“Great savings for new members” 4 of 5 bubbles

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Great savings for new members”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice little casino, well done out.....almost to Vegas quality but not quite, but probably the nicest one in Reno which is looking really run down in the downtown area.

As new members, got 2 for 1 on buffet deal. Excellent food.

Poker room is well equipped, food and drink station there on a self serve basis, lots of tables and lots going on. Very much regulars but friendly enough.

Room Tip: Didn't stay in the hotel
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,758)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

It was Superbowl weekend, and the very weekend I had planned to ask my girlfriend to be my wife. During the day, she enjoyed a relaxing massage in the spa while I hit the poker tables out on the floor. To say that we were just having fun would be a serious understatement. I had my ring, I was confident, and I had made reservations in the fancy Italian place, Romanza. Unfortunately, the mood to “pop the question” was overshadowed by the servers use and mispronunciation of my name, over and over. I understand that they are doing their jobs but saying my name, as if we were buddies that go way back, is irritating to say the least. Plus, the chef can be heard as clear as day using profanities to describe the guest. It’s nothing I haven’t heard before, but something you wouldn’t expect from a 200 dollar dinner. Fortunately, I asked her in the room, sans the waiter and loud chef, and she said yes. Overall it was all good. The room was beautiful and the views from the window amazing. We will come back for certain, however we will try a different place for dinner.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elias G
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you, Elias, for posting a review for us. We do appreciate you choosing us for your proposal celebration and are very happy that this event ended in a nice successful “YES” for you. It is nice hearing that you enjoyed your day in our poker room and that your fiancé enjoyed her day in our fabulous Spa Toscana. How could she say “no” after that?

We will certainly speak with our chef and our waiter in Romanza. We apologize that this affected your experience. This is truly one of Reno’s finest dining establishments and we expect everyone to have a first rate experience in this room. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon. Bimini’s Steakhouse would be an excellent choice for you and your new bride!
Sacramento, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the imperial suite to celebrate our anniversary. The room was fantastic! The bed extremely comfy, not to mention the jacuzzi with a great view! I would definitely reccommend staying here

Oroville, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Everything about The Peppermill is outstanding.It is no dought the best place to stay and have fun in the Reno Area.This is a very super place to stay.We will stay here every time we come to Reno.We had nothing but a good time there.We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Anderson, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This has to be the best hotel in Reno. I have stayed at the peppermill hotel a total of 5 times in the last 5 months. I enjoy it every time. I have enjoyed it so much I like to go at least once a month now.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
San Ramon, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was so impressed with my recent stay at the Peppermill. I have stayed there before but do not remember it being this great of a stay. The Tuscany Tower room was clean, great bed and spacious. We left our iPad in the room after we checked out and did not realize it until already half way to California. A staff member Brant called me to inform me we had left it. He arranged for it to be overnighted to my house and we received it the next day. Who does this? The Bartender at Chi was awesome. The food was great! Overall the best in Reno!

Redwood City, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was the second time my gf and I had been there and we were very pleased (once again) with our stay. Both times we never left for the whole weekend. The staff is amazing, so friendly and the atmosphere is great for whatever you want to do: gamble a bit, have a romantic dinner, lounge by the pool, relax at the spa, have some fun at the arcade. This place never disappoints and I amalready making plans to go back real soon. Also, the food is excellent, but you may want to make a reservation for dinner as they fill up quickly on the weekends.

• 3 of 5 bubbles