“Great service & rooms!”

Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed at this property for a weekend trip to Reno. The hotel was clean, the staff was super friendly & helpful. The breakfast in the morning was full of options and the free laundry was beyond helpful after a day of skiing at Mt Rose. The arae was quiet and we will return to the Staybridge in Reno because it is my new favorite hotel!

Room Tip: The mountain side of the building has a wonderful view of Mt Rose and there is no freeway noise!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelleca77

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I always book @ Staybridge Suites whenever there is one where I am going, because I know what to expect and I know that I won't be disappointed. After a grueling 14 hours in 4 different airports, 3 flights and a lost snowboard incident, I was MORE than happy to arrive at this hotel to find out it is just as expected. It felt like home. Service was impeccable, breakfast is always perfect with fresh options to choose from, and the gym was great. Overall, book here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank NYC_is_for_lovers
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at this property for both business as well as personal and it has to be one of the best on the road. The staff is very friendly, professional and accommodating. The rooms are very clean, well appointed and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank D B
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was impressed with the accommodations. I was hesitant because I booked a special rate therefore thought I would be put in a less desirable room given I paid less and I checked in very late. Upon arrival the front desk staff was polite and reassured me all the rooms were nice. He mentioned they were sold out for the weekend but if there was an issue to let him know. The room was clean and spacious. I reserved a one bedroom suite, it worth it when traveling with kids. There is a TV/DVD in the living room and in the bedroom. The full kitchen with dishwasher is a big plus. The pots and pans are limited but get the job done for simple dinners. For those not wanting to cook there are several places close (not walking distance) to go and eat. FREE laundry facilities and free breakfast are a huge plus. The staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions. I am very picky about the places I stay and don’t recommend places if they are questionable. Staybridge Reno meets my standards.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor furthest from the elevator and I did not hear any hall noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vacationlover310
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Pros: families will like staying here if they want to save on meals et al. You have a full kitchen w/BASIC cooking gear, a stove, microwave, dishwasher. Love the gratis laundry facilities. You get a standard breakfast in the morning. I appreciated the mini kitchen & made full use of it.
Cons: Asked for a top floor, quiet room (that would be the 4th floor); received a 3rd floor room. The floor above had in-resident elephants for the duration of our stay which impacted our desire for sleep & quiet time. At ~4pm coinciding w/my desire to take a nap; the folks at the end of the hallway had their children/friends running up & down said hallway for ~30 minutes. Ironically the same folks put the magnetic sign out indicating their baby was napping. Not so lovely.
At breakfast time, there was no place to sit. Decided to sit at couch/table instead of the other obvious meal tables & discovered a plethora of old crumbs w/the pull out tray at 1 table. Yuck.
Cons w/our room: great until we turned on the lights & opened the curtains. The couch needs assistance. Previous tenants spewed something on the couch back that we hadn't noticed in the dim light the night we arrive. We didn't have the time to complain or change rooms. So we took linens that are provided for said couch as a bed but used them to cover the couch so we could sit there. Note that if you are staying the weekend, you have to request spot cleaning services. They change the towels, make the beds & may or may not replace toilet paper, kleenex, dish washing soap, paper towels, & sundries. For the price we paid, this was not cool. We had to leave a note to request certain items... :-(

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AboveandAbroad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear AboveandAbroad,

Thank you for your stay and leaving feedback of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs and the room amenities were suitable for your needs. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered with the cleanliness levels. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your feedback as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed here on our way to a ski weekend at Tahoe. It worked out well for us, since our flight got in late and the hotel is just a few miles away. The room was clean, large and pleasant, and there were plenty of stores and restaurants nearby. It made our drive to Squaw a little longer, but it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank james f
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is away from the casino area so it's quiet and comfortable. The hotel is pet friendly and the rooms are very comfortable. We stayed in a suite so my husband and I had a room and my mother-in-law had a room. There is also a large living room area and full kitchen with full-size refrigerator.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family