WINNER WONDERLAND

Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Reno
“Excellent family hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here on our way north to Lassen Vulcanic Park. It was all the little details that made this a great place to stay: the complimentary dinner (monday to thursday), the DVD player in the room (movies available at the reception) and the microwave popcorn bag in the room. Pool area is great too. We're coming back.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bonnybridge bridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having had a bad experience with a private rental we had to book this hotel at short notice for 7 days ,the receptionist could not have been better allowing us in early as we were at a loose end with all our luggage .First night the bathroom fan kept running and vibrated through the suite. Maintenance could not fix so they muffled it with tape, The rest of the room was fine with sitting room and kitchen Breakfast was not that good but we managed in the kitchen. The position of the hotel baffled my satnav which got lost everyday .All things considered we had a good stay and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family stayed here the night before flying back home. I contacted the front desk to request an early check-in as we had to be out of our rental early. Katie at the front desk was not only accommodating but very welcoming and friendly. We got into our room and settled in. Later in the evening, we noticed that the microwave was not working. I called the front desk to notify them and literally less than 5 minutes later, someone was there to fix it (i.e. plug it in). Later as we were pulling out the sofa bed for the kids to sleep on, we called to request a few more pillows and again, in less than 10 minutes, there they were with the pillows.

The morning breakfast was very hearty (breakfast burritos and potatoes) as well as waffles, yogurt, pasties and cereal. When we had specific requests for cereal or yogurt, they were quick to check and found what we had requested.

A random side note- as i was coming back into the hotel in the afternoon, there was a kitty lounging on the back of a sofa basking in the sun (they are pet friendly) and it just made me laugh that the cat made himself at home.

This will now be our go-to place to stay when in Reno. My husband kept commenting on how friendly everyone was. I am a frequent traveller and have stayed in many places- this was definitely worth the price!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

During my 3rd week at this hotel, had the most unusual and bizarre encounter with the night auditor...and that's why I will not stay there on return business trips to the area.
As a business traveler you get to see a lot of bad and good in the people's salary your travel dollars are supporting, but this was a first. Juan referred to me as 'people like you,' advised that his employer does not pay him enough money to deal with people of my type and ranted a few random semi-religious comments which also seemed to have nothing to do with my request to fax a work document. In the hotel business center, a note is posted indicating that faxes must be sent from the front desk, so unsure what set him off, but unless he was having a super 'off' night, I wonder if he hates all people or whether there was something else influencing him that evening???? I will never know, as the General Manager only response was, "I'm not making excuses for him." Never, did the GM apologize for the behavior, but mentioned that based upon my verbatim description, it did seem bizarre. I thought the Hilton family had a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Perhaps they've had too many Juan encounters and had to reject it because the hotel actually charged me more from the night of that strange encounter until the end of my stay... Mabye this is their newest incentive plan, rewarding Juan for treating a paying guest so disrespectfully. Way to go Homewood Suites! The Hilton brands were my favorite until this. This Diamond member will seek a good night's sleep from your competitors.

Room Tip: There are no quiet rooms at this hotel. Each of 3 weeks I requested a quiet room. The first week...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank R S
south jordan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

as if all the answers weren't enough I really haven't had to write an essay in quite a while and frankly if I knew it would come to this, having to write 200 words, I would have bailed a long time ago. I really don't think this is necessary. Ok Ok you did a great job blah, blah. Everything was pretty good and I have no real issues.

Anaheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Overall the quality of this Hotel as well as all of the Hilton Chain was great. Two issues where getting a smoking room instead of Non-smoking and two uninvited guests crawled into our room. Considering it was 104 degrees they needed to get into a nice cool room.

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Homewood Suites in Reno is simply the best I've ever had the pleasure of staying with. I am a frequent business traveler and an occational family traveler. I have stayed at many other hotels in Reno Six to be exact and Homewood Suites in Reno is by far the best available for the money.