“Not bad”

Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel wasn't bad. I stayed here for a few days and the only mistake I made was I stayed in a smoking room. The room compared to a non smoking room was night and day. And I'm not just talking about because of the smell. I would stay at this hotel when passing threw again. They have a restaurant inside the hotel which is nice and convenient. I would recommend this hotel, just don't stay in the smoking rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012
ramadareno, Manager at Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Ramada Reno for your recent trip to our area. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Reno.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel lobby smells so bad when you walk in; smells like smoke. We had a non-smoking room on the 12th floor, it smelled like smoke up there in the halls, etc.
We like the size of the room, the bed was very comfortable, the pillows too big.
The coffee pot where the water is held, had mold in it.
The hotel restaurant was very good and the waitresses very nice.
We like the location as we attend the Snaffle Bit Futurity at the Fairgrounds.
Poor lighting in the hall and bathroom; fan continually running when light on in bathroom was annoying.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in Reno. I am pleased to hear you liked your room, the bed was comfortable as well as the restaurant and its staff exceeding your expectations. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. I will also follow up with housekeeping regarding your coffee pot and the smoke smell as that is not what we want our guests to experience. I can appreciate your comments regarding the hall lighting as we have recently started addressing this and will check your bathroom light as well. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel wasn't as close to the downtown area as I would have liked, but that was my fault for not checking the location on a map. But after the first night, I was happy to be away from the noise.

The hotel was quiet, the room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Street Vibrations is truly one of the unique and amazing events that Reno hosts each summer. We look forward to it every year and appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel and that you had an enjoyable stay. Hope to see you next year.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I chose this hotel for the value and by prior stays at other Ramada hotels. On arrival the first thing you notice is the strong odor of smoke as the lobby connects directly to the casino which is on the premises. We were greeted by a well dressed young man who rapidly checked us in. The carpeting in the hallways and elevators was very old looking and stained in many places. My room was very small an had a very old looking TV but was fairly clean. The room faced East and the noise level was very high, due to the train going by all three nights I was there and the noise of the motorcycles that were there for an special event. My stay included a all you can eat breakfast buffet which was good as buffets go. Overall this Ramada could definitely use a face lift, but for the value on a special event week one can not go wrong, as I only used it to clean up & sleep. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback about your stay. I was happy to hear your arrival was quick and efficient and you enjoyed our breakfast buffet; however I apologize for the strong odor of smoke when you entered the hotel from our adjoining casino. We have installed a scent oil diffuser in the lobby to enhance our guests’ experience as it is very important our guests are comfortable throughout the hotel. I apologize for the noise but I am especially glad to hear you will be staying with us again as we are making on going changes to the hotel that I am sure you will be happy to see on your next visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a great place to stay when passing through. Easy to get in and out of, don't have to put up with all the pomp and circumstance of checking into one of the big casino properties. I always get a clean and proper room. It is probably the best deal in town if you book in advance.
This is not the best part of town but it's not as bad as other reviewers make it out to be. I have never had my vehicle tampered with. Sure, the locals in the casino can be quite "colorful" but it's nothing to be afraid of.

Room Tip: Awesome view of downtown if you get a room on the west side!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The room was a cut above the usual, nice bedding with a duvet etc. The cooling/ventilation system was nice and modern, and except for the bathroom fan, it was quiet. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, they seem to understand the hospitality part of the hospitality business. Great value for money, especially on Labor Day weekend, when it gets a little harder to find a deal, even in Reno.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Clean room. Coffee maker. Lots of outlets to charge phone, batteries, and run laptop computer, etc. Comfortable bed, comfortable chair that is easy to adjust height. Lots of room lights. Good shower. Easy to adjust the heater/air conditioner. The hotel shuttle will take you to the Riverwalk, free.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo