“Wonderful”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I reviewed this hotel 2 years ago and I just want to comment on how wonderful it still is. I've been back twice since and have stayed in Tuscany tower each time. We loved the buffet, bisccottis and the sports bar deli. I have got to say that the food was high quality especially the yummy French dip sandwich( its under the Chicago something) at the deli and the eggs Benedict ( again its under a different name) it is made with steak and a yummy different type of hollandaise sauce, at Biscottis. Our kids loves the pools and I loved my hot stone massage at the spa. The casino hasn't added wheel of fortune yet but it was no big deal. My only recommendation for the hotel room itself is to eliminate glass cups in the bathroom. They look nice and all but without thinking I left it too close to the edge of the sink and our little accidentally knocked it over onto the beautiful marble floor shattering it to pieces. I was able to get a broom from housekeeping but no dust pan, just a piece of cardboard that he gave me that made due.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BuyBuys
Write a ReviewReviews (11,062)

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We just returned from at 2 night stay at the Peppermill Resort. And yes, I think the word resort is very fitting. Once you arrive there is no reason to go anywhere else, the Peppermill now offers everything for a short Reno stay.

If you do choose to stay here you must pay the extra $30 per night for the Tuscany Tower. It will be the best money you spend. The old rooms are dated and tired. The new Tuscany rooms are colorful, comfortable and spacious. By FAR my favorite room in Reno, and I've stayed in just about all the major hotels in Reno (sorry Atlantis). These rooms can be confusing to find if you haven't been to the resort before, and I'll agree at times the staff can be less than ideal. The Tuscany tower has it's own check in to the left of registration. You need to go up a set of escalators and down a walkway past the pool to get to the separate registration. Peppermill does offer on line check in prior to your arrival on their website. Then you need only to swipe your credit card at a kiosk and your room keys will be dispensed. Then wasn't a line at the Tuscany registration so we skipped the kiosk.

The pool area is definitely the nicest in Reno and very child friendly, or so it appeared to me not having any of my own.

The Casino is nice, not large by Vegas standards but sufficient. I play slots, video poker and a few table games. The slot selection is a little disappointing. I would like to see more machines that are different from what you find at the local Indian casinos. I appreciate the older machines (1-armed bandit) but some could use a little freshening up. When I switched to the table games I didn't have great difficulty in finding a table that catered to my modest gaming budget either.

The food... Biscotti’s (near the Tuscany tower check in) is a good choice for any meal, though it could be considered pricey by some. There are numerous food options to choose from and if you want to get out of the casino Ruby River steak house is directly across the street and it is WONDERFUL.

As the last poster wrote there is major road construction just south of the hotel on Virginia and Moana due to lane widening. This is a major project and no where near done but the resort can't be blamed for any of it.

Overall I think the Peppermill is a great Reno option.

Room Tip: The Tuscany Tower is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WearToNext
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Peppermill Resort for a four day business meeting and had an excellent experience. Every aspect and experience of the hotel far exceeded my expectations. Here is a summary of things that stood out to me, broken down between GOOD and BAD.

GOOD:

* Check in was easy and efficient and the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. I arrived fairly early, 10:30am, and they even had a room available. The clerk did offer me a room with a higher view, but it wasn't yet available. I took the one available (6th floor), but I appreciated the offer.

* The room was FANTASTIC. First of all, it was huge! Probably the largest standard hotel room I've ever stayed. The furniture, amenities, bed, linens, tv's (two Sonys by the way), and climate control were outstanding, and it was all very clean.

* The bathroom was great as well and very large. It was very well supplied with many towels, was spotless, and came with a large walk-in shower AND a jacuzzi bath tub that was large enough to easily fit two. The jets of the jacuzzi worked perfectly and were as good as any outdoor jacuzzi you might try. There was no lack of hot water and the water pressure was perfect. When you go, treat yourself to this bathtub! As I mentioned before the shampoos/soaps were excellent and generously supplied. I have to say that I liked the products so much I asked housekeeping for extras so I could have some at home. I'll probably buy more of the same when I run out.

