“Have fun & win”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 25, 2014

At this time I have not one poor comment, I have always had good time and
feel safe in the casino and valet parking. The food and service have always
seen good. The heated pool during the winter is great.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Peppermill Reno is a wonderful oasis in Reno. For a first rate experience Skip the beginning of Virginia St.and head down the street a mile or so to the Peppermill. Clean well appointed rooms, the staff are genuinely friendly and want to make sure your experience there is a great one, and you will not go wrong dining in any of the restaurants on site. They also have one of the most luxurious day spas I have been to. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Tuscany tower rooms are excellent, and they also have a separate check in desk from the rest of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This place is hard to rate. I was here for a wedding, and I would probably see what else was available next visit.
Staff were mostly wonderful, although support during a wedding reception was not up to expectations - see below. The room was nice, but the desk drawer wouldn't open, and the a/c rattled a bit. Bathroom was well done, but closing the door produced a loud squeak that could well have disturbed others who were still sleeping. It's for these reasons that I rated down the otherwise nice accommodations.
The casino was enormous, a bit smokey but not as bad as I'd expected. There are numerous eateries, and the prices were moderate but reasonable. Island seafood (and much more) buffet, was extensive and around $30 - justifiable given the offerings. Café Milano breakfast was a bit expensive.
Fitness center was good. Sufficient equipment, complimentary bottled water, towels, shower room, newspapers and places to just sit and relax. Elipticals each had there own small flatscreen tvs. There was not a staff person on hand at all times, and it seemed that for a facility of this size, there should have been someone there.
Two large pools were attractive, and towels were available. It was too cold for me during the early morning to take a dip, but others weren't so inhibited.
The wedding ceremony room was just adequate for our small group - under 50 people. The reception location was just up an elegant spiral staircase, and it better accommodated our group. Food was wonderful and varied, although the cake was reportedly dry according to some attendees. The fresh shrimp were enormous and tasty. Oddly, there were no knives provided nor enough seats for the group. The staff took care of the first issue fairly quickly, but it took some scrambling to get enough chairs. And why would a room with a sound system not come with a microphone for toasts as part of the deal; it would have cost $75 or more. Also, the bartender refused to honor a complimentary drink coupon presented to a uniformed armed services member - NOT good form! It is for these reasons that I've given a lower rating for service than I would have otherwise.
And why was there no complimentary bottled water in the bedroom and no complimentary newspaper? Rooms weren't cheap, even with a group discount; so given what I've experienced at other nicer hotels, like this one, I was disappointed at the lack of these conveniences.
Given the huge number of rooms and the turnover during the busy weekend, it was good that checkout was easy to do via any of a variety of ways. Getting all the stuff from our room out and into our car, though, took the Bell staff over 30 mins. They didn't have enough carts to let us just take one ourselves to speed things up. Hmmm.

Room Tip: I was in the Peppermill tower, room 532. View was fine, it was almost at the middle of the corridor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kooikermom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I wish I had more time to enjoy the resort. I didn't have a chance to dine, swim, spa or game it was a business trip. Unfortunately, I just had time to sleep and shower. I have dined at the Oceana and it was fabulous. I did take a menu from the CHI restaurant , as I plan to bring my Mom back to experience the atmosphere there, she loves Asian décor. She has spent over 60 years decorating her home in the Asian décor, and I think she will enjoy dining there. I will be back. Thank you.

Room Tip: The West is very quiet and away from the Casino environment. It was good for me to study and get a g...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014

It is a beautiful resort. The machines weren't that friendly most of the time. The table games, for the most part, had very friendly and enjoyable dealers. The video screens with the beautiful scenes were very nice and added a great atmosphere wherever you went in the casino. Beverage servers were sometimes quite scarce. Loved the Café Milano - great variety of food and pretty good prices.

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms. Large showers and a sauna tub. Beautifully decorated and a lot of nice amenities.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandylynn77
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for the first time with a friend for a short getaway in February and it was perfect! The room was perfect, the pools and spas were awesome, the restaurants we visited were great, we won at the tables... We spent one whole day being pampered in the day spa and it was so much fun! Great massage rooms! They pay attention to details and had all kinds of water, juice, teas, and snacks available. We had a great time! Most of the restaurants in the casino also offer a happy hour! I think it was from 3-6? Or 4-6? Half off apps and lots of drink specials. Great apps! Great getaway! I realize I said great a lot, but it really was!

Room Tip: We were in the west wing and the room was great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is not the first time we are staying at Peppermill. Every time it is enjoyable mini vacation. Great people, great atmosphere, beautiful pools, hot tubs, great food! We would highly recommend Peppermill to all our friends, and to all who is going to Reno for a visit, or for a vacation. This time we were with the kids - 3, 10, and 14 years. Peppermill has it all, for every age. Thank you, we will definitely come back to you, Peppermill!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family