Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to the airporthi expressfront deskindoor pool and spafree breakfastthe breakfast areafree shuttlenice breakfastnight's sleepupgraded to a suiteyogurthot tubexcellent hotelcomfortable bedbusiness centergreat place to staybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night and overall an average experience:
Pros:
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Pool was clean
- Rooms were clean
Breakfast was pretty good onsidering the free hotel variety

Cons:
- freeway noise is noticeable
- noise from hallways is easily heard

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Ron H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and I am glad tht you found our amenities to be clean.

I am truly sorry to hear your noise challenges during your stay. Our goal is to ensure that we provide an environment of comfort, therefore we are concerned when we fall short of your expectations, please accept our sincerest apologies for any discomfort and inconvenience this has caused you.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel to stay while you are in Reno enjoying the many events. The great room is really large and the breakfast area is nice. Many breakfast items to choose from. There needs to be a local paper on the weekend for members.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway side
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldblueeyes9217
Reviewed June 17, 2013

the rooms are nice enough, the staff lovely, and the bake fresh cookies every day! the breakfast buffet is pretty decent. the pool has a chair for handicapped individuals, very nice! the fitness room looks nice (okay, i didn't use it). i spend two nights here on different occasions on my way to and from my destination. they didn't mind me showing up late or leaving early, in fact offered to make me a snack for the road. this hotel is exactly what you would expect of a modern place near an airport. there was a dorm-sized fridge in my room, and they are dog-friendly. there isn't much available for food in the immediate vicinity, so thankfully, i had a car.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The close proximity to the airport is good. The rooms are clean and the hotel relatively new. It is however in an industrial area, so no food options anywhere close by. Make sure you don't show up needing to eat as you will be out of luck.

• Stayed: June 2013
Sharon A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize you found the restaurant options less than optimal. There are many fast food locations within walking distance, just two blocks from the hotel. There are also several restaurants in a three mile radius and a large resort just one mile from us has many restaurants, including fine dining steakhouse, buffet, mexican and asian cuisine. We also have a complimentary shuttle that will take our guests to any restaurant in a four mile radius which encompasses downtown and access to many eateries. If we failed to provide this information, please accept my sincere apology. Should you return to Reno, please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Staff was great. Rooms clean and quiet. Good dog friendly hotel. Sacramento river trail about a mile from the hotel. A couple of clean nice parks, good dog area, felt safe there. Did three miles round trip with the dog. Always good to have a place to take him when we are on the road.

Room Tip: We stayed in a pet friendly room on the first level by the door it was quiet, which is sometimes not the case when you are by the door, so no problems there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie G
Sharon A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your very kind words. We are very close to the Truckee River, it is a beautiful trail and I am so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it. If I can be of service in any way, please let me know, I look forward to meeting you in the future.