“Excellent time and service”

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Excellent time and service”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Experience started with a free shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel. Considering it was 11am, I thought we may have to wait for a room, but our room was ready to go. We upgraded to the concierge tower. Semi-private elevators lead us to our 25th floor room after a quick and efficient check in. Our room had descent views of the mountain range and a strip mall. Comfortable beds, flat screens, TV in the bathroom, roomy closet space. Concierge tower was excellent, the stay includes access to the concierge lounge, where they offered complimentary snacks/coffee/newspapers and internet access, which all was great and great service! Our trip included a day at the spa, which was beyond what I expected! They have a variety of rooms to enjoy, sauna and steam room, and the services were excellent.
Paula was my masseuse, she was pleasant and made sure I was comfortable. I would definetly go back to the spa. We happen to be there on a Monday, so maybe that's why it wasn't crowded, which made it more comfortable and it didn't feel like you had to rush.
Another thing I was surprised about was the food selection. They have a wide range of restaurant options and price options. Bistro Napa by far was the best experience! Great service, great food, found my new favorite onion soup! Unexpected and delicious!
Only complain, housekeeping may need a bit of retraining, who doesn't pick up used glasses and trash? Other than that, the stay was comfortable, relaxing and fun.

Room Tip: Concierge tower is awesome, they offer access to the concierge lounge, it has semi-private elevators...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy G
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
It was a pleasure reading your wonderful experience throughout our property from the room, Concierge Lounge, Spa, and Bistro Napa. I also appreciate your feedback on our Housekeeping department. I have shared this information with the Executive Housekeeper so he can address it immediately with the staff. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I just got back from an absolutely fabulous 4-night stay at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. My husband and I used the resort as a launching pad for Lake Tahoe area skiing. We were able to mix skiing with fine dining at the resort, shopping and even a visit to an art museum in downtown Reno.

We were amazed by the resort's many and varied restaurants -- all with great food. Typically we are ready to come home after such a trip, but neither one of us wanted to leave. We felt comfortable, pampered and "at home" at the Atlantis. Friendly staff and clientele. The spa is to die for! We even had our first "couples massage!"

Room Tip: Get a room in the Concierge Tower: free breakfast and afternoon appetizers. Met lots of nice travele...
Park City, Utah
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Liked this hotel very much. I travel through Reno regularly and I hadn't stayed at the Atlantis for a few years. Loved the changes with a very classy hotel feel with the deep browns and modern style all the while in a casino. We ate at the Bistro Napa and had great food and wine as well as top rate service.

Definitely coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for the “Excellent” rating on your recent stay. I am thrilled that you are pleased with our newly redesigned guest rooms as well as your dining experience at Bistro Napa. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Sunday night and we weren't sure where we planned on stopping for the evening. The Tahoo/Truckee area was beginning to receive some inclement weather. So, we headed east to.....RENO!!! With no plans and no reservations I pricelined the area and had a couple of reasonably priced options that weren't the run of the mill travel pit stops. Atlantis was decided upon and it was definitely worth what we paid for it, which I am sure was far below what they charge for a Fri/Sat stay. We walked in and were instantly assaulted by the ever present odor of cigarette smoke, both old and new. Hey, its a casino. It's in Reno, so expected and easy to deal with. Check in was quick and simple. The room was clean and nicely appointed. It more than satisfied for the evening we were going to be there. We ate downstairs at one of the restaurants. Our gambling experience was much more fruitful than our food, but service was good. I would definitely stay here again if for some reason I was ever in Reno and the rates were in the right range.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I have informed the Chief Engineer your comment on the cigarette smoke so he can investigate the air quality in the entry areas. On a positive note, I am pleased that you chose Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your impromptu visit to Reno and that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Checked out the buffet and it was pretty good overall. The service was excellent, but just pretty good on the food. I guess you can't ask too much for a buffet.

Room Tip: Get you players card before you start paying for food and drinks.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for visiting Toucan Charlie’s Buffet & Grille last month. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal. However, I would like to hear your suggestions on making our buffet the best. At your convenience, you may contact me directly at contact@atlantiscasino.com. On your next trip, I hope you get to experience our additional dining options such as Atlantis Steakhouse, Bistro Napa, and Café Alfresco to name a few.
Coraopolis, PA
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This was our first stay at the Atlantis in Reno. The staff was wonderful, friendly and very accomodating. The food at the buffet was delicious as was the food at the coffee shop, Mahattan Deli (pastrami sandwich was awesome) and the Purple Parrot (I recommend the hot Turkey sandwich). Their Player's Club was perhaps one of the best that I have come across. You can earn rewards easliy and usable comp points you can use during your stay. I was a little disappointed with the actual room. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows, a comfortable lounge chair. The lightening was too dim even with all of the lamps on and I guess I expected the furniture to be a bit better than the kind you can put together at home. We had requested a handicapped room and were a little surprised when we got off the elevator and the room was the very last one at the end of the hall. The grips in the tub and toilet area were smooth and if your hands are wet they slide on the bars, the sliding door to the bathroom was a little heavy to pull to close it and the floor tiles were a little slippery if your feet were wet or you just had socks on. The parking valets were great!!! We had left some essential items in the car and one of the valets offered to run out to the car and get them for us so we wouldn't have to go outside. Stellar service!!!! I would stay there again. I was disappointed that I was not able to try the spa . Mext time..

1 Thank lorelei08271959
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This casino/hotel/spa takes excellent care of its guests. Great food, really nice rooms, friendly service from all staff. I have stayed here many, many times and never had an issue. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Reno.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for continuing to select Atlantis Casino Resort Spa as your Reno destination. I am pleased that you have a wonderful experience each and every time. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!