* Housekeeping was fast, thorough, and all of the staff were very friendly. Every day when I came back, the room was impeccably clean.

* I didn't have a chance to eat in any of the many restaurants at the hotel, as my company had provided meals each day/night through the hotel banquet staff. I will say though that there seemed to be a very wide selection of places to dine, and the prices seemed reasonable. As for the banquet food we were offered, I definitely enjoyed the variety and the quality was excellent. I did have room service one evening and again, was pleasantly surprised. The operator was thorough, helpful, and friendly, as was the gentleman who delivered my order. My food arrived in maybe 30 minutes or less, and the presentation, quality, size of the portions, and value were all superb.

* The property itself was very nice and although I didn't get to enjoy the very nice looking pools, I saw many hotel guests doing so. From the looks of things, both children and adults were having a great time. The pool furniture was all perfectly organized, and all of the lounges were very well cleaned and appeared brand new.

* I didn't get a chance to gamble, but my friends did, and they all had good things to say about the friendliness of the casino staff. There appeared to be a wide range of games, the same you would expect in Vegas.

BAD:

Let me just say that during my stay there wasn't a single BAD thing that I experienced, but I figured I had to put something down. I won't call it bad at all, just an area of improvement. My list of these things will be very short.

* The hotel room doors don't automatically swing close as they do in many other hotels I've stayed. Just keep this in mind for your safety when entering or leaving.

* It would be nice if a cable channel (HBO etc) was included in the TV service.

That's it!

My experience at this hotel far exceeded my expectations, and I had an excellent and very pleasurable stay. I would recommend this property to anyone staying in Reno, and when I return, I'll automatically book a room here without searching else where.

I hope this was helpful, and I hope your stay is as nice as mine!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Andy C
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Visited for business. The nicest rooms I've ever stayed in. my room was in Tuscany tower. Casino is gigantic and has a ton of $5 tables. Not a gambler, but enjoyed the 3 card poker and Texas hold em tables. Nice pools and friendly staff. Decent gym.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Afv99
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is the best place to stay while in Reno, The Peppermill has most everything you need in one place, from some of the best restaurants, casino and entertainment in Reno. The rooms are cozy and comfortable for a good nights sleep or mid afternoon nap, Peppermill is a family friendly place that all will enjoy.

Room Tip: The tuscany tower suites are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 369,411
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here before my wedding, and right after on my honeymoon due to issues with the hotel we were supposed to be staying at. We were comped our first two days on our honeymoon which made the change back to the hotel 10x's better! This is by far the BEST hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms were beautiful, we stayed in the Tuscany Tower! Great customer service, front desk employees were extremely nice and professional as were the valet guys and bell -boys! My husband and I loved our stay there and will continue to stay there every time we go back to Reno.

Room Tip: I had a couple friends stay in the towers, they said they were nice, but did not compare to our room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AudreyG412
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Overall, the hotel is beautiful. Handsomely appointed rooms and a friendly, accommodating staff. I did, however, have some issues with the room - having to change three times. After the third trip to the front desk, I had the pleasure of speaking with Karen Gelfarb, the Hotel Training Manager. She was the first of three people who were outstanding! Ms. Gelfarb was professional, caring, engaging and able to resolve things quickly and kindly. The same could be said for Melinda Benum, the Hotel Shift Manager, who, like Ms. Gelfarb, went out of her way to see that everything was extremely well taken care of in a gracious, professional and kind way. And last, but not least, I would very much like to compliment Violet, a delightful server at the Cafe Milano. She went out of her way to offer suggestions for choices from the menu when I explained my dietary needs and preferences. Her service and degree of caring was superior. She was professional, knowledgeable and a joy to meet. It's because of these three women that I would come back to this hotel. I have to admit, it started out bumpy with the rooms, however, the outstanding way Ms. Gelfarb and Ms. Benum resolved the issues at the front desk, and the extraordinary service I received from Violet at the Cafe Milan made everything well worth it. I sincerely hope these three women are recognized for the superior way they represent the Peppermill.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay in the Tuscany Tower. Excellent! The cost difference from the standard room is wel...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business