“Exceptional Value, Highly Pleasurable Experience, Top-Tier Accomodations”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We enjoyed ourselves immensely while vacationing at this luxurious and exceptional property. All departments performing in tandem and with competence. Very loose slots! They provide an excellent experience for a very low price. All of our tuscany suites were presented beautifully clean and with a perfect touch of ambiance. Their value proposition to guests is incredible. Also visited Western Village; it was like a mini peppermill! Great time had by all. It was packed this last weekend, and they handled the high capacity with great efficiency and grace. We'll stick to visiting the property during the weekdays, as we're not fans of big crowds. Man it was packed in there. Pretty easy to see why--the Peppermill provides an incredible, luxurious sensory experience for an incredibly low price.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet floor and if you don't smoke, get a tuscany tower suite, where 95% is non-smokin...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alfred S

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed a week at this beautiful property and was happy with all aspects. The room was nice with a view and housekeeping was able to please my wife which is difficult. All restaurants were good with the coffe shop was great for breakfast and the Italian rest (Romanza) being excellent.
I recomend the Lasagna. All services which they have plenty were first class with personnel the friendliest and capable.

Room Tip: room facing South Reno are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I first went because a friend suggested its a great getaway spot. I don't gamble but I do love a day at the spa. What an amazing experience! Pay for one treatment and you get pampered all day. Well worth the expense. Room is always clean however I sometimes need to wait past check in time to get my room... That might be because I always arrive on Sundays and the hotel is busy on the weekends. Sushi restaurant was great as well. I also get coupon deals in the mail and pay little for such a wonderful hotel!

Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My adult family experienced a Casino together for the first time although we have been to Vegas and local California Indian gaming facilities seperately. We found Reno in general a troubled city strugglng to achieve an economic balance within the tourist concepts it pursues.

Many of our troubled and down trodded citizens are commonly seen and come in contact with the tourist world who are out to enjoy themselves. Yet the to see and at times be confronted by the poor is a distraction. Especially when they can walk into a Hotel Casino facility and be intimidating and disruptive.

The Peppermill seemed to control this problem well but there are even late night distractions that enter into play due to alcohol and discourteous behavior of many young adults acting out with lewd language and of course I was young once and acted as they did.

The Peppermill accomadations was like a page from an overstaged GodFather scene setting but very clean and kitsch. The TV entertainment was a flat panel but the response time of the controls is horrible. The entertainment at the Terrace was scripted from an Ocean Liner booking agency but the food at the various Cafes and Dining and Buffet is worth indulging.

The Peppermill beats the downtown RENO center venues and is a worthy Hotel to visit and does have a great arcade for the kids, a great pool area, fitness center and the Casino is great. I would return or chance another outlying casino away from the City Center. Found a great nite dining spot called the Gas Lamp if you can handle a 1 mile walk.

Room Tip: Tuscany Tower pool view and morning sunrise is great. Maybe next time I'll ask for sunset view...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great Place to Play and Dine! Great Place to hold your next event! Great Rooms at Great Prices! Very helpful staff! Lots of places to watch The Game!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not as good as it should or could be. Went to Reno with two female friends (all in our 50's) for work and fun, hotel very nice looking as was the room. Pillows were hard foam type no fluf at all. Bed looked ok, but was wrong, tossed and turned all night, just as one person got comfortable, another woke up. And the food was subpar, the buffett cost was with tax appx. $30 per person and if the the food had been good no problem, but it was not. Oh for the record if your going to place a refrigerator in the room, leave a little space in it for the guest to place left overs from lunch, not just the crap you want to sell. At least the place was clean. My boss paid for the trip or I'd really be upset.

2  Thank nobedbugs
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for posting your review for us. We’re glad that you chose the Peppermill as your destination and that you liked your clean room. Our standard pillow is a down alternative hypoallergenic pillow that is generally a pleasant all around pillow. We do maintain a supply of other types of pillows that we will gladly bring to you if you have a preference for a different type. We also offer Serta Pillow Top mattresses that are typically a very popular mattress. We’re sorry that you didn’t have a good night’s sleep on our bed.

We will make sure that our Island Buffet chef is aware of your complaints. This restaurant features a very wide variety of salads, Chinese, Italian, Mexican and seafood choices along with carving stations and delicious desserts made fresh every day. We’re sorry that you did not find this well worth the money.

We do have in house refrigerators that we will gladly bring to your room upon request. The mini bars in the rooms provide a selection of beverages that our guests may enjoy without having to venture out of the room.

We hope that someday you will come back and give us another opportunity to provide you a more enjoyable stay. We try very hard to accomplish this with all of our guest and we do apologize we fell short in your case.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in Reno in October of 2012 for a work conference. I was initially weary about the location chosen for where we were staying, especially since I had done some research and discovered that the Peppermill wasn't technically downtown and was kind of out of the way from the other hotels. Let me say that once I arrived those concerns went right out the window. I usually do not write reviews of the places where I have stayed, but the Peppermill is top notch. The rooms were clean, the staff were super-friendly and overall I had a phenomenal experience. In fact, when I arrived I was initially given a room in the West Wing. Having never been to this hotel before I didn't realize that the West Wing was not connected to the main building and that you have to go outside to actually get to that building. It's literally a 20 second walk from one building to another, but because most of the conference attendees were staying in the North Tower rooms Idecided that after one night of walking the long corridor to get to the exit that leads from one building to the next that I wanted to switch rooms (it was also kind of cold out at night, so maybe had it been during the summer and warmer going outside to get from one building to the next would not have botehred me so much). The Hotel Desk staff granted my request to switch rooms the next morning without as much of a blink and the extra $5 per night was well worth the switch. The hotel is beautiful and the pool is quite impressive. There are lots of restaurants in the casino area and even one that lets you do take out 24 hours a day (Cafe Milano- the prices are kind of expensive for a casino restaurant, but the portions are large). So if you're traveling to Reno and want a nice play to stay then I say choose the Peppermill. If you can rent a car that might be the way to go. The only drawback to this hotel is that it is not located near teh downtown area where it seems like most o fthe otehr hotels and casinos are located. I wasn't able to get to see downtown since we were in conference sessions all day, and so I would recommend getting a rental car since teh downtown area really isn't a short walk away. There's also a Walgreen's pharmacy up the street a few blocks awayfrom the hotel that I walked to to get some things, but other than that I found that taking a taxi if you do not have a car would be the way to go.