“Great !”

Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada
Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in room 357 on third floor. The room was exactly what we wanted. It was a one bedroom with plenty of space and very comfortable. It had a well appointed kitchen, two TV's one in the bedroom and a great shower (not bath). It was also very quite.

Position wise I'm not sure if it was good or not. We just wanted a place to stay the night before and the night after we drove around Lake Tahoe and this suited us perfectly. We could have stayed on the lake but this was much cheaper and was only a 20 minute drive away. We weren't far from Reno itself but you would have needed a car to get there.

We'd been travelling for nearly seven weeks but now and this was the best of our accommodation to date and nearly the cheapest!

Room Tip: Book a one bedroom suite as it wasn't much more and provided more space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed for two nights at this property in Reno with my family while passing through on vacation. We used it as a base as we explored around Lake Tahoe. It is a new property, clean and like new as expected. I used the PointBreaks rate which is always a fantastic deal. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, the internet was quick, and the bed, while quite firm, was comfortable. Access from the highway was quick and easy. The property does have a few issues, however. First, there is little if any insulation between rooms. It was too easy to hear neighbors in adjoining rooms and in the hallways. Also, I had to set the A/C unit in the room down to 60 in order to be comfortable in the room - and it only went down to about 68 or 70 at that setting. Finally, there is a real shortage of seating during breakfast. All the seats at the few available tables were taken, and most guests were getting their breakfast "to go" by bringing something back to their rooms. For a hotel this size there should be more seating available.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ajnuff
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear ajnuff,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 29, 2014

It took many calls and emails for more than four days to fix internet in our room. This is after we have complained to front desk almost everyday and have notified hotel GM on our second day. Still nothing was done about it until the fifth day. No one truly cared, in our opinion. Hotel staff we talked to just passed the message down to the next person taking over the shift. Some offered explanation about too many people occupying the hotel and therefore interrupted or intermittent internet was to be expected. Some said a technician was summoned but when I finally was able to talk to the technician on the phone on the fourth day, he told me he did not get summoned at all to fix the problem. Hotel finally had to give us one day of credit as an apologetic gesture. However, it would have meant so much more if someone had shown that they cared.

Housekeeping is also a big problem. Bed cover was discovered to contain strands of hair on our first day. We notified front desk. Second day, same thing. Finally they removed the bed cover for us saying all their bed covers may contain hair. On at least two occasions, housekeeping forgot to replace our towel or shower mat. There was even one other time, housekeeping came over when we were in the room, said she'd return but never did.

This hotel staff needs a lot of training. They truly have to show they care about paying guests who pay to stay here.

The other thing about this hotel is their HD TV. There are HD TV units in every room. There is, however, no HD programming. Even when you tune to an HD channel, it is still not in HD. That is because the hotel failed to get the correct equipment in place for HD quality pictures to deliver onto their HD TV units. This is just not smart.

There was no acknowledgement of IHG Platinum membership, either. Remember, to get to Platinum, a guest has to have spent a lot of nights at different hotels. This membership status is achieved thru spending a lot of money every year staying in hotel rooms. Failure to recognize that is just not smart at all.

Overall, I believe the only thing that saved my review rating from being a one star is their price. For the price, with daily breakfast plus social evenings Tuesday - Thursday, it is adequate. Hotel also has a good size gym and indoor swimming pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank CekayFarnsworth
getcomfortable, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Tony3429
I am sorry to hear that you felt your concerns were ignored. I want to assure you we did everything within our power to get the internet port in your room working as soon as we could. As for our wifi internet, upon inspection by our vendor, the hotel was experiencing no current issues during your stay. Once again I'm sorry that you felt that no one cared, we were doing everything possible to rectify the situation in a timely manner and believed that we had fixed the situation to your satisfaction since you extended your stay with us afterwards. If you feel this was not the case, please feel free to contact me directly at kellyf@laxmihotels.com. We thank you for being a valued Platinum Member and the hotel had offered you the option of Platinum Bonus points which you received at check in. We hope you choose Staybridge Suites again and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My 2nd stay in this property in the last 3 years and still has friendly staff and the breakfast is one of the better offerings in the Staybridge brand. Located in a nice quiet suburban business park development it is a good option to avoid the otherwise seedy downtown Reno area after dark. Large supermarket nearby in a local shopping precinct and easy access off I-580 / US-395 on the southern outskirts of Reno. Airport is a short drive, and easy access if day tripping down towards Lake Tahoe

