“A breath of fresh air”

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Sacramento, California
“A breath of fresh air”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last year instead of with out friends who always stay at the Nugget. (Just can't tolerate the smokey environment) This place is off the beaten path, but still very close to Sparks and Reno. Loved having a little kitchenette. We had our windows open at night for fresh air and could hear the coyotes howling... Very cool!! Excellent staff. If I had to find one thing to complain about, it would be that the rooms are a little on the small side compared with other hotels we've stayed at, but honestly the trade-off is worth it! We are planning on staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2013

excellent and friendly staff upgraded our room. I think this is enough to report to you that we were happy to stay there. excellent and friendly staff upgraded our room. I think this is enough to report to you that we were happy to stay there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Hotel manager Larry made me feel incredibly welcome and was attentive to every detail. On my return I was welcomed again like an old friend. Even though this place is not is downtown it is easy to get to and I would prefer to stay here over one of the 60's era casinos in the middle of Reno anyday!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Christopher MR D
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while in Reno. Close to downtown and other shopping area. Large spacious rooms, I had a king suit, with a kitchenette, no bugs, no roaches. The bed is comfy and the staff were very helpful when needed. The buffet breakfast was the usual basic, but served its purpose. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that wants to have a little more at home stay. I would book here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Riverview, FL, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This Homewood Suites was a great place to stay during my business trip to Reno. It has all the amenities I need (work desk in room, internet, breakfast, business center, etc.) to work efficiently and also everything I need to feel comfortable during my stay. The room was excellent and the food, both breakfast and evening, was definitely above the usual hotel fare. The staff was also very accommodating to the needs for business activites (like arranging a conference room at the last minute.) I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel has a friendly staff, great complimentary breakfast and dinner fare, roomy suite, full kitchen and a great location! We were looking for a hotel other than a casino. Happy to see no gambling machines anywhere. This was perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always had a great experience. The hotel is quiet and convenient. Best of all, the staff is great. It is nice not having to deal with a casino and all the stuff that goes with staying at one of those places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business