“Good Food, Bad Management and Sometimes Poor Service.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #51 of 905 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reno,Nv
“Good Food, Bad Management and Sometimes Poor Service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I used to go to BJ's in Reno at the Summit Mall quite often, until our horrible experience with their so called manager-supervisor. Upon entering their restaurant their is several doors to enter. One entrance is a turnstile and 1 entrance door on either side of turnstile door. When entering on the door on the left , my foot was caught under the leg of the bench right in front of the door. I fell hard, especially on my right knee. After a couple of minutes their manager(for lack of a better word), arrived. All he did was stare at me while I was injured and had no concern what so ever for my condition. He was a Asian guy and had better things to do, at least that was what was perceived. I had to ask for a bag of ice as I was in pain, my knee bruised and swollen. This manager was useless to someone like myself who was a customer, I cannot imagine how he treats his staff. We even paid for our meal !!!
Do yourself a favor go elsewhere where you are treated with respect. The corporate office was so generous Ha Ha, they gave me a gift card and paid for my $50.00 co pay from the urgent care clinic I went to that afternoon. The claims agent from corporate wrote me a letter stating it was not BJ's Restaurants fault as I have been there before and never fell or had an issue like this. That is ridiculous . That is like saying the 20 times you went to the restaurant before, a car accident did not happen, so why should it happen today. My family, friends, co workers and others I told about this situation were astounded and will never go to this restaurant.
I do have to admit , the food is pretty good and consistent. Too bad they have such a lousy manager to take this restaurant to a 2 star at best.
In other words go elsewhere.

Las Vegas, NV
“Pints and Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Got here about 4 p.m. on a Tuesday and glad we did. A little after 5 p.m. about 100 people walked in the door. Atmosphere and decor the best I've seen in a brewery anywhere. We enjoyed the beer, pizza and the Tuscan chicken. Our server was very knowledgeable about the beer and menu items. Overall great food,service and atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Reno, Nevada
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Service was Terrible and it took way to long to get our food and the wait to be seated was also 45min to an hour for basic food. The Restaurant was loud and crowded. This was the worst Restaurant experience ever for basic food pizza etc.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“The Pezookies of course!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

i go here primarily for the pezookies, which are half cooked cookies topped with ice cream and they are delicious! The peanut butter is my favorite! The food is average and the drink options are very good. This place gets busy, even on the week days so you may have to wait, even though the place is pretty big. Fun place to eat.

Visited May 2013
Michigan
“Meh, food better than the beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I don't know if this is a franchise or not, it feels like one. It feels very similar to a Rock Bottom Brewery, but Rock Bottom has better beer. The waitress couldn't really answer any beer related questions, but there was a decent beer menu to make a selection. Beers were ok, nothing special, mouth feel was light to watery for a few of them

Food was pub variety, decent portions and quality. Overall decent value... But not for beer lovers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse? Share your experiences!