“So much more than I expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charlie Palmer Steak Reno

Charlie Palmer Steak Reno
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Palmer Steak Reno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 906 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jensen Street
Description: Charlie Palmer Steak Reno in the Grand Sierra Resort is a study in contemporary contrasts, from blonde wooden walls enhanced by mica and leather accents, to midnight blue, deep terracotta and espresso texture fabrics, and stylish booths, featuring natural grain faux leather baguettes, with floor-to-ceiling stretched fabric panels, creating a Mondrian effect. Showing his culinary diversity, Executive Chef Dave Holman, who oversees all the Palmer Grand Sierra Resort restaurants, skillfully mixes the past, present, and future in neo-traditional renditions of steak houses classics, like Pan Seared Sea Scallops & Crispy House Bacon with tangerine marmalade and poultry jus. Charlie Palmer Steak Reno is imaginative resort dining topped off with just the right amount of finesse.
Eugene, Oregon
“So much more than I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had purchased a Living Social that included a $50 credit toward one of the Grand Sierra restaurants and tickets to the Escape show.

We were visiting in Reno and this was going to be our weekly date night. Based on some of the reviews I had read, I wasn't expecting too much.

The man folk and I both had the specials. I had the filet mignon stuffed with crab, sauteed mushrooms and the lobster bisque. I have never spent $50 per person but, this was seriously the best meal that I have ever had!

The service was outstanding and the ambiance was very enjoyable.

We had a very nice evening and will return on our next visit to Reno.

• Visited July 2013

Dayton, Nevada
“Not my favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had dinner here last night. I ordered the "Dungeness" crab stuffed filet mignon. I am not sure what I had was actually Dungeness (which could have been why the word was in parenthesis) as it did not have the distinctive leg portions that I would recognize, but whatever it was, it tasted a little fishy which would be a very sad way to present Dungeness. The steak was cooked perfectly, and the presentation was beautiful. The steak tasted good. We are low carb eaters so could not eat the delicious looking bread or potatoes, nor the lovely looking treats at the end of the meal.

Service was obtrusive with constant interruptions, starting with the very nice lady who described each entrée in endless detail, to way too many people inquiring about the meal. One person takes the order, another brings the order, several others come to ask about if you like the food, on and on. I like service, but I am there to interact with the people I am eating with, not the service staff. They were really nice folks, but after a while this hovering and smothering just gets annoying.

The place appears to be very over staffed and it was noisy.

• Visited July 2013
North Bend
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We thought steak was very good value for the price - filet for $38 with salad & one side. Good quality meat. Service was prompt and good. If you catch happy hour b4 7, hour de voures are good value.

Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
“Not as good as last visit...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We started with the lobster corn dogs, at the bar, sound wierd, but they are wonderful. Enjoyed the ceasar salad, but then the roasted chicken dinner, not so hot. Very over cooked dryed out Steak however was nicely cooked but cold. All in all not as wonderful as our last dinner at Charlies, but all restaurant miss the beat once in a while, we will try it aging. Fun Bar nice drinks and service.

• Visited June 2013
Lafayette, California
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wonderful time at Charlie Palmer Lounge during happy hour. Attentive service and wonderful 1/2 price selections. Great oysters for $1, tasty melt in your mouth Sliders, crispy and fresh Calimari. 3 hours of eating and drinking for 2 for under $70!

Visited June 2013

Been to Charlie Palmer Steak Reno? Share your experiences!