“An island in a sea of......”

Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed September 21, 2012

While Reno Downtown may not be what it once was, while inside the Eldorado, you would never know. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff is wonderful. We like to go there just to get away. They take good care of us when we are there. Sometimes the Buffet may not be totally up to par for breakfast, but if you speak up. they will make it right. The Asian food place is the nicest bang for the buck food. If you want alot of glitz, yeah, go to Vegas, if ti is a short getaway, this works for us. Oh, and you are close to Tahoe. If you do not mind the drive....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (10,719)

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The rooms were very clean with all the amenities you'd expect at a much more expensive hotel, with highest quality mattresses. I enjoyed my stay there and will return as soon as i possibly can. They are so close to so many great sights and attractions, restaurants and shops, and the staff was friendly in a not-fake way. Gonna do it again. ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as you can get to get away from noise, but even so a bottom floor room will b...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PhantasticPhotog
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our room was $200.00 and we had to get a smoking allowed because the hotel was booked. Our room smelled horrible...cigarettes! Anyway, the housekeeping were responsive to our requests for a razor and toothbrush. The pool is ok...nothing compared to the Peppermill...the buffet was Sunday Brunch...The food was ample,,,,lots of choices...but a little high priced...5 adults....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I booked last minute. Rate was $49 plus resort fee of $8. Check in was fast. Clerk was very friendly. Free parking with a skybridge to the hotel. The room was excellent. Great bed, clean, nice shower. Several cjhoices of places to eat in the Hotel/Casino. I'm not much of a gambler so I can't speak to the quality of the casino. I would happily pay $100 a night to stay here.

Room Tip: It's a little bit of a walk from the free parking so if you have a lot of bags, I would leave th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Everything you could wish for. Massive comfortable bed. Air con, tea/coffee making facilities. TV, power shower, all the nice little extras, I can recommend the shampoo and conditioner, my hair never felt so soft! A peaceful night's sleep too! Attentive staff, nothing too much trouble. Our first time in the USA and we were very impressed by the cheerfulness and courteousness of everyone we met. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

People were helpful and pleasant. Location was great.Clean but mattress was worn. Cigarette smoke in casino was heavy at times, unlike silver legacy , the adjoining hotel..Shops were not as good as silver legacy. Stay there unless you get a good deal on the rooms at the eldorado

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Need to preface this review by saying my review is of the casino and people, not the hotel. I happened to be staying at another casino, but spent most of my time at the Eldorado having a blast. I have to say if you are in Reno & would like some perks for your gambling dollars, there is no better place than the Eldorado. I have spent two "all nighters" playing at the Eldorado & already have close to $300 in comp dollars. To compare, I have been playing at Harrah's properties for years, and have less in comp dollars. The dealers are friendly ... they want to see you win. They sulk with you on your losses, and celebrate with you on the wins. The Pit Bosses are just as friendly, the cocktail servers are quick, the bartenders are cool, and the place is set up right. One might think I hit it big there if I'm so complimentary .... the truth is I had some losses, and I had some wins. I may have been a little bit up at the end, but the cool part is I was able to play a long time on my budget .... I only wish Eldorado had a sister location in Las Vegas. Loved it here.
"