“Nice to see nature, although a little adapted..”
Review of Truckee River Walk

Truckee River Walk
Ranked #3 of 137 things to do in Reno
More attraction details
Owner description: River walkway that affords views of the river and Reno.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The river has been made a safe place for families to play in the water! It was great to walk along it in the evening, and the park there had a free concert that night too!

There are newer reviews for Truckee River Walk

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Walking down the River was beautiful. Great photo areas and beautiful scenery. I thought it was a walk right next to the river, but the river is blocked off to access except at the west side towards the beginning or end wherever you start, there was a small area where people can go hang out and swim. But walking up on the bridges and sidewalk was very nice too. Safe and calm.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Short but entertaining walk along the Truckee River, with footbridge across the river, along shops and restaurants/pubs. We watched children playing in the water and on rafts, alongside of a small church baptizing two members. After our walk, we stopped in and had a brew at an overlooking pub deck, with overhead awnings to shield us from the warm sun. At times of the year, the vendors set up along the walk for wine tastings. Delightful setting in the midst of Reno city buildings, a pleasant surprise.

1  Thank Nanafortwo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is such a beautiful walk to take in downtown Reno, NV. I used to live not very far from Wingfield Park and I would take this walk alone or with my dog just about every day. It was may daily ritual and my way of letting go of all the stress from the daily grind by watching the river flow its course. I especially loved the stroll in the summer, because a lot of other people are out and about and it's just a great atmosphere. This path also shows you the good river floating spots and the grassy areas beside the banks are great place to have a picnic or just lay out in the sun and shade for awhile.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The river is beautiful but the river walk is not what I was expecting and I have to say that I did not always feel safe. The restaurants that I was interested were actually a block or two away from the river and more into the downtown area which can quickly become pretty run down. Would go there again in the morning and go tubing on the river that looked fun. Don't think I'll bother with the rest.