“Great little hole in the wall”
Review of Dish Cafe

Dish Cafe
Ranked #179 of 917 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
usa
“Great little hole in the wall”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Tucked in a building for sale, but worth looking for. Amazingly friendly staff greets regulars by name, offer advice on life to those who need it and discuss recipes, all while providing efficient service and superb food. Only open during the week. Somewhat cramped for space. Very reasonable prices.

1 Thank skydoc101

Colorado Springs
“Very Favorite in Reno”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We were in Reno 2 months ago and heard some friends of ours bragging about a restaurant with fresh homemade soup that they were going to almost daily for lunch; I asked them the name of it but never got the chance to investigate further.
I got smart this trip and got on Trip Advisor; I did not realize that The Dish was the same place that our friends were talking about until we walked in. Not only do they have fresh homemade soup daily they have the most amazing homemade desserts too! We have been back already and I plan to go again before we leave; I honestly cannot say enough about this place.
One or both of the owners have been there both times we've gone and both times there was someone making a fresh dessert right before our eyes. There is a nice shaded patio available and the menu is filled with many local, organic, fresh choices!
The atmosphere is very casual and very welcoming.
As I said, I really can't say enough about this place. Anyone who loves to eat healthy and local needs to try out The Dish!

1 Thank QuiteParticular11
Palm Springs CA
“Hidden Gem in Reno”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

If you want homemade, healthy and reasonably priced food, you can't beat the dish cafe. We went based on other tripadvisor reviews and tried it for lunch. Clearly a locals hang out. Small, funky (charming ) and hidden at the back of a small office building, you'll feel welcome the minute you walk in. I can't remember her name but the owner greeted us immediately, told us all about her homemade specials for that day and offered some suggestions. My partner and I both had salad entrees. The service, food quality and flavors were all excellent. We took some great homemade cookies to go. I would definitely go back.

Reno, Nevada
“love Dish”
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Great lunch spot all made in house .Yummy . Baked good and salads are so good.

San Francisco
“My new favorite place in Reno”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Nice place. The people that work there are very nice and friendly. They went out of there way to say hello and goodbye. I had the chicken curry sandwich which was excellent. They had baked carrot cake which I had as well, excellent.

Been to Dish Cafe? Share your experiences!