“Typical Homewood”

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Concord, California
“Typical Homewood”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel has all of the amenities I look for, particularly the consistency of this Hilton brand (versus HIE, for example, which I've found varies widely). The room was comfortable and quiet. I was there on a Sunday night on which occupancy appeared to be relatively low. My room was on the top floor on the side opposite the freeway and was very quiet. I was placed in a room directly across from the elevator even though I specifically requested a room away from the elevator, but it was still quiet. I think this was due to low guest traffic. There was a gap along the bottom two feet on the side of the door to the hall through which you could actually see the hall carpet, so I guess I lucked out on the noise.

The TV channel selection was so-so and their TVs are not programmed properly with blank channels, gaps between channels, and no labels. They need to pay more attention to this. Internet speed was average at best. I had just come from a hotel with 15 mbps download speeds and this hotel had less than 1 mbps. This will affect you if you stream anything requiring any bandwidth at all, such as TV shows or movies. Hilton needs to boost their connections speeds to keep my business in the longer term.

Front desk was friendly. I didn't have breakfast. Parking was right there, convenient, and seemed secure. Decor was OK. No obvious signs of wear and tear. It is a few miles to the south of downtown but a good option for avoiding smoke or gambling while enjoying a spacious room with eat-in cooking options available. All in all, a good choice and true to the brand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank southwest_traveller9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Elk Grove, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our stay here was very enjoyable. We had the 2 bedroom suite for my family of 6 for my daughters softball tournament. Our room had 3 TV's , the pull-out couch with the extra bedroom and kitchen felt like home. I will include this as one of my favorites such as Embassy Suites. The breakfast doesn't compare to ES, but its a great added value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travel to Reno/Carson City frequently on business and always stay here. Clean, quiet, no casinos - perfect for business travel. Rooms have good workspace so I can get work done in my room. There is also a hiking trail within walking distance if I need a mental break.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Brentwood, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here in June while attending a conference. The first two nights it was Boy #1 and I, and the 3rd night Big Poppa and Boy #2 joined us. It looks pretty much like every other Homewood Suites in America. Having a separate bedroom with a sofabed in the living room as well as a full size fridge makes it a great set-up for families.

We had requested a non-smoking room, and were placed in one the first night. However, it was on the border between the smoking and non-smoking rooms, and we had a morning chain smoker next door. I didn't realize how much smoke travels through walls. We asked to be moved, and were told to pack our belongings and they would move us while we were out into the new room after it was vacated and cleaned. When we came back, we got our new keys, went to our new room, drew a breath of fresh air - but our stuff wasn't there. It was still in the old room. She made me a key for the old room, and we retrieved our belongings.

As for the evening reception and morning breakfast, nothing special. Bud and Bud Light, and the wine was about the same quality. Food was "meh", but hey, it was free and took the edge off until you could get some good grub.

Overall, we got a good rate, enjoyed the space and kitchenette, and will likely go back when in the area. But nothing special to set it apart.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Germantown, MD, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The guest rooms are well equipped, especially the kitchens which include dishes and silverware. Nice granite counters in the kitchen and bathrooms. The rooms are spacious and would be good for a family. Complimentary breakfast was good and fairly standard. Staff was friendly. Free parking is a plus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Minden, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was very satisfied, with hotel. Appearance was pleasing as you entered lobby. Suite was nice, clean and smelled fresh. Was impressed with complimentary dinner. Pool was on the cool side but during heat wave in Reno was welcomed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellence hotel with great facilities for a young family. The suite has 2 rooms so the kids could watch TV in one room while the adults decompressed after a long drive. Beds were a bit too soft for my comfort but overall this was a good place to stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family