool area was relaxing and beautiful. The pool patio furniture was so high end we felt like we were at a private home. This hotel is 10 minutes from the airport with free shuttle service. Yet we never once heard airport traffic noise from our room.

Room Tip: I recommend the Tower.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share the highlights of your visit to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am pleased that you had a wonderful experience and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.