“LOVE the Peppermill” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Dana Point, California
“LOVE the Peppermill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I used to live in Reno, and I need to return many times a year for business and pleasure. I worked in the gaming business for many years, so I do know my casinos. The Peppermill is by far the best casino in Reno.
I have friends that still work at other hotels, so I do stop by to say 'hi', but there is no way I would ever consider staying anywhere other than "The Mill" (and no, I have never worked there)

The employees are very friendly, the rooms and the casino floor are very clean.
I love using the pool and the fitness center. It is just so comfortable here that we are bummed when our week is up and we have to return home.

My favorite place to eat is the buffet. I always give my old work buddies a call when I'm in town and so they can meet me there for lunch. We used to hit different resturaunts, but everyone really enjoys the Island Buffet.

The previous posting complained about having to pay a "resort fee". No one likes the extras that are tossed on, but give it a rest. Resort fees are charged every where I travel and are just a part of life. Naturally you don't see them at the cheapie motels, but I would gladly pay $14 just to have access to a great pool, gym, and super easy parking.

Can't wait to return. Thanks to all the staffers that make my trips so comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,902)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We are locals and enjoying having stay-cations every once in a while. It was a beautiful sunny day and we wanted to enjoy the pool so we booked a room and had a great day. Our room was one of the cheaper rooms but it was still very nice. Large comfortable king bed, big flat screen tv and a nice big bathroom. Their pool area is gorgeous! The water is so warm and the lounge chairs are fantastic.... we ordered lunch by poolside and had a great time. All in all a great day of fun!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Although we could've gotten a lower price for our room had we waited, this entire hotel/casino is well worth the money -- whether you are in the Peppermill Tower or Tuscany Tower. Since this hotel/casino is rather large, it doesn't feel cramped like many others. As we wandered around, we found many nice seating areas for young and old alike, near lounges, restaurants, etc. Although south of old downtown, requiring a drive to the majority of casinos, you'd be content sticking put at the Peppermill.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Business trips take me to Reno a few times a year. I prefer the Tuscany Tower rooms at Peppermill. Rooms are warm and beautiful. Food and service is good. Parking garage gives easy access to the property. Definitely one of the more desireable properties in Reno.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rolling Hills Estates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This resort was such a surprise. It really was a very nice resort with gambling of course, since this is Reno Nevada. The service was excellent. Management really know how to cater to visitors. We arrived at 9:30 am from a flight from California, and even if check in time was not until 3:00 pm, they accomodated us. What a breath of fresh air! Speaking of air though, the ventilation was not that great in the non-smoking section of the casino.

The restaurants were very good. We were able to try 3 of them. The Romanza, which was a fine dining restaruant did not disappoint. The food, ambiance and service were what you expect it to be.

Room Tip: Photos of food are in my food blog: solittlethyme.blogspot.com
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at the Peppermill for one night last week and I was pleasantly surprised. We used Priceline and only bid $40 (it was $62 after taxes and the resort fee). We had a basic room but it was clean and very comfortable. The decor was definitely not my taste but it worked perfectly for us. I was worried about smelling smoke even though it was non smoking but it wasn't too bad. I definitely did notice a slight smoky smell (we were on the 2nd floor), and I wouldn't want to stay there very long, but it was sufficient. The room was big, the beds were comfortable and the hotel staff was extremely nice.

Parking was free and secure. We stopped at the 7-11 next to the hotel before we checked in at about 10pm and it was a bit sketchy so I wouldn't ever walk around that area at night, but it seemed fine in the morning. The resort fee of $15 kind of ticked me off, but I have come to expect that. Overall, I would recommend staying here if you get as good of a deal as we did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I travel to Reno frequently for business. Peppermill is at the top of my list....probably my favorite. Tuscany Tower rooms are very warm and spacious. Food is great. Very convenient parking and location. Had a few instances where service was lacking and not very pleasant, most likely just due to under staffing though. Spa Toscana was absolutely beautiful and very relaxing. Overall a wonderful place to stay, whether visiting for business or pleasure. I always look forward to my stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business