“Great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Fair Oaks, California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I've stayed here a few times and it great for a business traveller. Simple and very clean, just a Hotel though, no restraint or lounge with any grind of slot gaming, which is perfectly OK by me.
Simple getaway breakfast in the mornings and very kind and hospitable service from everyone there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear valued guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Reno Airport. Comments such us yours only spur us on to keep working hard to be the best we can be and a "Perfect" for all our guests. Please stop by anytime you are in Reno again and we will be more than happy to serve you once more. Thank you once more.
Kenny Nagra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Vista, California
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Newer hotel, very nice clean rooms, great breakfast with lots of different choices. Free coffee in evening as well as fresh baked cookies... nice touch! I would have given this hotel a 5 rating although my only beef was the whole "pet friendly" aspect of it. First of all, pet owners please be aware that this hotel is pet friendly, with a $20 PER PET/PER NIGHT pet fee. Yes, you read correctly, $20 per pet each night. And for what? They don't even have a pet potty area on sight. They do offer bags at the outer doors exiting the building, but that was about all I saw to be "pet friendly" in this hotel. A small potty area for dogs, sand pit even, would make a huge difference and partly justify the extra charge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nadene H
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much dear valued guest for writing this review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the difficulty you experienced with the dog walking area. Every guest concern is addressed promptly and as efficiently as possible. We hope that you will return and stay with us in the future. Thank you once again.
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here for the July4th Weekend. Its a Clean Hotel mainly for business guests. The breakfast was good - lots of variety but not much healthy choices (sugar loaded yogurts etc.) The room quality was ok. TV is quite small and the bed was extremely uncomfortable - definitely not worth the $$$ we pay per night. One of the elevators was broken for all 3 nights we stayed. Also Parking lot was completely full on 2 nights when the hotel was full.

Room Tip: Not much noise from anywhere. Parking is a big issue at night when rooms are filled up. So arrive ea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review for us. Your comments are very important to us. We aim at being a "perfect " for all our guests and apologize that this stay was not so. Please contact us at 775-229-7070 and let us know, what we can do to make it right for you. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been here for a month on business and my room is always clean. Everyone on staff is amazing. I would like to give a shout out to one front desk gals in particular, who in my opinion is a huge asset to this property. Yesterday was my birthday and those of you who travel frequently know how lonely this can be when your away in a city where you have no family or friends. So after a 13hr shift I got back to the hotel and asked the driver to take me to get a cake and dinner (microwaveable duncan Hines and a cup of noodle) since it was my birthday I had to celebrate no matter how small I still wanted a cake....lol and she wished me a happy birthday and off we went to Walmart. When we came back she had a small gift bag for me and put a few snacks inside and said this was all she had and said I'm sorry your alone on your birthday but I hope you have a good night. :) Isabell this was very thoughtful of you and I hope this finds its way to your management because its folks like you who make business travelers like myself feel welcomed and makes holidays away from home not so lonely. Thank you again for this kind gesture I appreciated it so much. If I'm ever this way again I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Manitzie
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you so much for taking the time to write a very thoughtful review. We do our best to provide a perfect level of service to our guest and are glad that you experienced that. We hope that you will return again in future so that we cater to you once more.
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Universal Studios. This place was nice and quiet. What was nice was that it was so clean. My kids really enjoyed the pool after late shopping. They have a really nice breakfast bar in the morning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christian E
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Christian, thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad that our goal to provide a perfect level of service to our guests was achieved during your stay. Reviews such as yours warm our hearts and spur us on to keep doing what we do, and do it better. Please come and visit us again soon. Thank you once more.
Utah
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here after a long drive from Utah before going to Yosemite. The place was perfectly excellent - clean, comfortable, courteous staff, convenient to traveling, all the amenities we have come to expect from this usually very fine hotel chain.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Moniquepeep: Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thorough and wonderful review for us!. We understand how important a few minutes are these days. We are glad to hear we met your expectation during you stay. Please visit us again whenever you find yourself in the neighborhood!
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying with a pet. The room was meticulously clean and odor-free (trust me, my cat checked every inch).

There's a nominal $20 fee, but they keep "dog baggies" by the back door.

The breakfast is also excellent.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megan0627
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for your super friendly review! We hope that you will be returning as often as you can so that we can keep offering you a "perfect" level of service. Thank you for your recommendation as well. It is greatly appreciated!