“Primm was better than the Excalibur”

Primm Valley Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Primm
va
“Primm was better than the Excalibur”
Reviewed December 22, 2005

For our anniversary we stayed at both Primm and the Excalibur, difference in price... 170 (with Excalibur being the more expensive). Primm was SO much nicer, from the quality of the towels, AC unit, coffee pot in room, just overall quality of everything, Primm is definitly someplace I will stay again, whereas the Excalibur is somewhere I would NOT stay again. The fact that there is a fashion mall attached is a good deal too. We took the tram to the other casinos there, but liked Primm the best.

• Stayed November 2005
8 Thank Cheryl B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Saskatoon,SK Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,184 helpful votes
Reviewed December 1, 2005

WOW! I can't believe I only paid $50/night on a weekend as an internet special for this place. It is worth much, much more. Rooms in Vegas were well over $150 on average for this same period.

The hotel had sold out, but we had reservations. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The soaps, shampoos and toiletries were of the better quality. Each room was modern and clean. The bed seemed a bit smaller than a standard double but the matteress was way better in comfort than most of the economy places that I have stayed in Vegas. Linnens were good quality. The rooms were very sound proof.

We were only here one night passing thru so we didn't get a chance to use the pool. The pool is in a beautiful Oasis style court yard in the center of the property.

We ate a NY Steak and egg breakfast in the cafe for something like $7 that was very good for the $

I was so pleasantly supprised, that I will make another trip here someday to explore the other properties in PRIMM. It is worth the drive (40 min to Vegas. The hotel lived up to and exceeded all of the expectations that I had based on my Trip advisor research.

• Stayed November 2005
9 Thank Saskheat
Reviewed October 19, 2005

My husband and I checked in on the month of september, the rooms were dirty, it smelled horrible, and the customer service was not as expected. Will never stay in this hotel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 1, 2005

This was the first hotel we stayed at where the sound proofing was excellent and the room space very ample for the two of us. Wish it were twenty miles closer to the airport, though. R.D. -Trenton Mi

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orange, CA
Reviewed September 1, 2005

A friend and I stayed one night at Primm Valley Resort & Casino on Sept. 1 and loved it. I've stayed at all three Stateline hotels and will stay at the Primm from now on. Here's the low down!

Check in:
Relatively quick and painless. Enough front desk attendants that I didn't have to wait in line too long. The worker who checked me in was kind enough to ask if I had any room preferences. He was the first person to ask me that in all four days that I'd been hotel hopping. I asked for a room near the elevator, close to the ground since we were only going to be there for the duration of a 3-hour nap. My request granted promptly. Good customer service.

Living/sleeping area:
The room seemed modern and new. Air conditioning unit worked great. Decorations and wallpaper are tasteful. The bed was clean, and I think that the mattress was of an above decent quality. I was able to fall asleep quickly, something completely atypical of me. Either I was finally tired from my four-day trip through Las Vegas and back, or it was the bed. I may never know. We stayed on the first floor, which was great for people/pool watching. I loved our big, sunny, and immaculately clean window.

Bathroom:
The bathroom was stocked with fluffy white towels, little soaps, lotion, etc. Water got hot quickly, though the water pressure on the shower wasn't great. We booked through (---) and paid a mere $25.52 incl. all taxes. What a deal!

Casino:
The casino was nice, but I didn't do any gambling there. There is nice artwork and decoration going on at the Primm. There were three elevators near our wing, so we never had to wait long for one to arrive. Glass elevators provided a view of the interior.

Food:
Though I didn't have a chance to eat at the Greens Buffet, there's a good variety of little places to get a quick bite. I snacked at the pizza place. $5 bought me a big slice of cheese pizza and a medium Pepsi. Tasty!

Perks:
We were given two vouchers for our choice of three different rides at Buffalo Bill's. We chose to ride Desperado, which would've cost us $7 each without the vouchers. Desperado, for those of you who've never ridden it, is a roller coaster that goes so fast that tears stream out of your eyes. It's also so tall that you might feel like you're about to fly off the track and into the air. It's a roller coaster lover's dream come true. We rode Desperado right before we took off back to California and it gave us a much-needed energy boost before the four-hour car ride home.

Overall:
I love this place. If you are spending any considerable amount of time at Stateline, book a room at this hotel. Roam where you must, but sleep here. It's the most clean and comfortable of the three.

• Stayed September 2005
23 Thank homerkimpson
Reviewed June 23, 2005

Just returned from a trip to Primm, NV. This is just outside Las Vegas [actually at the stateline between CA & NV]. I've stayed at all 3 Primm Valley Resorts--Whiskey Pete's, Buffalo Bills, and now Primm Valley. They are all 3 adequate; however, Primm Valley is by far the best deal. This is a very attractive property. The room was as good as any Sheraton, Hilton, etc. that I've ever stayed in. The view was beautiful. Very friendly staff. Excellent prime rib dinner. Go elsewhere if you are seeking a buffet [this one is only adequate], but everything else is great!

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SLC, UT
Reviewed May 23, 2005

Considering we only paid $35/night this place is the bomb. Much nicer/cleaner than Buffalo Bills. I walked into BB's and walked right out - stains all over the lobby/hall carpets - yuck.

We opted to crash at the Primm for the night instead of Vegas, and saved a bunch as a result. The rooms/hotel were clean, the pool & spa were large and clean, and we didn't have any problems. The train was fun for my son, taking it to dinner across the fwy.

• Stayed May 2004
8 Thank debhibb

Been to Primm Valley Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!