WINNER WONDERLAND

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Reno
“Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stay at this Holiday Inn Express all the time because it has the best staff and its the cleanest hotel in Reno. The rooms are super clean and the furniture is really nice and new. I use the business center all the time. Lobby is also really nice. If you want a clean hotel stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank JosiahEstrada24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Winnemucca, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. This was my first time staying here and I was totally impressed this place looks New. The staff was excellent and accommodating. My room was very nice and clean huge room. I really liked the pool and spa late at night was so relaxing. They have a really good breakfast in the morning the pancakes were good the host was very friendly. I have stayed at other hotels in Reno and so far this was the Best one!!! I really recommend this hotel next time you're in Reno.

Room Tip: Any Floor is Great!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fuzz N
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Internet wouldn't work, made it impossible to complete my work. Parking lot needs more lighting. Not entirely a bad place to stay but needs some improvements. Difficult to find but not a bad location. My room seemed very small and the fridge was way noisy.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank fishn4me
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear fishn4me,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Probably would have been perfectly happy if I hadn't gotten a room facing the highway. The noise was pretty bad -- nothing but trucks and idiots on loud motorcycles all night. How about upgrading the windows in the highway-facing rooms to reduce the sound? All I wanted was a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank James B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear James B,

Thank you for your candid review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. It is regrettable that your stay was negatively impacted by the noise challenges you experienced. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tualatin, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

So my child is attending the University of Nevada Reno....I am not a gambler (well I do but not much) and not big on casino lifestyles....so the first time we went to visit the college we stayed at Circus Circus (it was close to the school and inexpensive.) Decent place, old and a bit run-down, clean but not exceptionally clean (I left my flip-flops on!)...and Nevada still allows smoking inside (ugh!) and although hotels claim to be non-smoking by room, as do restaurants, if you're attached to a casino you will smell the smoke, inhale it second hand and leave smelling like you smoked a pack....

So we looked for an option away from downtown and the casino's, for our next trip. Maybe a bit further out from the university. We had stayed at Holiday Inn Express' in other cities while traveling and gave this one a shot:

Got off the plane, called their front desk, the shuttle picked us up within 5 minutes. Fast easy check-in (very friendly front desk staff!), great clean room! The desk told me the shuttle has a limit to miles they can drive guests, but since the driver wasn't busy they had no issue taking my son and I back and forth to the college during orientation weekend. The breakfast (included) was perfect for us: eggs, fruit, breads/muffins, pancakes, juices, cereals, coffee and even cinnamon rolls! Pretty sure my son ate his money worth and then some! I forgot some toiletries: no problem, the front desk will supply you with anything for free (never had to take advantage of that before but it was very convenient!) Easy shuttle to the airport upon leaving...convenient not to have a car!

We stayed here again in a small suite with the entire family when dropping our son for the start of college: big enough room for five (yes, five, and three of them well over 6 feet tall) because of the two queen beds and queen sofa-sleeper...small kitchenette in room, big TV which the kids like, and again, we got our monies worth when the three children ate hardily at the free breakfast! The front desk was agin wonderful, the room exceptionally clean, staff very pleasant! We did have our car this time and there was ample, safe parking.

Best part: no smoke from casino, no smoking anywhere! Now, this hotel isn't near stores/shops you can walk to, but the shuttle will take you almost anywhere you want to go! Its 2 minutes from the airport, and less than 10 mins via shuttle to downtown/university area. Perfect for our family who did not want to stay in the casino/gambling area!

We have decided this is our hotel when visiting Reno.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have exceptional views, this hotel is strictly a nice, safe and very clean place t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CitygalNY2OR
Sharon A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are so happy your experience was positive. I feel fortunate to have had an opportunity to chat with you prior to your departure. You inspired me and I wish you the best. Please let me know the next time you are coming to Reno. I am at your service should you have questions or need anything.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at this place on our way to California. Since we were traveling with kids and we were looking for something in our budget and also nice and clean accommodation. When we arrived at this place and it seems pretty new and water feature in their lobby gives you a calm down feel and you fall in love with the place. The staff was courteous and professional. check in was easy and we were very pleased with the service and when we got in our room and really likes the modern decor and room was big nice and clean. I like the make removal in rooms. Which we didn't get at other Holiday Inn's. My husband likes the shoe shine package. after driving all day kids wants to go swimming and swimming pool was warm and hot tub was cozy. The breakfast was a huge, when you travel with kids. We are planning to stay again on our way back. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula C
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Way overpriced, but otherwise fine. Holiday Inn Expresses aren't as great as they used to be (just a few short years ago), but this one is still pretty decent. One thing that seems to be a theme is bathrooms that aren't big enough to move around in.

I'd highly recommend that you don't pay for a suite. We were upgraded for free (long story - they did the right thing with that decision), but there was nothing special about the suite and I can't imagine paying even more for it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ralverde
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We strive to ensure every guest has a positive experience when staying with us. I'm sorry you were not completely satisfied. If you would like to share some suggestions regarding improvements we can make, I would truly appreciate hearing from you.