“Beautiful place to stay!”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great experience at Peppermill and after checking out other hotel/casino's in Reno, we know we made the best decision! The staff was amazing, everyone we had an interaction with was extremely friendly and helpful. The casino was clean and pretty good sized. If you're going to Reno, it's not downtown but it's definitely where you want to stay!

Room Tip: The Tuscany Tower rooms are great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LauryJean
There are newer reviews for Peppermill Resort Spa Casino

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here only one night but loved it!! The room was comparable to 5 star hotel rooms. It was decorated nicely, had large flat screen tv and even the bathroom had a tv! We did stay in the Tuscany Tower with upgraded room. We went swimming in the pools and really enjoyed them but they had used too much chlorine and our eyes were burning afterwards. The only downfall, besides the chlorine, was the smell of cigarette smoke from casino when you had to check into hotel. We would love to stay here again though. It was a great value.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jlong3
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was our 37th wedding anniversary. We had a very romantic week at the Peppermill to celebrate. We enjoyed our time at the Terrace Lounge where we could have quiet conversation while still enjoying a cocktail and gaming. We also had excelent meals at Biscotti's and Oceano's. Our favorite meal this trip, however was our in-room dinner. We upgraded our room to a patio suite in the Tuscan tower. We dined on our private patio as we watched the activity poolside. The food, wine, and room were fantastic

As the weather was perfect for our trip, we also spent a lot of time at the pool. The service there was very quick, served by employees that really seemed to enjoy what they were doing and were very good at taking care of the hotel guests. There is nothing quite like a gin & tonic while lounging poolside in the warm sun.

If you are looking for a romantic get away, I definitely recommend the Peppermill. We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: During the summer when the weather is really nice, spend a little extra for a patio suite. You can...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Al R
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have family in Reno and go to visit several times a year. After dealing with the dumpy and frumpy Grand Sierra for too long, I started staying at the Peppermill and love it there.

I've stayed in the North tower and Tuscany rooms, they are all clean, spacious, well stocked with towels and truly decent toiletries. Some reviewers have criticized the decor and it is kinda over the top, but is appropriate for a casino resort and it all adds to the atmosphere. I've eaten at Biscottis which has very good food and a nice wine list for medium pricing. The bar accross from Biscottis has fun cocktails, a good view of the pool and live entertainment on some nights. I've also eaten at the coffee shop and the food is decent.

The staff are consistently polite and helpful, parking is easy and the property is very nicely maintained. I'm not a gambler, so I appreciate that the Tuscany tower is away from the casino activity and is more family oriented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible for a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ljgracie
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our pretty(tacky) room on the third floor of Peppermill towers had a view of the roof and reeked of stale smoke.

The turkey dinner I ordered at one of the restaurants was truly uneatable. From the processed meat, heavy flavorless potatoes and I'm guessing gravy from a can, to the cardboard dressing and watery cranberry, it was bad on every single count. When I sent it back the waitress and the manager acted shocked as if no one had ever rejected one of their meals, it was a little over the top, but they were very nice about it. I'll et the picture speak for itself.

I honestly think the Peppermill PR pads this site with good reviews. It just doesn't add up. The rave reviews cannot be for the same place that I stayed. I notice that everyone consistently says the customer service is very good, and I have to agree with that, they were very kind.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them at the front desk before you check in that you don't want a stale smokey-sm...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PS C
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for posting a review for us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your time and your thoughtful feedback. It is certainly against all of our morals to “pad” reviews as we’ve heard some establishments do. We are very proud of the fact that we do not have to do this. We are, on the other hand, very regretful that your stay was not on the same par as that of most all of our other guests.

As in all hotels, certain higher floors will have more vast views of the surrounding areas while the lower floors may be more popular with our guests that do not care for heights or may enjoy quicker elevator rides down to our entertainment and restaurant venues. Please feel free to request a higher floor when staying with us and we will certainly try to get you up in one of our many nice view rooms.

We’re sorry that you were served a meal that was not up to your standards. Please know that in any of our 10 restaurants, you will always be offered the choice of having any part of your meal recooked or substituted with something else from our extensive menus. This should not have been a “shock” to our restaurant manager but we’re glad to hear that they were nice about it.

We’re happy to hear that you were indeed impressed with our customer service. This is one area that is of top priority with us at the Peppermill. We hope that someday you will return and give us another chance to give you our true 5 Star experience!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed for 3 nites in the Tuscany Tower. The rooms are beautiful, bathroom spacious. Overall the casino is fantastic. I had reserved a cabana at the time i asked which cabana had the view of this beautiful mermaid over looking the pool. The spa is generally one who books the cabana. I was told that cabana 1-2-3 had the view I wanted. The lady said she would note our request. When we arrived Travis our cabana boy said we were in cabana 5. According to the spa manager cabana 1-2-3 are for VIP. This was never explained to me, my husband explained to the spa mgr. that our guests with us are vip. After looking up my cousin name, we finally got cabana 2. Had a wonderful time, pool, view fantastic. Travis the cabana boy left, around 5pm a cabana boy came over, very aggressive asking me if we had the right to be there. And have we paid the $200.00 rental. I told him he was rude, not even stating his name and demanding to know if we had the right to be in the cabana. I told him to get lost, and bring the manager. Few minutes later his mgr. came. She apolegized for the inconvienence and embarassement. Other than this fiasco our stay was nice.

Room Tip: Room 615 to 627 have a beautiful view of the pool, also we noted some rooms on ground floor had priv...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beakerdaisy1
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here recently for a business meeting. While the common areas (lobby, etc) are sort of tacky, my room in the Tuscan tower was beautiful and HUGE! The bathroom alone is probably bigger than most NYC apartments! I thought the pool area was great, as was the deli off the casino - great sandwiches. I really has no expectations coming here, but I was really pleased with the stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business