“A great deal for a nice place”

Primm Valley Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed May 23, 2005

Considering we only paid $35/night this place is the bomb. Much nicer/cleaner than Buffalo Bills. I walked into BB's and walked right out - stains all over the lobby/hall carpets - yuck.

We opted to crash at the Primm for the night instead of Vegas, and saved a bunch as a result. The rooms/hotel were clean, the pool & spa were large and clean, and we didn't have any problems. The train was fun for my son, taking it to dinner across the fwy.

• Stayed: May 2004
8  Thank debhibb
There are newer reviews for Primm Valley Resort & Casino

Reviewed May 21, 2005

Received a free room with our plane ticket (through travelocity). I wasn't sure what to expect, but how much time did I plan to stay in the room during our 3 day weekend? I was impressed. It was an easy 20 minute drive from Las Vegas. The tables were a LOT cheaper to play (we were there for fun, not to lose our shirts). $1 roulette was much better than $30 at the big Las Vegas casino. The "casino host" gave me a free shirt when I said I needed a shirt and wanted to know when the gift shop opened. The pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. Over all I was happy with the resort and area. It looked like nothing was there from the websites, but there is an outlet shopping center and 2 other resorts (with thrill rides) all within walking distance (or a free monorail). I would stay here again (even if it wasn't free)!

• Stayed: May 2005
13  Thank SheilaMarieK
A TripAdvisor Member
long beach
Reviewed May 18, 2005

hotel is ok, but the custumer service and security, fair from good. One morning went to the poll came back 2 hours later, my room door was opened. Went to front desk, reported the incident.They said, they were going to find out who opened my door. Next night the fire alarm went off.
Again, no explanation was given. when checking out, I called the manager to see if they found out what happened. Again, they did not know how went to my room. So, if you are looking for costumer service and some security in a hotel. Just do not go to Prim Valley. You will not find those things there.

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2005

My wife and I were comped one free night at Primm March 20th of this year and I decided to stay here because the rates in Vegas were over $200 a nite with spring break, March Madness and everything else.

When we arrived there in the evening the desk clerk assigned us to a inside room with a view of the pool which was very nice and quiet. The bed was okay--the mattress was springy but at least it wasn't rock hard so that I couldn't get to sleep. The room showed a little wear and tear but for the price, you couldn't beat it. They had one of the newer coffee machines that was a drip style into the cup machine.

I tried the pool the next day but it was closed for the season. I think that was the reason the outdoor jacuzzi's temperature was like lukewarm bath water as well, even though there were children using it.

That Sunday evening, after taking a nap, I proceeded to the craps tables and entered what looked like a good table--points were being made, no craps numbers were appearing and people were making money on all the numbers. When it was my turn to roll, I must've made what it seemed like was at least 5 or 6 points, rolled lots of numbers and maded tons of $$$ for my fellow players, who I genuinely liked even before my roll started. Since it was my first session of the trip, I betted conservatively and when I did start to increase my wagers, unfortunately, it ended. My fellow bettors were so happy and appreciative, they showered my run with red chips ($5) and one high roller dropped a green one ($25). Unfortunately, the next day//later on the table flipped the script and became ice cold till it was time to check out the next day.

The cafe at Primm has always been good to us but unfortunately. The food quality I felt had slipped a little bit though service was good. I ordered the linguica sausage omlette over rice and the rice came out kind of gooey/paste which made my meal not enjoyable to say the least. Disappointed was probably the word.

The mall at Primm was the highlight for my wife and something she looks forward to on our frequent road trips to Vegas from San Francisco. When I won, I promised I would buy her an outfit, the next day after losing most of it back I only had enough for a nice sweater that she found at Jones of New York Mall which luckily complemented something that she found on our last trip to the Las Vegas Outlet Mall near Downtown LV at the Jones store there. Talk about a lucky break for me. I found these cool looking cargo pants at the Gap outlet at Primm with these big pockets which I wore every day on our trip to Las Vegas and to Laughlin.

• Stayed: March 2005
7  Thank yo/ace/deuce
Reviewed February 22, 2005

Okay, if you go to this hotel expecting the Paris or the Bellagio, of course you will be disappointed! My boyfriend and I decided to stay here one night on our way up to Vegas. We didn't expect much, honestly, but were pleasantly surprised.

The “resort” accommodations fell somewhere between an Indian gaming casino and a Best Western-level hotel with décor that you might find in Solvang, CA – it’s wasn’t plush, but we found it more than adequate. The staff on hand was friendly and efficient. The nicest surprise was GP’s restaurant. Despite the late hour, the service was excellent and the food was delicious (Try the bananas foster, made right in front of you).

This certainly isn’t the fanciest hotel I have ever visited, but if you are looking for a break in the action, or a nice, reasonable hotel on the road to Las Vegas, you can’t do better than Primm Valley. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2005
18  Thank Vanessa J
Reviewed October 15, 2004

We stayed at Primm from Monday 4th to 12th october 2004.
Apart from the waiting times on thr reception,we could find no fault with the place. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reveiws but for us, we found it very pleasent. The king size rooms are better than the queen rooms.
The pool is a bit cold, but the weather is so lovely sometimes a cold pool is called for!.
The staff are all friendly and very helpful, the coffee shop very cheap and basic, but there is a restaurant that does a buffet, all you can eat for about 7 dollars, you must try, very very good and very cheap.
There is a large shopping mall in the hotel, also a large casino hall so you dont really have to leave the hotel if you didnt want to.
Its about half an hour from Vegas, but if you want a peaceful and hectic holiday, this is the place to be.
We chilled at the pool all morning then went into vegas mid afternoon and for the evening, the pace of Vegas, you may welcome the chilling time at the pool each morning.
We will use this place again very soon I hope.
Hope you have a good a time as we had.

• Stayed: October 2004
15  Thank Keak123
A TripAdvisor Member
Los angeles,Ca
Reviewed September 18, 2004

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Primm Valley Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!