WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Deer Park, Texas
“Nice people!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room was average. I really had a hard time with the lighting in the bathroom, especially putting on my makeup. The people were all extremely helpful and the food was pretty good. We ate at several different resturants in the hotel. I did not go there to gamble, but my husband had a great time with that! I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Turkish first
Caledonia, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

First time I have stayed in downtown Reno and the Eldorado. My wife and I stayed 3 nights while I attended an event downtown. The room was clean,comfortable and well kept. The only downside was the lighting in the bathroom wasn't great. The restaurants and bars were enjoyable.We especially liked the Brew Brothers restaurant for both the service and the variety of beers available. Will be visiting Reno next year and will stay herte again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room for a minimal cost.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for a meeting. The check-in process was very frustrating the line got longer and longer and yet only one person was checking folks in (there were others at the front desk but they were busy doing something else). The room was very basic - but since it was inexpensive I did not expect more. It was quiet and clean. Navigating around the property came with the usual frustrations of a casino -- they want to provide to directions to every place in the world as long as it is gambling venue on their property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stay in Reno about once a month, but had not stayed at El Dorado. But we would go back.

There were many top notch areas of the hotel. The bell staff, housekeeping, and everyone at Brew Brothers - excellent. Really.

The check-in process had a slow moving line and the process was cumbersome. The sports book was not a place I wanted to be, rather than listening to the horse races, they had a ESPN talk show on, and not one cocktail waitress came through. The table games staff are not a friendly bunch.

We were there for my birthday, which besides some video poker machines, there was no recognition by the El Dorado of this. Bummer!

We stayed in a luxury room, which was nice, we had a spectacular view of the HVAC system on the roof of the hotel There was a mini-bar, but no fridge in the room, which I would expect. We had some electrical problems in the room, and the very accomodating maintenance person did what he could to resolve it. The in room computer access has to be used with the clunky, tempermental provided keyboard. To use a laptop, there is an additional fee.

There is a resort fee, which I believe is $7 a night.

Overall, this was a nice experience, I would definately go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Make sure you know all the rules and mark down the different letters on your card. I was playing one game and they turned it into something else and I even told them the game I was playing.
It was just 5.00 that I was cheated out of, but still wasn't right.
Over all this place is not worth the money spent

• Stayed March 2013
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

From the surly bartenders to the rude reception staff the Eldorado provided a level of customer service that we have rarely experienced. I'm sorry to say that downtown Reno is a sad shadow of any vibrancy that it once may have had and this is echoed in this hotel's service. I know that the state of the local economy must be depressing for the staff that work there but we came with the intent to contribute generously and a kind word or an occasional smile would have been a welcome incentive. As it was, there was no incentive to be generous at all. The joke of the weekend was that there was something wrong with every special "deal" or event that we opted to participate in: from the hotel room with a view of a plaster wall 30' away to the "Magique dinner package" with the surprise that the dinner was limited to a "special" (boring) menu at the alledgedly award-winning La Scala restaurant, not to mention the "special" table set up for our group directly adjacent to the bus station with crashing dishes and rushing waiters. Yeah, I know, we should have asked for another table... but we shouldn't have to.

We probably would have forgiven all the lack of civility if we could have used all the special discount coupons we had been promised but we weren't really able to take advantage of the deals because, hey, there was always some hitch. Yeah, the old bait-and-switch. We paid top dollar for everything but we didn't get top dollar service. Don't kid yourself: nothing here was a good deal or a good time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lee D
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We recently stayed here so I could treat my wife to a bathtub soak(we only have a shower) for Valentine's Day. I was able to book a room for $34/night plus tax and resort fee which came to $45, a very fair price for the room and hotel. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the tub delivered and the service was great. I have stayed here before and would recommend it if the rates are reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple