“Cleanest hotel I have ever seen”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Avalon, California
“Cleanest hotel I have ever seen”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Geat value, terrific staff. There is something here for everyone. Gambling, casual or elegant dining, 1/2 price buffet for seniors, 3 story spa, shopping, pool, night club, county singing in an open space bar. The friendliness and work ethic of the staff was refreshing for a casino hotel. This is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. We stayed in the Tuscany Tower which was fresh and new and every Italian. Free Wifi everwhere. Great business and conference center.
We took a day trip to Tahoe, which is about 45 minutes away. There is plenty to do in the surrounging area. Gas was about 75¢ cheaper than in California. Fill up before you cross the CA state line. This was a great couple of days with female friends enjoying a great road trip and enjoyable hotel stay.

Room Tip: The Tuscany Tower is 5 star quality. It is worth the extra money if you want so personal luxury.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,038)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oswego, IL
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I travel to Reno fairly frequently and have stayed at most of the casino hotels in town. The Peppermill is easily my favorite. I always request a room in the Tuscany Tower, which I believe is the newest addition to the hotel. The rooms are absolutely huge and include a nice (40"?) flat screen TV and large sitting area. The bathrooms are beautifully appointed and have a whirlpool tub, a seperate double shower, twin sinks, a seperate water closet, a telephone and a TV! I will say that the Tuscany Tower is a slightly longer walk to the casino than the Peppermill tower, but, it does give you a chance to check out the terrific pool area along the way. There are a number of moderate to upscale restaurants in the hotel/casino. I have tried them all! My favorites are Bimini Steakhouse, Oceano (seafood), Chi (Asian) and Romanza (Italia...what else!). I will say that while the hotel rooms are a terrific value, you can find less expensive dining options in Reno. All in all, though, considering the convenience and quality, I highly recommend the restaurants on property. The casino itself is a sprawling, Vegas style layout, with every sort of gaming imaginable. Nothing really out of the ordinary, but, quite nice. Finally, one of my favorite things about the Peppermill is actually one of the simplest pleasures. On video monitors throughout the resort there are brief high definition travel videos set to music from all around the world, especially featuring Italy and Nevada. There is a channel on the TV that shows these videos in your room. I could sit and watch these for hours! Absolutely beautiful! I always enjoy my stays at the Peppermill and look forward to my next visit. I would highly recommend that you check it out the next time you are in Reno. Good luck!

Room Tip: Reserve a room in the Tuscany Tower!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My brother and I visit the Peppermill Resort in Reno twice per year. We have always enjoyed our experience at the casino. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The restaurants provide a large variety of cuisines at reasonable prices. The casino and its various gaming opportunities offer a large range of gambling options. We would not consider staying at any other casino while in Reno.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the Peppermill Resort as a result of a business conference. I don't gamble. Rooms are decent in the tower block, food is OK, although basic, and the pool is thermally heated to about 90degreesF. Only one pool was open on this visit - the main one on the lower deck, and a biting wind in the first few days made it far better to be in the pool than out. It is long enough to swim in, depending on the other occupants. The fitness room has a good amount of equipment. The wireless internet was troublesome in that I could not conduct online banking, as it contravened the banks security measures. Local restaurants were very mediocre, and the airport is just 10 minutes drive away. The shuttle bus works well.

Room Tip: Be careful to select the newly renovated rooms - those in the tower block were decent (if a little g...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank james2n
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We will always stay at the Peppermill in Reno. The place has a high-end feel but not the high-end price. In case you think I'm some rube, I've stayed in the finest hotels and eaten in the finest restaurants all over the world: Hong Kong, Seattle, Portland OR, Boston, Vancouver BC, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Cabo San Lucas . . .

We particularly liked the Bimini Steakhouse and Romanza (Italian). Both are billed as fine dining, and the service and food matched the billing. Also check out the Lounge at Chi. We had cocktails there before dinner at Bimini. The Chi Lounge is just a nice place away from the bustle of the casino to relax a bit. The food looked and smelled great, but we had reservations at Bimini.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
South Suburban Chicago
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the Peppermill Resort this summer and it was a very pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the sleeping room, the nighttime entertainment, and the gaming. I felt safe when using the parking facilities as well as while I gambled. The shops have some very nice items to choose from. I love the delicious waffle cone ice cream although it was enormous and difficult to finish. This is the first time that I visited the Reno area and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Abingdon, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I just returned from three days at the Peppermill. We stayed in the Tuscany Towers. The rooms are nice and clean. However, my biggest complaint is the rooms have very little insulation - extremely noisy! Also, I would not recommend dealing with the conference staff - it took over 30 minutes to get straightened out upon check-in. Other than the noise and conference staff - it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business