“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eldorado Resort Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Port Angeles, WA
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Just returned from a 2-night stay at the Eldorado. I had a deluxe king room in the spa tower.

The room was clean and well-appointed. The tv was huge and had very good picture quality. My only "complaint" would be about the bathrooms, like many other travelers have commented on.

We will definitely stay at the Eldorado the next time we are in Reno.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Turkish first
Mountain Ranch, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've been coming to the El Dorado for over 20 years. As time passed, on of the thing I came to accept was paying for Internet service so I could run my business from the hotel. To my pleasant surprise I found that on this trip, two days Internet access was given. Sweet!! Save me money I expected to spend. El Dorado, you are the best!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank TLC9999
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

this hotel was chosen because of the mostly positive reviews that I read. They were correct!!! The hotel was clean and well appointed. Security to use elevators was a nice touch. As far as the room we had it was remodeled, clean and comfortable. Didn't eat at the hotel so cant say much about food. I would stay at this hotel again. Hotel was connected to Circus Circus and the
Silver Legacy by sky walks. Great in cold weather!!! Went to Lake Tahoe while we were in Reno.This is a must see trip. A nice day trip. Left hotel at 10 am and got back at 5 pm. A nice leisurely day sightseeing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank robert s
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have been staying at the Eldorado for our annual Girls Weekend since my 21st birthday. We love everything about the Eldorado. Well, we were a little sad when they closed Choices, but the new Pho Mein is great! Keep up the good work Carano family. We will be back in July!

Room Tip: We stay in the old towers because we like connecting rooms. They are a little smaller and pretty ol...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tata26
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We haven't been to Reno in years but were passing through en route to Tahoe. I've stayed at a few different downtown locations, but this was my first time staying at the ElDorado. We loved this hotele & it exceeded my expectations! The rooms were clean & updated, the casino was good to gamble & they did a good job controlling the cig smoke, which is often an issue for me. We even won some $$! They do charge a "resort fee", but it is modest compared to other places I've stayed, & they offer free valet parking, which makes up for it in my book.
The only small negatives I noticed were 1) the carpet in the room tower hallway was nasty & really needs replaced. 2) the ceilings in the bathroom are low as are the shower heads, so if you are tall, beware. Unless you are 5'5" or under, you will be ducking to take a shower. As a previous reviewer wrote, they did a great job with a 30+ year old facility!
We hope to get back to Reno this year and plan to stay at the ElDorado again.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool, which was great. Nice & quiet with a decent view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank traveltosun
trevor-wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been going to Reno for 30 years and these days the Eldorado seems to be trying harder than any other casino/hotel to get your business. The rooms have been nicely updated as best they can with 30 year old rooms (ie the bathrooms still have low counters and a basic shower tub with curtain)

The staff is all very nice .

If you join their slot club and gamble a bit and are over 55 the buffet (which is very good) is $5 sunday-thursday for lunch or dinner. And if you gamble a bit more they send you decent offers (I went to see Dolly Parton on a free ticket and a free room)

The El Dorado is connected with a sky walk to the Silver Legacy and the Circus Circus so you don't have go outside in the winter to go to all 3 properties.

When you look at the room rates remember there is the now common rip off $12 "resort fee", that includes internet

Room Tip: I alwaystay in the tower above reception, this time in room 1907
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank trevor-wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Every time my husband and I head to Reno, we check the ElDorado first, and 99% of the time that is where we stay, and we go to Reno 3 or 4 times a year.
We always valet park and those guys and girls are great at check in and on check out Sundays those folks are busting their humps to get everyone out in a timely manner.
The front desk staff are always pleasant and helpful.
The rooms are always clean and the beds and linens are comfortable and nice quality. The bell hops are extremely helpful offering to get ice for the room, or checking to see if we need anything else before they leave.
We usually sit at The Ringside Bar in the casino downstairs and our favorite bartender is Chaw (spelling ?). He always remembers us and our drinks and treats us like regulars.
We are smokers so a smoke filled casino doesn't bother me like it might others, but I think there are other casinos close by that have worse air quality.
We haven't won much in the casino lately so we do walk around to different casinos to try our luck. But the nice thing is, it is centrally located to most of the Reno casinos so it's easy to wander.
Love Tivoli Gardens Cafe, the buffet is very, very good.
The comps with a club card are good too. Stay in the Skyline Tower it's the best!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple