“Good stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Reno
california
“Good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Very nice and clean hotel. Close to a mall food and freeway. Rooms are clean and facility is in a safe area. The hot breakfast seems to be going down in quality the last several times I have stayed here everything seems to be microwaved and overal food selection needs improvement

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank CaliforniaMark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was extremely happy with my stay here. Large suites with all the amenities, very clean and very comfortable. Service is friendly and breakfast and wifi are included. This is only my second stay at a Homewood Suites, but it is my new favorite chain.

I stayed here with two cats. They didn't charge the extra fee, though I did include the request in my reservation, and I didn't complain.

Make sure that you have good directions, it's a little hard to find after you exit the freeway.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Perfect. The room was very large with a huge sitting area. Modern, big screen TV. All amenities - refrigerator, range, microwave, free internet. The pool is large and very attractive. The hot tub is big and the water is actually hot. Staff were friendly and very accommodating. The breakfast was good, and a free dinner is provided in the evening. Airport transportation was free and readily available, even at 4:00 am. There is also plenty of free parking and nice restaurants with half a mile.

Room Tip: Third and fourth floors have better views of the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tropicana49
Jim D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thanks for your wonderful comments. Happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy our pool area, and all of our other ammenities. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thanks Jim D GM
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

This was our second time here and we were just as pleased with our stay this time. The suites are very clean. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are good and the dinner meal is ok. The hotel is in a good location, close to the airport and close to the freeway. There is an indoor pool that is well kept. Great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your comments and we are so happy to hear from our return guests. We hope to see you again in the near future. Please fell free to contact me personally if there is anything you need. Have a great day! Jim D GM
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I promised my daughter a Reno trip to play at the Circus Circus. Since I prefer my hotel not to be a circus, I stayed at the homewood Suites and could not be happier. The location is a quick, less than 10-minute drive to downtown without the hassle of staying downtown. Checking was simple and friendly. Breakfast was hot and plentiful with a great selection of something for my health concious wife, my picky kids and more than enough for me to splurge. The 1-bedroom suite was spacious and even though there were four of us, we weren't at all cramped.

Thanks for a great time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott O
Jim D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our Hotel. We always appreciate feedback as we strive to offer our guests a comfortable and relaxing stay away from the casino atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. Jim D. GM
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I was staying in this hotel during my family vacation during Christmas week of 2011. I found this hotel very clean and comfortable. The staff really made us feel at home during holidays.
The quality of food for breakfast was very good and variety was adequate and was changing almost every day.
The only problem we had it was with reservation site which for some reason put us into smoking room. When I called toll free number a very unpolite male voice with heavy accent told me that its a my problem to deal directly with hotel. After I hang up on him and dial the same toll free number - a very pleasant female voice did all the changes and send me a new confirmation. It the way to go.
Beside that I would highly recommend this hotel to business and family travel.
Tip - the Whole food store is just down the road on other side of highway with ready made food and you can warm it up in your room because it has nicely done kitchen.

No cons whatsoever about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank VSPE
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Based on TA reviews, I and my three teenagers stayed here for New Year's Eve. The hotel is located on the southern edge of Reno, all by itself in what seemed to be a light industrial area. The hotel is very new and easy to find, right off of Hwy 395, but note that highway noise was not a problem at all. I liked the fact that the hotel was off the beaten track (ie, not next to the airport, downtown casinos, or Virgina Street). It only took us about 3 minutes to get to the Atlantis and 10 minutes to get to downtown. It's located close to the Meadowood Mall and really close to a great Thai restaurant at the corner of Neil and Virginia (Thai Lotus).

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a king-sized bed. As others have noted, the suite had a complete kitchen - they even included complimentary microwave popcorn! We liked the fact that there was a door separating the living area from the bedroom - the bathroom was located in the bedroom rather than in the common area, which made privacy a bit of an issue.

The hotel itself feels very new - well furnished and carpeted. The breakfast room was large, with about 10-12 tables. The complimentary breakfast was typical of these types of hotels (waffles, eggs, sausage, home fries, juices, fruit, etc.). What seems to be unique about this place is the light meals they serve M-Th in the late afternoons - things like puled pork sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, and lasagna.

The hotel has a pretty big indoor pool with a spa next to it - my kids tried and liked both of these alot. It also has a small fitness center with 3-4 machines and free weights, an outside basketball court, a small (2 computer) business center, and a self-service laundry with 8-10 washers and dryers.

All of the staff we encountered were uniformly friendly and professional. There are two things keeping me from giving this place 5 stars. First, our wireless access was slow, perhaps because we were located in a room (226) far from the lobby - my kids sat in the lobby to access the internet on their iPhones and Kindles. Second, being on the second floor, there was more footstep, conversation, and plumbing noises from the people upstairs than I would have liked. But other than that we were very happy with our experience and would not hesitate to return if we wanted a suites-type experience away from the downtown casinos.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor near the lobby
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family