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
getcomfortable, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear SoCal,
The entire team is happy to hear that you decided to visit us again when you returned to Reno! I am glad you got the chance to enjoy the daily breakfast. We love being able to give families and other guest a quiet and safe place to stay while still being close to Downtown and other area attractions. Our location makes a day trip to Tahoe easy and enjoyable. We know you have many choices in where to stay in Reno and want to say thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Reno NV as your home away from home.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here 5 months last fall and we are back again for a couple of months. This Staybridge is wonderful. All of the staff without exception are warm and friendly. They go out of their way to make our stay great everyday.

The breakfast is always great--with more offerings than we've had at other similar properties. The laundry's washers and dryers are free and there are social hours Tues, Wed., and Thurs. including food, soft drinks and beer.

We are enjoying our stay here in this very well maintained and managed property. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when we are in Reno. It is truly customer focused.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel has views of Mt. Rose. The top floor is the 4th floor so you have no one above you but...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall room is large with enough space to not feel crowded. I stayed in a 1 BR suite with a small kitchen. There is a lot of noise that transfers between floors. If there are heavy footed folks above you; it will be irritating. Breakfast buffet is convenient with a usual selection. I like the self made waffles. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays there is a social with free beer. Pool is usable but not large, hot tub is nice after a busy day. I did ask for a special request before my arrival but never received a response. The couch is well used and uncomfortable to sit in for an extending period. TVs are dated LCD, I had to modify settings to get an HD signal. I have stayed there 14 days this year with another trip planned.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fcbjmblrbaib
getcomfortable, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hello Frank
Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback from your recent stay with us. We are currently in the process of changing the sofa beds mats & springs in all rooms and we have just recently upgraded our channel listing and have a robust selection of HD channels to watch so I truly hope your next visit is more comfortable. I'm glad to see you were able to enjoy some of our amenities such as the mid week social reception and hot tub! I apologize that you did not receive a response in regards to your special request. We strive to make every stay enjoyable for every guest. If you would like to reach out to me directly to assure we can make it right for your next visit I would be happy to assist and can also make sure we can assist with a higher floor during your visit. Kelly Frerking GM (775-657-8999)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

POSITIVES

• Large room with king bed.
• Not new but furnished to a decent standard. Slightly old fashioned / classy feel to the decor.
• Good desk and office chair for work – large desk.
• Above average breakfast.
• Friendly staff on reception (and at breakfast).
• Public areas of the hotel comfortable with a good business centre. I didn’t try the pool or fitness center. Pleasant fire in reception / breakfast area.
• Wifi in the room fast.
• About 10 miles south of the center of Reno – very close to the freeway into town.
• Good view of the mountains – immediate view not that pretty but mountains (with cloud and snow when I was there) was good.
• Room was a very good price.

NEGATIVES

• Very little immediately near the hotel. A Starbucks about ½ a mile away with some other stores and a gas station. Most things are a six to ten mile drive into the center of Reno.

CONCLUSION

This was a good place to stay on a very cold weekend in Reno. I felt warm and welcomed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
getcomfortable, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hi Joe
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I agree the West side view of the mountains is the best, especially in winter, beautiful! Our team strives to make every stay a great one and I'm glad you enjoyed some of our amenities during your visit. Our hotel is away from downtown but we are located near some great restaurants, entertainment and shopping less than 2 miles away. I hope that if you return to Reno, we get the opportunity to recommend some of them to you. Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.