“Perfect!”

Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Reno
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 29, 2005

Let's face it, Reno is not Vegas. That said, the Eldorado is not the Venetian. It was however very nice, very clean and had a wonderful staff. We stayed only one night: Friday of Memorial Day weekend. We got a room at Eldorado for the incredible price of $55 bucks!!! Initially torn between it and Harrahs, we chose Eldorado based on the reviews from this site (props to the peeps who do the Trip thang) and are pleased with our choice.

A couple of notes, Eldorado has FREE valet parking. Rooms are small but clean. They have mini-bars, cable, on demand, in room internet access and much more. The hotel is right in the heart of the Reno strip. We were so pleased we wanted to spend as much of our money as possible there so we ate at the brew pub, the buffet and the coffee shop (recommend all, but the service at coffee shop isn't the best).

Lastly, I said Reno isn't Vegas, well... the Eldorado - and ajoining Silver Legacy - is a great property and on par with many of the Vegas Casinos.

• Stayed May 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Turkish first
seattle
Reviewed May 23, 2005

I had never been to Reno before, and did not know what to expect, so I booked into the Eldorado because their advertisements made it seem like a nice hotel with a casino. In reality, it was an worn, smelly casino with a mediocre hotel.

The staff was nice enough, and the room was clean, but it was not a "classy" place for the price paid. Our room was on a lower level with lots of traffic and loud corridor noise all hours of the day. Our view was of the casino roof.

I realize that Reno is a gambling city, and I like gambling, but there was not a place in this hotel (outside of your room) that was not actively trying to take your money. Similar sized hotels in Reno at least maintain a veneer of hospitality - and they are the ones that I will patronize in the future.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank dalangdon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2005

Very nice hotel! Room appeared to be newly renovated too. Staff could not have been nicer and accommodating. Casino was great too! The cocktail waitresses were super efficient, unlike some casinos in Vegas, where you can't get a drink if your life depended on it! Would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in downtown Reno!

• Stayed April 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2005

I booked two rooms, April 4 - 8, at the Eldorado, one for my brother and sister-in-law and one for hubby and myself. There was an internet special for $109 for 4 nights in a deluxe tower room so I called the toll free number to ensure that we would be receiving the deluxe rooms (as shown online), not the standard or run of the house rooms (as I ran into this problem before), and I was guaranteed that that we would be getting deluxe rooms with 1 king bed.

Upon check-in I asked again if we were getting deluxe rooms and I was assured that's what we were getting. Well not so! Up to the room and back down to advise the Front Desk that they were not the right rooms. I told the check-in clerk that those were not the rooms online and that we were not going to stay in them. She called the assistant manager and still would not give the deluxe room without us paying an additional $10 per night - which we decided to do. Back to the room we went and still not the room shown online (a stepup from the previous room). Needless to say we did not want our holiday ruined, so we decided to stay in the rooms and contact the Eldorado directly with our complaint. The Front Desk staff need to learn some manners and how to deal with customers in a friendly manner.

Most of the Eldorado staff are extremely helpful and friendly, making the Eldorado a wonderful place to visit. The casino staff are wonderful - from the hostesses to the waitresses. The casino has great security, before being allowed up to the rooms, room keys must be shown proving that you are a guest. Buffet was pretty good as was the Eldorado show the Ten Tenors.

I did email the Eldorado - we were reimbursed the extra $10 per night and received a letter offering a free upgrade to a suite for our next visit with an apology. I like the Eldorado and am going to give them one more chance.

See you in September!!

• Stayed April 2005
8 Thank mardia
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed April 24, 2005

This is an overall great place to stay overnight in Reno. It has several restaurants which serve delicious meals, the room rate is very reasonable (check out the AAA special deal which included a complimentary breakfast buffet), and with the covered parking garage and enclosed walkways between three connecting casinos, you don't have to be out on the street if you don't want to which gives you the additional feeling of security.

4 Thank 2travelers172
sedona, arizona
Reviewed April 4, 2005

We just returned from the Eldorado and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the new towers which, the rooms in, are nicely done. It was clean and functionable (comfy beds, mini fridge, safe, etc.). I get turned around alot in large casinos and did as well in this one, but after the second day, I had acclumated. We ate the breakfast buffet which had a decent spread and resonable prices. Gambling was fine - The sports book is small. Would go back again.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank mexidona
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2005

Just got back from a three night stay at the Eldorado. Check in was great. The people at the front desk were very friendly and professional. The room we stayed in was newly remodeled 300 sq. feet. Non smoking. We had two comfortable queen beds and it was spotless as far as cleanliness goes. I really loved staying here as the Eldorado is really the best location in Reno. You are literally minutes from a bunch of other casinos. They are connected with the Silver Legacy and the Circus Circus. I was very impressed with how clean everything was and my room was the one place where I couldn't smell any smoke. There was a convenient safe in the room and they have security at the elevators to make sure that you are a hotel guest.
As far as gambling goes I hate this place! Table games have high min. and it is too packed. Not to mention most of the dealers were and are pretty arrogant. Now if you want to play slots well I can't help you there but I do know they have tons of machines available. I would head to another casino to gamble but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I hope this is helpful for you.

• Stayed March 2005