“Like Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno
Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you want a no hassle, quiet stay, this is the place. Homewood Suites really make you feel at Home. The free breakfasts are great with a good quality of healthy foods. The free dinners taste homemade. I will definately look for Homewood Suites everywhere I go.

1  Thank Darinda M

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I usually stay in Homewoods when traveling with the family. We like having the separated living and sleeping areas which is essential with kids, and the kitchenette as we often like to take in food for the room. The breakfasts are also to our kids' liking, and included in the (very reasonable) room price - a big difference for a family of four.

This is my second time in this Homewood property. I spent a long weekend with my son in June. Our experience was superb. This is perhaps the best run Homewood I have stayed in (I have stayed in perhaps 10 or so). The room and public areas are very clean. I had a small maintenance issue (creaking doors) and that got taken care of in a jiffy after I let the front desk know. I usually don't leave tips for room cleaners was but compelled to do so this time because the room was in such great shape. We did not use the pool this time, but last time we stayed it was very well taken care of indoor pool. Breakfast room was very well attended, with your standard Homewood fare (including waffles on weekends!). The mini-shop was well-stocked with everything I needed, including a toothbrush, M&Ms and local microbrew beers. Location is easy to get to (well Reno is small so everything seems to be 10 minutes away) with lots of restaurants nearby (Check out Ijji 2 and Claim Jumper) and relatively quiet (althought there was a bit of highway noise in my room but didn't bother me).

This is definitely my go-to hotel for my Reno trips!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a nice place to stay away from smoking, drinking and gambling of the casinos. The roominess of the suite and the full kitchen was a delight. There is a nice park across the street with walking/jogging trails (Anderson Park/Bartley Ranch). There are fantastic shopping complexes (the Summit, Legends, Meadowood Mall) nearby. However, it is located in Reno, which has a dark side and sleazy people - the man in the room upstairs brought back some "live entertainment" that could be heard from my room. The breakfast servers were not helpful about answering questions whether the food items were gluten free. Even though food was provided, I ended up not eating many items because they didn't have ingredients lists from the packages available.

Room Tip: A first floor room would be preferable, because the elevator is slow.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Amber needs to get a new job. Very rude and uncooperative. When we asked if our room was ready, she never looked up and said it would be better if we called before we came back. Came down again and this time she screwed up our reservations and we had to get re-keyed after going to our room and finding out that she didn't extend our stay.

1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I enjoyed my time at the Reno Homewood Suites. My room was excellent as was the staff. Each day breafast was prepared. The sellection of food was great as well. I spent some time in the pool, which was well maintained. My only issue was breakfast on the second day of my stay. For some reason we had no meat and just eggs.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

As former hotel corporate executive I am experienced with all type hotels throughout U.S. and internationally. I was very happy with our stay at this property. It is well maintained and judging from guest service, well managed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We found ourselves on short notice looking for a three night stay in Reno with all the strip hotels booked solid for the Blues and Brews festival. Since this is a road trip we have transportation and found ourselves surprised at how much we enjoyed being on the fringe of the "action". Quiet, less smoky, and when we wanted casino action we drove down the street. We needed a rest and it was the perfect choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple