“Great place to crash when passing through”

Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I needed somewhere to stay for one night after Burning Man, which was in the middle of Labor Day weekend. I bid on Priceline and won this hotel for $40. After reading the reviews, I requested an upgraded non-smoking room with one bed, and got that upon check-in. I also asked for a room that doesn't face the train tracks, but they were out of them. I'm a light sleeper, but it wasn't bad at all.

The room was very comfortable and newly remodeled. Everything worked fine. The TV is old style, but that's to be expected at a 2.5 star in Reno at this price. The bed was comfortable.

There is a free shuttle to the airport, which was a great perk. It's basically a personal service that will take you there whenever you need to go. There is also a free computer with internet in the lobby.

The check-in staff was very welcoming and great. They also provided free detergent and I was able to do laundry on the 2nd floor ($1 washer and $1 dryer).

The surrounding area looks somewhat dingy, so I probably wouldn't stay there if I was planning to walk anywhere. But overall, it's a great value for a stopover in Reno on the way somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded room facing away from the train tracks
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Ramada Reno Hotel and Casino

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here with our goddaughter and our dog. We stayed because it was pet friendly. The place is nice, the rooms are comfortable the staff is friendly, but step off property and it's a little sketchy. It's about five or six blocks away from the Reno casinos and I definitely would not recommend walking from the hotel to downtown.

Don't get me wrong we felt completely safe in the hotel and I actually would stay there again, because the staff went out of there way to be friendly and make us feel welcome. The free breakfast downstairs was very good and there is a casino near the front lobby.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I visited this property for pleasure while singing with the High Sierra Harmony Brigade. The rooms were clean, well maintained and the beds firm. The food served was delicious. I don't gamble but there is a casino attached. There was some smoke which made it into the hotel lobby which bothered me as a reformed smoker but it was minor.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We decided to stay here Sat.-Mon. because we wanted to bring our dog, but were not willing to pay $20-$30/night (Grand Sierra, Nugget) AND be out of downtown. They have small sandy areas with bushes outside that are designated for pets, and a convenient disposable bag/trash receptacle in these areas.

The lobby looks okay, and the front desk staff was really good. They get four stars for service and friendliness. We had an issue with our reservation (pre-paid through gotaroom.com), not showing as pre-paid, which they quickly fixed immediately when I told them. The hotel shuttle is by request, so they will drop off/pick up in downtown if you ask (the last evening run was around 10.30pm, so be sure to check that). The elevators and carpets are old and getting worn-out and shabby.

The room was nice and clean, and very nicely made-up. The bathroom was also nicely prepped as well. I think the room gets three stars because of the care taken in it - the cleaning staff do a good job. Same shabby carpet, and the bathroom fan had a really loud buzz to it. Toilet drained slowly, but didn't overflow as I was afraid of.

The casino is small and ghetto, no craps, limited card games. They do have a $2 blackjack though. I'd rather head downtown, as it's only 1 mile away, for gambling. The restaurant was so-so, only ate there because of being pressed for time.

I would say if the hotel were up to the level of the staff, it would be four stars. The shabby public areas, hallways, worn carpet, and ratty elevator should be two stars. Overall, not bad if you are determined to bring your pet without paying through the nose.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Most Ramada hotels advertise a hot breakfast, but this one only offered hotel room coffee, and a restaurant in which you had to buy breakfast. Pool was nice, bed was comfy, bathroom was roomy and clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We have stayed in this motel a couple of times and have always had a nice time. We did make sure we asked for a remodeled room when we checked in and were given a beautiful room with a great bed. It was the best two nights sleep that we had had on our vacation! It has a good workout room which is a must for me when traveling. The laundry facilities need updating but I was grateful that it was even there. The restaurant is not very good but the burger spot inside the casino area is good and reasonable. You could even see locals coming in just to get a burger.

We like the low key easy going atmosphere of the casino. It had a local friendly feel to it.
It is a few blocks from the main strip but close enough for us. The staff were friendly and we definitely will stay again next time we are in Reno

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We have stayed at the Ramada Reno twice, in 2009 and 2010 for the Snaffle Bit Futurity. It is a 10 minute walk to the Livestock Center. It is perfect for us, my husband sleeps in while I go watch the horse show. As well, the 2 dollar tables in the Casino are a great way to play black jack without blowing your budget. The dealers are nice and helpful and you get to know them all at the end of a few day stay. The hotel itself is nothing special but the staff is friendly. Easy to catch a cab and go tour through the busier downtown hotels and casinos.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple