“Never again!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Primm
edmonton
“Never again!!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Whiskey Pete's last year and found it to be a good experience. On checking through Travel Worm the Primm Valley Resort & Casino had a higher rating then Whiskey Pete's. Don't know how that happened!!!
We arrived late after flying into Vegas and picking up a rental car.
When we went to check in there was one woman on the desk. We waited about 20 mintues or so to check in. We had problems because we had booked our first night through Travel Worm and the second night through the hotel reservations. My husband needs a fridge for his heart medication and were told that wouldn't be a problem. When we finally got our room key and got into the room (a ten day hike from the elevators) there were towels all over the floor and the bed, styrofoam food containers and empty drink glasses all over the place. The fridge showed up just after we did and we sent him away as we weren't going to stay in a messy room. When we contacted the front desk to see if housekeeping could come and straighten up the room we were told that we had to go back up to the front desk. When we got back up to the front desk there was still only one woman working and quite a long line-up. We were given another room (not a ten day hike from the elevator) and this one was clean. When we asked about the fridge we were told that it would be sent up. After waiting quite a long time we found housekeeping only to be told that they couldn't find the fridge. It is now close to 1:00 am and we are tired and not very happy. We had just got to sleep when Security was banging on our door. When my husband opened the door they said that there had been a noise complaint about our room. Maybe the snoring was too loud!!?? My husband ended up going and speaking with the Night Supervisor and we got the second night comped. Also, you have to use your room key to get ice from the ice machine and it is quite stingy with the cubes. If you try to put your room key in again for more, you don't get any. We will never, never stay at this property again. Always remember the adage, "you get what you pay for." We would've been better off staying at the South Point like we ususally do when were in the Las Vegas area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Needs upgrading
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debster70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
California
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Husband and I stayed at the old Primm Valley, now called Terribles, for three days. As usual, we had the room comped, by one of the Casino hosts. He was very nice and got us a room in nothing flat. Check-in was a breeze, as it always is for us. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. We have a lot of fun when we are there. We usually eat at the Buffet, but ate one night at the coffee shop, the buffet is closed on a Thursday, which was our first night there. This is where we had our first disappointment, my husband had the Prime Rib special, which he discribed as very bad, he did not finish it nor did he complain to anyone. This is why we like the buffet, we get to pick and choose what we like to eat, and if we don't, we get something else. Our other problem was with the room. It really was in dire need of remodeling. Why doesn't the new owners start to renovate the hotel? The door frame to our room was coming off. Our bathroom was in bad shape, with leaking, shower, toilet and sink. The linen was worn out. And the furniture and tv was outdated. Come On, Terribles, it's time to remodel. The casino machines were more modern than the rooms. This is the second time this year we have been to Primm, and the rooms have not got any better, only worse. Aside from the room, the casino itself was clean and modern. All machines I played were in working order and the bathrooms are always fully supplied and clean. Our stay was still a lot of fun. Plus the connecting mall has many many stores and are all open for long hours. Great for shopping. Also, RV parking is allowed in the north parking area. It is very big, but no hookups however, so I wouldn't stay there in the summer unless I had a generator for the air-conditioning. Well I hope this helps all who read it. Thank you. Joanne M. Miller

• Liked — friendly staff, complimentary room , and great casino with variety of machines.
  • Disliked — the room was unsatisfactory and in need of repair.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kenolady
SF bay area, CA
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We just returned from a 2 night stay at Terribles/Primm Valley Resort & Casino. I'm not sure why it's called a "resort" since to me, it was just a plain hotel (not like Four Seasons, Bellagio, etc). But besides that fact, we had no problems with our stay.

Our room was a double (although we requested a king) and upon rearranging the furniture a bit, we were able to fit our pack'n'play in there nicely without it feeling cramped. Nothing to complain about in the room, everything worked (lights, tv, remote, etc).

Bathroom was clean. Although the bath towels were a bit on the small side.

Housekeeping was good. One morning we left for breakfast at 7:30am and by the time I got back to my room at 1pm, it was already made up. We also called twice, for 2 separate items, and they answered our requests promptly.

We ate at their coffeeshop which was okay. Had the continental breakfast the first morning, which was alright. And the ham & cheddar omelete the next which was better. I spent about $10 each morning for breakfast and hot chocolate.

Location is about 30 minutes south of the strip. There isn't much out in Primm. We were only there for a golf tournament.

Overall, we had a good stay. The people working there were very helpful. And we won a little at the casino and I enjoyed the fact that the outlets were right next door!

Enjoy your stay!

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank SJhulawahine
los angeles
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We recently stayed at Primm Valley Resort as a springboard to the southwest. Check- in was pretty much simple, not too much of a hassle. We reserved a suite which had a living room area and jetted tub. Our room had an old smelly couch and a couple of ants running the walls.Other than these concerns, the bedroom was clean and seemed to have new sheets. There were 1 1/2 bathrooms with the main bathroom having a two person tub and a seperate shower. There were two television sets. Overall, the stay was pleasant. The rooms will never be vegas standards but will suffice if you're coming or going to other destinations.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank jrmgo
San Bernardino
Reviewed April 12, 2008

This is a good deal if you are looking for less crowds. I had a good time here. My room was not so great, but I asked for another room and they gave me a better room. People should not expect a lot for the little money for the rooms. My opinion is this, if you want a four start hotel, then you should be able to fork the mega bucks. I personally do not have the mega bucks, so I stay here.

It was a good experience for a small price.

• Liked — The convenience of being close to the casino floor
  • Disliked — The awful scenery
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank jensdesire
PhoenixAZ
Reviewed April 8, 2008

Very Happy with the service, accomodations and price. A mix-up at check-in was quickly rectified. The pool area is beautiful, plenty for families with children to do and the shopping was superb.

• Liked — Food was great !! felt Comfortable & safe.
  • Disliked — could use some refurbishing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank TJDitto
Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I stayed here for work and thought it was a nice place for business and families. The three properties are connected by a monorail, which allowed us to leave one hotel without having to walk forever, like you do on the strip. Each hotel had a different theme, fun rides and a movie theatre. The mall attached to Primm Valley was amazing. I had a great dinner at GPs restaurant. The rooms were average, but clean and you can't beat the rate! The strip is in between the airport and the hotel, so we stopped there before heading to our meetings.

• Liked — The fact that there were three hotels so close together with lots to do
  • Disliked — Internet station could have been more accomodating
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Primm Valley Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!