“nice rooms but..”

Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed November 12, 2012

we got a medium size room on the 10th floor with no view. The room was clean. The free internet wasn't what we thought it was.
We thought it was free wifi., but you have to pay for it. The free internet is on the tv. So you cant watch tv if you're on the net. The keyboard batteries were dead. I called front desk to get some new batteries, but noone never showed up. So I put my own batteries in it. The keyboard was hard to use and moving around on the screen was very slow. Also there is a $2 city tax or charge that was not mention when we booked the room.
Also you have to be careful not to touch the drinks or goodies sitting on the table and in the fridge or else you will get charged extra.

Room Tip: ask for a view
2  Thank miteydog

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I travel on business and got a per diem rate in the $30s for the night. Best room I've ever stayed in for that price. People were nice. Room was clean, linen was comforting. No free Internet. Didn't give promised wake up call. Locked my self out of the room :( and called security they never came housekeeper let me in. Hotel is definitely older but good deal for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank travelingirl211
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have had an average to good stay but last night was horrible. First I checked in for a room and a show....the Jersey singers...four seasons. Anyway the room was nice but after putting my suitcase down, we looked up and saw a condom hanging from the fire/sprinkler ....it was gross! I am a grandmother and I had my 14 year old niece with me. I called the front desk and they stated they were sorry and we would be upgraded to another room. The room was exactly the same, but higher up. The staff stated we had a better view. (We could see the rooftops) Then my niece and I went to work out...the pool was closed for the season. When I booked in , this was not mentioned. Why was the jacuzzi closed? After returning to our room, the staff offered us dinner at the buffet, but I thought it was better to leave, and we did...I did get my room and the show as a no charge,,,but what a disaster...All of our plans were cancelled...

Room Tip: I took a pic of the condom, but think it's inappropriate to post...I did that for mgmt...
6  Thank lica0526
MeganFinn, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Hello lica0526,

Thank you for posting a review of the Eldorado Hotel Casino on TripAdvisor. We appreciate our guests' feedback greatly and strive to use that feedback to give our guests the best experience possible. That being said, we are truly and extremely sorry for your experience during your time with us, starting with the disgusting condom incident. We assure you we try to keep the cleanest and most sanitary conditions possible of our property. This sort of occurrence does not happen normally, and we are sorry our housekeeping staff did not see this first so we could have avoided the problem this created for you (after scrubbing with our strongest cleaning supplies of course!). We are also sorry for the misunderstanding about our pool closure; I will be speaking with the appropriate managers to discuss a way to better clarify when the pool is open on our website. Again, we are sorry your stay went so poorly and we sincerely hope to have the chance to improve your impression of the Eldorado!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

A group of us visited Reno for a bowling tournament and stayed at the Eldorado. A very classy hotel. Rooms were very clean, ammenities were excellent. Shuttle service took us where we needed to go. No problems at all. Beautiful place.

Room Tip: The higher up the room is the better the view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lorri L
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend has golf buddies who like to stay at the ElDorado. The rooms are nice and quiet most of the time. You can't help but get drunk idiots making too much noise from time to time, but security is quick to arrive and handle it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are regulars to the hotel every year for the last 10 or so years. Flying in from Washington State for a charity event. This time we stayed in a standard double queen while small in size most decor was upgraded and accent lighting above the bed was perfect for reading. The bathroom was a hole nother story, the linens seemed a little rough to the touch & tub had some serious wear and tear. I would of expected a little bit more from the staff maintenance to keep the rest of the room looking nice. Staff through out the rest of the casino/hotel were great.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank whalah97
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited the Eldorado Hotel Casino November 4th, 2012. to see the show "Jersey Nights". Very high energy and very entertaining. Show room was smoke free. Stadium seating...for best seats ask for the G or H rows and seats from 14 to 20... If you want to be part of the show they always select people in the F row and seats around the 12 to 16 area...will give you the best chance...

We ate in the Italian Restaurant (totally smoke free) on the "show package" and enjoyed a real nice meal. Our waiter was Tony and he was the best!!!!!

I am a non smoker and walkiing through the gaming area I could definately smell smoke...it sucked...
I was in a family party of 7 and we did not stay the night although I have stayed in the Eldorado before and the rooms were very nice.

For stage entertainment..and food...I have always enjoyed the El Dorado....and will return...Mike

Room Tip: All rooms are nice..clean and updated.
1  Thank CU4NO