“Tuscany Towers is Awesome”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Danville, California
“Tuscany Towers is Awesome”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We just got back from our annual family ski trip and we stayed at the Peppermill in Reno (Tuscany Towers). I must say that the rooms are beautiful and very relaxing. The bathrooms are a room in it's self and very modern. The lounge bar is a must and their martini's are very delicious (go to Fireside lounge also- Happy hour was great and a very relaxing place after a day of skiing). All the restaurants are fabulous. We went to Chi (plates are big enough to share), Biscotti's (one meal is good for two people) and Bimini (we celebrated our 3rd anniversary there during our trip). The filet was great and the staff was more than accommodating. Pool area is my only complaint as there were kids in the spa splashing all around. I know it's not the hotels fault but pretty annoying when you are in there to relax (maybe there shold be a no kid spa). The arcade was great for my 13 year old nephew (we even played some games with him). All in all it is a great family resort and also a great couples resort and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Tuscany above the 16th flr have sep sitting area.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lbarakett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,040)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oroville, California
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I had to stay at the Peppermill for a week to help out with my Uncle's funeral. The rooms were stuffy. The windows wouldnt open and the temperature control was only a fan to "cool" the room down. We were here in February and it was snowing outside and it was still too hot in our room. They need to work on this. We also booked a penthouse suite to hold our wake/memorial service. We talked to VIP Services about the room. I explained to them that we needed the room to fit about 30 people or so and that it was for a wake/memorial service. The gal that I talked to said that she would help me out, and make sure that my room didnt get bumped by a high roller who came in. We looked at the rooms which are beautiful and chose what type of room we wanted, and we reserved it. The day of the funeral comes and we go to get our room and they tell us that we have been bumped and we are -1 right now. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have 30 plus relatives coming in from out of town and you are telling me we are bumped? I was so upset because they said this wouldnt happen. After several hours they were able to get us our room, thank goodness! But the stress of having to deal with a funeral, and deal with wondering if I was actually going to have a room to hold all of these people in was completely uncalled for. The room rates here are decent. The rooms are nice. I really dont like the fact that all the snacks are on motion sensors and if you knock one over or something you pay for it. These are also things you CANNOT remove from the room. So if you have kids, you may not want to stay at the Peppermill. They need to fix the temperature controls in the rooms and then it will be a nice place to stay. Oh, and we were in the peppermill tower. Even though there were these issues, the rooms are quite nice and I would recommend again.

• Stayed February 2011
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate that you were patient with us until we found the suite you needed for your funeral service. The demand for our suites is very strong and at times it may take extra time to insure that we satisfy this demand for all of our guests. We are currently going through all of our rooms to insure that our computer controlled climate system is functioning as it should. Most high rise hotels have safety locks on the windows that prevent them from being opened more than 8 inches. We encourage all of our guests to call the front desk if you have any issues such as this in your room and we will attend to it immediately.
Again, thank you very much for the 4 Star review and we hope to see you in the near future!
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I love the Peppermill & have stayed there before but this time was quite different. Our Sienna Suite in the Tuscany Tower was AMAZING! Room service was good except that they messed up our dinner order & then charged us twice. Everything was wonderful until we got home & discovered that we had gotten ringworm from the linens! Gross!!! I am very shocked by this because we've always had a great experience at the Peppermill. Would love to stay there again but probably won't. Thanks for the cooties guys!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay with us in our Tuscany Tower suites. We are glad that you found your Sienna Suite to be “amazing”. We receive complements on these suites daily and they are surely a step (or two!) above the standard suite.
We have addressed your concerns with room service and apologize for our error.
We have checked your room closely including carpet, drapes, and furniture and we found no evidence of the ringworm fungus you have contacted. We take extreme care throughout our facilities to prevent this or any other type of fungus from occurring. Our linen goes through a very stringent process before it is allowed into any guest room. The first step is a 160 degree detergent cycle followed by a 150 degree bleach cycle. These two cycles last a total of 19 minutes. Following this, the linens go through a bleach neutralizing cycle, a rinse cycle, and then a softener cycle. After this process they go into a 280 degree dryer for 23 minutes and are then folded and kept in a clean dry environment before going onto a guest bed. This type of fungus typically thrives in a warm and moist environment.
We sincerely hope you are doing better and we thank you for sharing your experience with us.
New York
Reviewed March 26, 2011

This tower was added to an older casino hotel and so if you park in the garage you have to go down an elevator, across a skyway, down an escalator, up an escalator and then walk 1/4 mile to reach reception. There was one clerk on duty at check-in so it took maybe 20 minutes while she dealt with a high-maintenance guest in front of us. I booked through agoda.com and I don't think I had a very good rate (1st time I used that site). The other woman checking in had a lower rate with AAA. The room was spacious and nicely appointed, good bed, tv in bathroom, huge tub for 2 and shower. It is done in the over the top casino glitz gold accessories style, but was ok. If there is one thing they could do, better doors to keep out hallway noise but this is a common hotel problem. The hotel's location is a little far from the rest of the casinos in town so you have to drive there, not much close by.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I wasn't looking forward to driving to Reno from Southern California this past weekend due to road conditions and weather, but my morale was instantly turned around as I was greeting by the front desk agent with a warm and comfortable greeting. I was hesitant to approach this agent because of the huge "Training Class" sign but I'm sure glad I did because I have never met such a wonderful front desk agent ever in all my travels. I hope he
reads this because he does deserve the notice and compliment for the
way he made me feel, his name
was Lance, and I very much
appreciated his wonderful service.
I am going to recommend the
Peppermill Resort to everyone and
anyone who I know is traveling to
Reno. Thank you again Lance for turning my trip to Reno around!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Thank you, Basom1, for writing a review to Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. “Five Star” guest service is what we train for everyday here at the Peppermill and we love it when it is our service that makes the day for our guests. Front desk agent can be a very demanding position in a resort the size of ours and we realize how important it is to find the right people with just the right personalities to work well in this position.
We will most definitely pass your kind words on to our agent that assisted you. We appreciate you referring the Peppermill to your friends traveling to Reno and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I booked my reservation to Third party billing so when I checked In he just asked for credit card for any additional charges. We stayed for 3 days, when Im checking out I have $30 dollars extra charges when I talked to the ALICIA HILBIG (hotel Shift Manager). Front Desk did not tell me that there will be a $10 resort fee per day, she did not apologies, all she said is YES we do charge for FEE she is TERRIBLE MANAGER no compensation, no apologies.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tinylady88
Thank you for your review to Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Peppermill Reno. We sincerely apologize for you not receiving the proper notification of the resort fees during your stay with us. All major hotels book rooms through several well known 3rd Party sites such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline.com, etc. Typically these sites will bill only for the base rate of the room and usually the taxes as well. We take great care that these sites also state that any additional charges will be billed at the time of your stay with us. This message is also repeated on your registration card that is signed at the time of check-in and should be reiterated by the clerk checking you in.
This resort fee is a bargain at $10 as it covers the following amenities and services:
1) Wireless internet in all public areas, guest rooms, and use of our internet café
2) In room coffee
9) Incoming and Outgoing faxes and photocopies (5 per day) &
10) Concierge service
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed March 19, 2011

It's obvious that management has spent $$$ to create a destination experience in Reno, but someone forget to tell the hotel front desk staff that they could kill the experience so quickly. I don't think I have ever experienced such uncaring staff anywhere. Such a shame. If service and feeling welcome is important to you, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011